Favorite Sports Anime?

Pokii

A person like me loved watching sports and anime at the same time. I wonder that you guys watch still sports anime. If you do, then what's your favorite sports anime?

Me? Props goes to Haikyuu!! as my favorite sports anime by really great comedy and intense matches in this anime. The characters are really enjoyable and has personality. Haikyuu!! will get a season 2 once the manga is more further. In which, I've read Haikyuu!! manga and it's still great so far.

Little Busters, its a sports anime, they play baseball... well kinda xD

Girls und Panzer is a great sports anime with tanks as their sport. :)

Other than that though, I can't think of any sports anime I've watched.

I don't think Little Busters is consider is a sports anime despite they main character play baseball. They more likely focus on the characters in more depth, still it's great anime. Haven't seen Girls an Panzer through so I'll check it out. xD.

Haven't seen Girls an Panzer through so I'll check it out. xD.

Lolis facing off against other schools in sensha-do tank battles. Very entertaining and as you'd expect, nice attention to detail with tanks. xD

I haven't seen any sports anime myself. Any recommendations? >_<

I've never been one for watching sports so I haven't watched a lot of pure sports animes, though recently I have been watching them a bit more- Unexpectedly I really loved Haikyuu. That said, my favourite sports anime is definitely Taishou Yakyuu Musume. It may not be the most hardcore or in-depth when it comes to sports but it's all around a great anime, and one of the few that I would say handles important issues like sexism in a mature way. :-)

• 2 months later...

I am pretty surprised no one has said anything about Hajime no Ippo (Boxing) or Kuroko no Baske (Basketball) but then again i haven't seen some of these other anime mentioned ,I will have to take a look at them . I highly recommend Hajime to any fans of full contact sport and Kuroko is also on my recommend list .

• 4 weeks later...

Chihayafuru seems to be counted as one... I will put that out there until I finish another one I really like, but it'll definitely be Haikyuu!! or Kuroko, really great contenders there. Don't think I really started any others, though.

I've never been one for watching sports so I haven't watched a lot of pure sports animes, though recently I have been watching them a bit more-

Also, so much this.

I haven't seen many sports-themed series. Only two come to mind for me anyway, Touch and Princess Nine. Both baseball series. Since I only have those two to pick from, I'll go with Princess Nine. Oh I have seen some of Slam Dunk...not my thing. Hey, does Beyblade count? lol

Anywho, Princess Nine was about a girls' baseball team that wanted to someday manage to play at Koshien. It's an honor to play at that stadium. I did enjoy it for what it was, and the music was so nice, I bought the OSTs for it about ten or so years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Want some sports anime? i am really the one that really likes sports anime

Kinda Realistic:

Baby Steps

Haikyuu

Hajime no ippo

With power and magic sports xD:

Kuroko No basuke season 1 , 2 and 3

Prince of Tennis

New Prince of tennis

• 2 months later...

Pingpong the animation.

Eh, I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet.

It was directed by the very talented man Yuasa Masaaki. You wonderful goat. (the man who was responsible behind tatami galaxy.)

Slam dunk

I don't have much to say about this show.

Teaches the audience important morals of society while being very sensitive with it, and teaches the importants of teamwork and friends. Kind of your copy and paste for every stock sport anime out there, but you've got to understand that slam dunk started this trope to begin with.

• 4 months later...

Eyeshield 21 and Haikyuu.

Well haikyuu is more enjoyable in terms of intense matches but eyeshield is better in terms of rivalry stuff, it shows quite accurately what rivalry means to people in sports. (even though I dont really like american football in general I still find eyeshield 21 a great sports anime)

• 1 month later...

Kuroko No Basuke for sure. I loved it so much I plan on rewatching it and then re reading it. :D

I love sports anime and I have seen quite a few. Ippo would be a close second. I also liked slam dunk but I enjoyed reading it more than watching it. I still need to watch Haikyuu which some of you mentioned. I will have to add that to my list.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favourite sports anime are ;

- Kuroko No Basket ( I Love Basketball )

- Slam dunk ( Of course )

- Hajime No Ippo is amazing

I havent watched Haikyuu yet but i am planning to because of everyone saying its amazing :D:D

• 11 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic