what is your opinion about older anime from the 90s and 80s ?

redcomet

im a fan of mecha so i have watched a bunch of older series and the style has never really bothered me i find it interesting to watch older anime just to see how much anime has changed over the years and what was popular during different times

9 hours ago, Frith said:

It’s great! I never need recommendations because there’s always another classic show I haven’t seen. Just started Mobile Suit Gundam by the way :D

try aura battler dunbine, xabungle, or heavy metall l-gaim  those are also by gundams director and have great mecha designs pla-dunbine-01.jpg

6nhD4HR.jpg

lgaim_boxfront.jpg

• Informative 1

I watched it. :)  As now, I liked some and didn't like others.

One thing I have noticed .. the older stuff seemed more variable and - sometimes - more interesting.  The "dynamic range" was greater.  These days it seems like there's fewer really bad amines, but also fewer really good ones.  Just how it seems to me..

I like old anime for a number of reasons, one of which was stated already, that's there's always new classics to find. Beyond that though I like to watch old shows and movies because for a year or two, those were the only ones I had access to, so seeing what I saw back then and seeing what I missed is always fun. I also like to watch them to see what bits of them have translated to modern shows because the things we still see aren't always obvious and it's fun to find things like that. I also just enjoy the atmosphere of older shows and in a lot of ways, despite people not really knowing how to act as well as they do today with anime characters, a lot of the time those characters feel more human. Older anime can be amazing and in a lot of ways humanizing, plus there's something to be said about seeing characters with heroic aspects to them that don't end up acting or looking like Goku in some way or another. There's been too many Goku's out there since DBZ got popular. 

• Agree 1

I personally enjoy it a small much as contemporary anime, it might not be the same style of animations always, but the stories in these older anime are still worth watching and have a lot of value since they influenced modern anime after all.