Thoughts on the God of war reinvention?

SAO LILDOOP

I have played every single God of war game for consoles and I love them s'much. God of war is my favourite game series (non-pvp) ever and I love the classic Blades of chaos, hack'n slash combat, I am however extremely hyped and love the reinvention of the combat and overall gameplay for the upcoming Gow 4 for PS4. I want to know your guys thoughts on the new combat, camera view and overall change to the series as well as the direction they are going with Kratos character.

Kratos used to be so bloodthirsty and crazy, he still retains his brutal personality and the game does not shy away from that, still keeping a variety of epic brutal kills and adding new ones. It does however delve into his softer side, he has changed a lot and is now a father, it really shows us the good side of Kratos and how far he has come after having brutalized the entire Greek Pantheon. Anyway, the Gow community for the most part seems to be divided, lots of people are excited and lots are disappointed saying they want the old gameplay back, what are your thoughts?

The current gaming climate wouldn't support an old God of War game. Remakes and remasters are one thing, but people aren't as into the over the top action God of War as a series provided back in the day. That said, I'm glad this change is happening. I never really played the original games, but I watched them get played and I have to say, this new direction that's being taken is perfect for the current gaming atmosphere. I actually went and pre-ordered this game because I faith that it will be one of the better games of the year, and the more I see it about, the more I believe that. This God of War, is probably going to be the best, and as long as the VGA's don't have a hard-on for Nintendo again this year, it will probably win some pretty important rewards. I trust the game will be spectacular in every way a game like this can be. 

• Agree 1

I wasn't exactly a fan back in the old days but it seems to me that they are taking a page out of the Tomb Raider book.  The Croft series was revitalized with Tomb Raider (and it brought a respectable much needed change to the series as far as Laura's personality is concerned.  I think so anyways).  I imagine this is their way of doing the same with the GoW series.  I think it will turn out nicely and make far more of a personal impact to the audience than any of the previous games did.

I can't see why the GOW community is divided on this game. The integrity of the game is still there, along with the bloodthirsty, head cutting, sex having, Kratos we all know and love. The only difference I see is the story going in a little more deeper. In all the other GOW games it was the same thing, find the god, kill the god, rinse and repeat. We knew the back story, but it was had to keep that in mind when all you did was kill every 30 seconds. This one is different, his son, the story literally travels with you so you know why you're hacking ans slashing. The new GOW is going to be on a another level, not just because of Kratos coming back, because it'll show him in a different light that is bloody. Fatherhood.

• Agree 1