Your favourite sleeping position

Optic

What is your favourite sleeping position?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite sleeping position?

• On my back!
    • On my side!
    • Face down!
    • Rolling onto the floor!

I don't usually sleep, but when I do, its normally when I'm sat down, so I will be seated hunched over to sleep.

Either that, or I fall backwards / forwards and wake up on my face or on my back. Then again, I also roll.

Basicly, everything, but I'm more likely to be seated to sleep xD

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

*resurrects*

I sleep on my side, like most people I think. Except I'll lay on one side, facing say, the left, and I'll be perfectly happy there for a while until I feel a strange urge to turn over. I'll move all the way back around and face my right instead, until I feel the sudden need to absolutely not stay where I am but turn back to the left. It's quite strange :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

An update on my favourite sleeping position!

*sung to the tune of What Is Love*

What is sleep?

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

Nightmares don't haunt me, don't haunt me

No more

What is sleep?

Oh no

I don't know why you're not there

I give you my tired eyes, but you don't come

So what is right, am I lying wrong?

Gimme a sheep

What is sleep?

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

What is sleep?

Nightmares don't haunt me

Don't haunt me

Oh no

Oh, I don't know, what can I do?

What else can I count, the sheep are gone

I know you're elusive, not just me but everyone

I can't go on

What is sleep?

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

What is sleep?

Don't haunt me

Oh no

What is sleep?

What is sleep?

What is sleep?

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

Don't take me

Don't take me

I want no other, no other bed

This is my pillowtop, and cushions

We are apart, I need you now

Is it sleep?

What is sleep?

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

What is sleep?

Don't haunt me

Oh no

Yeah, yeah, (woah-woah-woah, oh, oh)

(Woah-woah-woah, oh, oh)

What is sleep?

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

What is sleep?

Don't haunt me

Oh no

Reaper don't take me

Don't take me

No no

Don't haunt me

Oh no

What is sleep?

[spoiler=for real answer] I still toss and turn as much as ever. I spend most of my time sleeping on my sides, but I will end up on my back quite frequently. I need to hug a pillow while on my side to support my arm, it goes completely numb otherwise

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

When I manage to sleep, rather than just tossing, turning, and keeping @Cy~ awake (sorry about Tuesday night), it tends most often to be on my side, though my positioning changes a lot as I go. With that said, she could probably give me a better idea as to how my sleeping positions end up working out, since she almost always wakes up before me. :D

Erm....I can't sleep at all when I'm facing the ceiling, there's just no comfort at all :V. Sleeping on the side or on my face is the best way to sleep for me. P.S. I sometimes hug the nearest pillow aha.

62baee119a5169316483161dde2f01c2c8dd3162_hq.gif.fd82c80b0f22e19d48d6a18ac1d4112b.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not the best sleeper. Even when I'm knocked out I'm still an active sleeper (I twist and turn a lot)

I guess the easiest way for me to sleep is on a smaller surface (like a twin bed or a sofa) where I can't move around as much and usually then I'll sleep on my side facing the wall or cushion if there is one to face. If I'm stranded in the middle of the room I can't help but flop around. Maybe that's my problem - that I don't like the feeling that I could fall off either side.

• Like 1

I sleep on my side. Both sides. My back too. Catercorner. Upside down. All around.

Basically, every night, I toss and turn like a perpetual motion machine.

I'm a very, very chaotic sleeper.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always slept on my side all snuggled up but it started to make my back hurt so I tried sleeping on my back, I always end up on my side though

• Like 1

I've always slept on my side all snuggled up but it started to make my back hurt so I tried sleeping on my back, I always end up on my side though

... this is actually a shockingly accurate description of my own sleeping habits, more so than I could probably have described myself. :?

• Friendly 1

I typically sleep on my side, and usually if that doesn't work, I won't be able to go to sleep at all :P

SAME!

Once when I couldn't sleep I tossed and turned and my bed scooted away from the wall just enough to let me fit I fell down in between the wall and bed I was drowsy from trying to sleep and confused but I tried to push the bed back but it wouldn't budge so I ended up sleeping there somehow after an hour....

I am usually a side sleeper, though I tend to sleep on my back sometimes. One thing that always stays constant is my husband curled and entangled up next to me.

I mostly like to sleep on my back. IDK why. Probably because when I was younger I was afraid of ghosts so I slept on my back and it's become a habit of mine now. But I also love to sleep on my side. It's so comfortable.

sleepinggirl.jpg.e9930eb701fa369cf06969f35e52f8a3.jpg