What was the first anime you ever watched?

Dekumyhero

The first anime I ever saw from start to finish was Fruits Basket, after that I was completely hooked :)

I guess I technically saw a few episodes of Speed Racer if you want to count that...

But anyway, I'm curious as to what all of yours were? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dekumyhero said:

The first anime I ever saw from start to finish was Fruits Basket, after that I was completely hooked :)

I guess I technically saw a few episodes of Speed Racer if you want to count that...

But anyway, I'm curious as to what all of yours were? 

Hi hi! First time on this site, my first anime was Rosario Vampire lol

• Like 1

For me, it was more than likely Voltron. The original 1984 version. I didn't care much for it (liked the theme song, though...so epic), but my older cousin loved it and was a huge fan. He even had a big Voltron poster in his room. He had five years on me, so I was no match for him when it came to the television so fighting against him was pointless. lol

Edited by ssjup81
  • Like 2

I think the first real Japanese anime I can for-sure remember seeing at least parts of was Tranzor Z, which was the Americanized version of Mazinger Z.  Might have been others before that, but I can't remember details or names.  (I was maybe 10yo at the time.)  I didn't see all of Tranzor though.  I only found it because it was on at around the same time as Space Angel, another (non-Japanese) animated show I was interested in at the time.  The first anime I remember watching all the way through with any real interest was Star Blazers. (Americanized Uchū Senkan Yamato, or Space Battleship Yamato.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 3

First anime I ever watched was Bleach. The first animation I watched that led to said viewing was Robotech, which since it wasn't really Japanese can't be considered an Anime though it was inspired (or ripped off depending how one views this) by the Macross series which was a Japanese anime. Since then however I've been a mech-head for life. 

• Like 1

For me it was Doraemon, which I watched for a very long time, the second watched was the Pokémon one and dragon ball Z as well.

• Like 2

My old room mate told me that I should check out anime and give Soul Eater a chance. So one day I decided to watch and decided to continue on watching it. I ended up loving the series and wanted to watch more anime that seemed interesting to me. Death The Kid made me laugh during the whole series. :)

• Like 2

Does Pokemon count? Other than that, I'd probably have to say Inuyasha to be honest. I remember staying up late one night when my cousin came to visit and I saw it playing on adult swim. This was before I started seeing Toonami. I've never watched the whole thing yet though, maybe in the future.

• Like 1