What are your plans for the year?

tj586

Hey guys and gals, I'm new here and haven't gotten the hang of the site yet, it'd be great if not only you'd answer the question but also stick around to see what others are up too, let's all come together and make it a wonderful mess!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. Nice question there. For me, I have no real plans, but I am planning on moving back home to the US at the end of April. I guess my plan is finding a new job once I move back home and plan to visit Japan next year.

• Like 2

@tj586 Welcome to the forums 

( ◠‿◠ ) To answer the question, my plan isn't that big, just another year. However to avoid saying nothing I'll say that I'm saving money for a videogame console, practicing drawings, making my own RPG, and just survive all of it. No more for now.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy it here and my plans for the remaining year are to graduate from Uni and find a job I'll enjoy going to and trying to gain some weight and go out more 

• Like 1

My plan for this year is to work on myself more to improve myself physically ( health wise ) and mentally to better myself as a person. I guess like a personal journey of sorts, so far its going wonderfully and I'm learning to be a bit more open around others and trying new things.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ssjup81 said:

Welcome to the forum. Nice question there. For me, I have no real plans, but I am planning on moving back home to the US at the end of April. I guess my plan is finding a new job once I move back home and plan to visit Japan next year.

Uwaaah~ you were living in Japan? What was it like? I myself was living in the US but had to move back to PR due to a leg fracture.

9 hours ago, Roxeg said:

@tj586 Welcome to the forums 

( ◠‿◠ ) To answer the question, my plan isn't that big, just another year. However to avoid saying nothing I'll say that I'm saving money for a videogame console, practicing drawings, making my own RPG, and just survive all of it. No more for now.

Good plan! Im just waiting to be able to get my hands on an Omen laptop, since I have no room for a desktop and start Uni soon hehe

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy it here and my plans for the remaining year are to graduate from Uni and find a job I'll enjoy going to and trying to gain some weight and go out more 

same on all these, but im starting Uni instead, a bit late but oh well 

5 hours ago, Athena said:

My plan for this year is to work on myself more to improve myself physically ( health wise ) and mentally to better myself as a person. I guess like a personal journey of sorts, so far its going wonderfully and I'm learning to be a bit more open around others and trying new things.   

Thats great! Hope it just keeps getting better :D 

10 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I have a lot of goals, don't even know where to begin. Maybe some of them aren't realistically achievable in a year's time. And some of them don't have a clear point at which I'd consider them achieved. But I'll say most of them have to do with bettering my mental state. Just trying to redeem myself in my own eyes. 

On the other hand, my short term goals are even less clear. I'm scarce about making plans. I think I just keep it simple while grinding out the things I really want. 

Sorry for being vague. 

That’s fine its a big question :P I myself dont know what I’ll be doing aside from healing both mentally and psysichally lol 

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Possibly do ncs. Or try to live in the wild for one week. Which will disconnect me from the world for a week. I already have experience for few days, now I want to try it for a week. And one last thing to find a girl that would be bothered to do all that w me. 

Edited by Part_time_anime

Year??  If I survive the next couple months I'll be happy.  I've got jury duty this week, taxes next week, and two launches coming up at work - one the week after taxes (TESS) on the 16th(?) of April, and the other (InSight) 25 days after that in May - with 2 or three rehearsals/tests a week for each.  We've also got Hayabusa-2's launch coming up in June.  Fortunately Chandryaan-2 has been postponed until October... just about the same time OSIRIS-REx ramps up activity to start its survey of Bennu.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've even been neglecting my kerbals.  :(  (Yes, there is such a thing as too much space, even for me.)

So we can get real on the forum too. I like it.

I'm going to finish up the semester with all my classes passed and tuition payed for. Then I'm going to head down to West Virginia to spend time with my girl and her family at their family reunion. Gonna be my first time meeting the entire family, so you can say I'm nervous but that would be an understatement. LOL

Once the summer is done I'm heading back to school to make a future for me and mind. #bestmofoalive

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 3:34 AM, tj586 said:

Uwaaah~ you were living in Japan? What was it like? I myself was living in the US but had to move back to PR due to a leg fracture.

This is a difficult question to answer these days since I've lived here for so long (2010 - 2011, left for almost a year, then came back in 2012 and have been here ever since)...not always in Tokyo, though. I used to live up north in the Tohoku region. I actually prefer it up there (friendlier people)...but up there, especially with the last job I had there, I had to drive and I hated that (not big on driving in general) because of the darn test to get the license. For those from the US, you can't translate your license over like other countries, like say Canada. You have to sit the test. I, apparently, lived in one of the areas where it's most difficult for foreigners to pass the test and every time you took it, you had to pay about $20. I'd been driving at least 11 or 12 years prior to that stateside and had a clean driving record, so it frustrating with some of the stupid reasons they would give to fail me, like "being too cautious" or "signaling too soon" before changing lanes. Ugh...9 freakin' times!

Other than that, I guess living here was okay. I did meet some nice people while here, both Japanese and people who aren't from Japan. I do like how the country is made for walking around and stuff.  I guess for me, personally, Japan is definitely a country that's better to visit than to live in, unless you have a job that pays a lot, but also gives you a lot of time off (paid) and don't have to worry about medical stuff.  The main reason I'm leaving the job I had isn't because of them, but it's just too expensive for me here at this point. I can't truly enjoy myself or explore as much as I would like due to finances and it's mainly because I'm diabetic and take insulin. Despite having insurance, it's a bit expensive once factoring other costs of living. Up north I had an easier time (more money, but less time...here, the opposite more time, less money), but the doctors are better down here with more job opportunities.

Sorry for rambling, but I guess to honestly answer your question, you'd have to ask something a bit more specific. ^^;

Edited by ssjup81