Jump to content
anime4eva

What anime/s really resonate/resonated with you?

Recommended Posts

Is there an anime that really struck a chord with you and left a profound impact on you as a person? 

For me I would say Cowboy Bebop because I really see myself in Spike, and whatever you wanna call it, but his "whatever happens, happens" mentality has really helped me let go off things (occasionally, I'm still working on it lol) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eva. It helped me to realize that my worldview, at that time a religious one which had been basically given to me by my parents, was just a drop in the bucket, and that I could always make sense of all the seemingly crazy stuff that happens in the world through a simple change in perspective.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naruto. I was still a kid when i started watching it but it stuck with me till now. Its perfect. I understood not to underastimate people and dream big! Oh and it introduced me to one of my life passions YAOI!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J4sm1n4 said:

Naruto. I was still a kid when i started watching it but it stuck with me till now. Its perfect. I understood not to underastimate people and dream big! Oh and it introduced me to one of my life passions YAOI!

Def, Dream big!

16 hours ago, Frith said:

Eva. It helped me to realize that my worldview, at that time a religious one which had been basically given to me by my parents, was just a drop in the bucket, and that I could always make sense of all the seemingly crazy stuff that happens in the world through a simple change in perspective.   

Wow thats very cool. Also, you have the best username ever lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched this about a week ago, but A Silent Voice has given me a completely different view of other people's emotions. The characters are well developed, there's a well thought out storyline, and it made me think about reconnecting with some of my old friends that I haven't talked to in years. It made me see other people's emotions more clearly and relate to people better (I am an extremely introverted otaku)

I would recommend it to everyone on this site.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the sports anime inspires me to never give up. if i get low spirited or lost the will, i'll just watch Major or capeta. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KiroCookie said:

I just watched this about a week ago, but A Silent Voice has given me a completely different view of other people's emotions. The characters are well developed, there's a well thought out storyline, and it made me think about reconnecting with some of my old friends that I haven't talked to in years. It made me see other people's emotions more clearly and relate to people better (I am an extremely introverted otaku)

I would recommend it to everyone on this site.

Wow that sound phenomenal I will def check it out soon! And I'm glad it helped you out!

20 hours ago, K.p said:

Most of the sports anime inspires me to never give up. if i get low spirited or lost the will, i'll just watch Major or capeta. 

 

AS I've gotten older, its clear that we all need constant motivation pursue the things we want to achieve. I may have to check out some sports anime myself! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mostly anime is entertainment for me so I don't get too heavily invested in any of it.  (Hmm.. should I be saying that on an anime site?  Ò,ó )  That said, I did kind of identify with the living-with-crazy-geniuses thread(s) in Pet Girl of Sakurasou.  I've had the good fortune of working with groups of crazy-talented people in my own career.  It is hard, often daunting work just dealing with the personalities sometimes.  It is tough to avoid screwing yourself up mentally by trying to measure up to their examples.  It takes a lot of effort just to keep up with a group like that, never mind feel like you're making a useful contribution of your own to the project.  A lot of times it looks like things can't possibly work out, and you have to somehow not give up.  Sometimes things don't work out, and you have to get yourself through those times.  But at the end of the day, when it all comes together in an amazing way it is extremely rewarding too.  I think Sakurasou caught some of that pretty well, especially the first season and the Nyanboron thing at the school festival.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×