Scanner

Greeneyes

Hey so I want to buy a scanner to be able to scan my pictures into pc so I was wondering if some of you could recommend me good scanner on the cheaper side preferably under $75..

I've used Cannon Pixma on the low end side and Brother for the high end, both of them All-in-one's. Cancon if your looking for just a standard flatbed scanner. Mind you not going to get the best DPI/Res (2400 x 4800) but they work for small scale budget projects. You can step up for a little over $75 and get an Epson V39 with 4800 x 4800 DPI which is a little better.  I stay away from HP (too many problems with drivers and software) and while I used Lexmark for a long time I've had problems with their printheads in certain models that made me move away from them as well.  Anyway, quite a few cheap options, I'd just check out google or amazon. HIH

Cheers. 

• Useful 1

• 4 years later...
11 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

My current scanner is Brother MFD* which acts as both a scanner and a laser printer. It can also send and receive faxes, but I've never used that feature.

I've also got a Brother MFD.  Mine's a MFC-9840CDW.   Had it since 2009(ish?)  Still working well.  The scanner part has a scan-to-network feature so scans automatically appear in a folder on my Synology NAS.  I've used the FAX part extensively too.  The only thing about the printer that I have issues with is that it takes forever to wake up on the first print of the day.  I have much the same issue however so I can't be too critical of that.  :D 

I like it.  I hope it never breaks since replacing it would be extremely expensive these days.

8 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I've also got a Brother MFD.  Mine's a MFC-9840CDW.   Had it since 2009(ish?)  Still working well.  The scanner part has a scan-to-network feature so scans automatically appear in a folder on my Synology NAS.  I've used the FAX part extensively too.  The only thing about the printer that I have issues with is that it takes forever to wake up on the first print of the day.  I have much the same issue however so I can't be too critical of that.  :D 

I like it.  I hope it never breaks since replacing it would be extremely expensive these days.

Mine's an MFC-L2700DN and excellent piece of kit, like yours it's got a network port so it's attached to my router so all my PCs can access it. It wasn't that expensive to buy and is cheap to run. For any colour printing I've got a Canon iP7250 inkjet which only has USB, my router has a USB port and the it's instruction book says I can connect a USB printed to it, but despite several attempts the PCs won't recognise the Canon when it's connected to the router. It's not a big issue though because I rarely need to print in colour.

1 hour ago, animechat said:

I even not even recommend  cannon i has to many problems with then.

My canon is quite good. The printers I've really had problems with are HP, my father and I both had HP printers at one time and we found they had this annoying habit of uninstalling their driver software at regular intervals. 😡

On 3/7/2023 at 12:12 AM, Animedragon said:

My canon is quite good. The printers I've really had problems with are HP, my father and I both had HP printers at one time and we found they had this annoying habit of uninstalling their driver software at regular intervals. 😡

I has problem with older ones.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, animechat said:

I got printer working ,but still has no idea how to got scanner working. 

Sometimes setting up peripherals, especially scanners, can tax the skills of even the most experienced IT support people.