Starting up a VR Group

Beocat

Hey everyone! So, last year I bought my first VR platform and had lots of fun playing games on it. However, some VR games are multiplayer and the community out there has a tendency to be drunk, high, or in some other way not fun to play these games with. Does anyone else want to exchange screen names, games, and platforms? A good number of these games are cross-platform so maybe we could meet up for some online fun.

• Like 1

I'm interested, though I wasn't planning on getting any hardware until next year when the popular 3D engines get multi-threading and threadripper gets some real-world exposure.  I might do something experimental on my current system before that however. I've got an rx480 gpu and an 8-core/4gz CPU in there now so that isn't a total pipe dream, but the MB is an older one running ddr3 and I'm not sure if that'll be an issue.  It probably wouldn't take much to convince me to advance my test/upgrade schedule if you have something specific in mind though. :) 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, efaardvark said:

I'm interested, though I wasn't planning on getting any hardware until next year when the popular 3D engines get multi-threading and threadripper gets some real-world exposure.  I might do something experimental on my current system before that however. I've got an rx480 gpu and an 8-core/4gz CPU in there now so that isn't a total pipe dream, but the MB is an older one running ddr3 and I'm not sure if that'll be an issue.  It probably wouldn't take much to convince me to advance my test/upgrade schedule if you have something specific in mind though. :) 

Nothing really specific right now.  Just putting the feelers out.  I've got the PS VR headset which is pretty good (I know if I went PC I could do better but I wasn't looking into putting too much money into it at first) and only a few games at the moment.  Still, when I play games on them now, I'm basically just flipping coins as to whether I get matched with good partners or not.  It has kind of driven me more towards the single player games, although I enjoy some of the MP games.