Yu Yu Hakusho

Stein's Gate

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai Champloo

Death Note

Code Geass

Gurren Lagann

Kill la Kill

(My sincere apologies to the anime that were left off the list :)  )

• anime4eva changed the title to What's Your Top 10 Anime!

You know, I was trying to think...but for me, this is difficult. For a series to be a favorite for me, it has to have some kind of rewatch value...meaning, I can rewatch the entire series at most any time and not get sick of it.  Unfortunately, a lot of shows don't do that for me. It's more like certain episodes I can revisit, not the series as a whole...so coming up with 10 is difficult for me, but here goes... ^^  

Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)
Gunsmith Cats
Lupin III (1971 version)
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing
Bannou Bunka Neko-Musume DASH!
Hunter x Hunter (1999 version)
Noir

Other shows that would've made this kind of list years ago, wouldn't now due to the fact that they no longer hold my interest...like the various Tenchi Muyo series or .hack//SIGN for instance. Certain eps I can rewatch, and that also goes for series like Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball/DBZ/DBGT.

Lets do this....

Death Note, at number one. I like the darkness and the Light. Pun intended. 

Toriko, at number two. The food they made was only as good as their fight scenes.

Case Closed, at number three. Must have seen four hundred or so episodes; only solved about  a dozen. Freaking mystery's are hard. lol

Attack on Titan, for four. Season one ended pretty dumb to me, but season two more than made up for it.

HunterXHunter, Five. ACTION PACKED!!!

Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple, numerao seis. Funny and has some nice action. Manga was a little better though.

Eureka Seven, hello seven. Short lived but was so awesome.

Samurai Champloo, for number eight. Another short lived anime, ending in the best possible way...... I still want more.

Btooom!, goes for nine. I enjoyed this helping heap of action/ecchi combination. Story wasn't half bad either.

High School of The Dead, lastly at ten. This anime was enjoyable and I want more everyday. That and zombies.

6 hours ago, King_Sama said:

Case Closed, at number three. Must have seen four hundred or so episodes; only solved about  a dozen. Freaking mystery's are hard. lol

HunterXHunter, Five. ACTION PACKED!!!

Now a few years ago, Detective Conan would've made my list, but I got bored of the anime about 600-something eps in. I just dropped it. The only thing anime related I keep up with for this series are the movies now and looking forward to April 13 for this year's film. Can't wait to buy my ticket. I do still keep up with its manga, though. That hasn't lost me yet and I don't think it ever will.

Also, for Hunter x Hunter, which one? The original series or the 2011 series?

22 hours ago, ssjup81 said:

Now a few years ago, Detective Conan would've made my list, but I got bored of the anime about 600-something eps in. I just dropped it. The only thing anime related I keep up with for this series are the movies now and looking forward to April 13 for this year's film. Can't wait to buy my ticket. I do still keep up with its manga, though. That hasn't lost me yet and I don't think it ever will.

Also, for Hunter x Hunter, which one? The original series or the 2011 series?

I get why some people would drop it. At some point you get bored with the same murders happening over and over again. For me though, I can't get enough. I love trying to solve the cases even though I always figure out the who and why, just never the how. The movies are so much more interesting then the show for some reason. I don't know why.

When it comes to HUNTERxHUNTER, I like both. The 2011 series has the same flavor as the original. I only use to read the manga, because the anime was gone for so long, now I prefer watching the anime.

1 hour ago, King_Sama said:

I get why some people would drop it. At some point you get bored with the same murders happening over and over again. For me though, I can't get enough. I love trying to solve the cases even though I always figure out the who and why, just never the how. The movies are so much more interesting then the show for some reason. I don't know why.

When it comes to HUNTERxHUNTER, I like both. The 2011 series has the same flavor as the original. I only use to read the manga, because the anime was gone for so long, now I prefer watching the anime.

Yeah, I guess for the anime I got sick of seeing it over and over again, but like I said, I'm still into its manga for the reasons you said regarding the anime. It's taken 1000 years, but Shinichi

and Ran are finally a couple

.  I tend to also figure out the who, not the why and how. The why usually fully comes out after the culprit is identified anyway. I've seen all the movies except for 16 and 17, I think. The upcoming film will be my last DC movie watched in theaters in Japan, though since I'm moving back to the US in about three weeks.

As for Hunter x Hunter, it's nice to hear that someone likes the original too. I saw one of the HxH movies in theater here, but forgot which one. I kinda liked the music of the 1999 version and the art style a bit more. The 2011 version was too bright and...modern (maybe) for me, I guess... 

Top of the list is the best ones

1) Fairy tail

2) Bleach

3)naruto all of them except from boruto 

4)attack on titans

5)code geass 

6)Tokyo ghoul

7)gurren laggan

8) D-gray man

9) Dragon ball all of them

10) Death note

• 4 weeks later...

(In No Particular Order)

Wolf's Rain

Soul Eater

Space Dandy

Ouran High School Host Club 

Ghost In The Shell

Attack On Titan

Claymore

Black Lagoon

Chobits

Akira

I am fairly new to anime but I would say that my top 10 so far are...

1) Orange - cause it was my first ,therefore holds a special place in my heart 😁

2) Bleach - haven’t finished watching it yet but am obsessed ..orihime is my fav ☀️

3) Noragami - all the characters are likeable and have a story to tell 

4) Blue Exorcist- gripping story lines that keep you entertained

5) ReLife - sweet tale , with lots for funny quips 

6)Beezlebub - first anime I watch that wasn’t dubbed and enjoyed it just the same 👍

7) Death  note - I feel like you have to watch this once you start the anime train 

8 Tokyo Goul - Just epic in every way 

9) Erased - not very long but worth the watch. 

10) A silent Voice and Your Name - movie anime that I watched around the same time with a friend there just adorable

• Like 1

In no particular order whatsoever: 

1. The Seven Deadly Sins
  2. sword art online 
  3. Death Note
  4. Highschool of the dead 
  5. Attack on titan
  6. HIGH SCHOOL DXD
  7. To Love Ru 
  8. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
  9. ultimate otaku teacher             
  10. Erased 

• 1 month later...

If I could narrow it down to ten, it would most likely look like this: 

1. Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Pretty much one of the best anime series ever written and a monumental work of military science fiction in its own right. The way that it juggles so many different perspectives over a long stretch of episodes in order to create a truly expansive story along with its grittier art style (more a product of its time but it's great nonetheless) that makes it a breath of fresh air when compared to the trends appearing in a lot of anime throughout this decade. 

2. Baccano - The nonlinear storytelling, characterization, setting and the overall execution of Baccano are what make it a long-lasting favorite of mine. The way many of its differing plots gradually lock together into a single story is an immense accomplishment and its fantastic art direction and narrative direction make it a standout release. 

3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - It's kind of a shame that this one doesn't get as much attention as it should considering that it's one of the best anime to see as far as science fiction goes. It manages to find a happy medium between the narrative and philosophical focuses of the 1995 film and the intensive worldbuilding of the manga in order to truly use both aspects to build an evocative and impactful image of a future where AI, cybernetics and transhumanist ideas are not only immensely developed but also a part of common life. Sure, it's not exactly a breezy watch in the vein of K-On but anime such as Stand Alone Complex are in short supply and the enduring quality of this show in virtually all aspects of the medium communicate its relevance today. A modern classic in the genre. 

4. Paranoia Agent - It's Satoshi Kon, what do you expect? 

5. Cowboy Bebop - Shinichiro Watanbe's best which is saying something how much I generally enjoy the body of work he has been a part of.  Iconic for all the right reasons. A stylish endeavor that still manages to infuse a lot of substance within its more episodic format. 

6. Berserk (1997) - While this sadly is not a complete adaptation of the series, this show's adaptation and portrayal of the Golden Age arc is pitch perfect despite some animation drawbacks that are largely mitigated by some incredible direction and a good outing from both voice casts. Really, I didn't have much of a problem with either the Japanese or English dubs and found myself surprised at how well-cast and fitting many of the English voices actually were. I'd recommend this as much as I'd recommend that manga to someone. An excellent way to wet one's appetite for what is to come later on in Kentaro Miura's dark fantasy epic. 

7. Monster - A transfixing and chilling exploration into the psychology of the sociopath that takes a more grounded approach to the concept of evil, making this one of the best stories in the medium. It's not for the faint of heart but it is an incredible show nonetheless. 

8. Trigun - While this doesn't adapt the manga to a tee, the way this show went about telling a story with these characters made this one of my favorite anime of all time. 

9. Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - One of the best things to ever come from the mecha genre and a recurring favorite of mine in the MSG franchise. It was a pain to pick this one when there are series that come close like Zeta Gundam, Gundam Unicorn and Char's Counterattack but this was ultimately what I settled on. 

10. Mushishi - One of the most beautiful anime I've ever seen, both artistically and narratively. 

This doesn't even scratch the surface of anime I'd consider superlative but that's my current top 10.