Girls Und Panzer

Estatia

Ok........... Well...... I just watched 3 Eps. and........ I can't put this a good way, ITS REALLY WEIRD... Anyone else kinda think that?

Like "Boys in tanks, thats backwords" REALLY THEY SAID THIS IN THE ANIME LIKE WTF

YOU DRIVE TANKS ON A SHIP & SHOOT LIVE AMMO ROUNDS AT EACH OTHER FOR FUN?!?!?

YOU DRIVE WITHIN HIGH-FIVING DISTANCE OF OTHER PEOPLE BEING SHOT AT WTF?!?!?!?! 

So yeah just wanted to voice my opinion like how is this logical at all? I mean to get a full anime adaptation you think the anime has to at least make a slight amount o sense.... I mean the MC talks about not wanting to do tankery so bad and bam 30 seconds of confrontation with someone who wants her to shes like ok ill do it....This anime isn't just weird is down right backwards...

• Agree 1

:D

I had the same reaction.  I enjoyed the anime, but... weird.  I must have muttered variations of, "this is nuts" at least a couple times per episode.  I loved the, ah, reimagining of the various nationalities, and the reenactment(?) of the various historic battles.  Somebody did some homework, then .. went off on a tangent.  Genius or madness?  Hard to say.  :)   I think my favorite bit was the little white flags, and the little "pop" noise they made.

Edited by efaardvark

20 minutes ago, seemore_bhutts said:

Listen here. Girls und Panzer is great damnit.

I really enjoy the stereotyping of the nationalities, especially in the film! xD

I'm not done with the series and I'm not saying its bad but it was like taking a bite of watermelon and tasting mayonnaise with the texture of peanut butter....

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I hate to say it...but what were you expecting? From the trailers you could tell it was going to be taking some extreme suspension of disbelief to really enjoy. There are a few other shows with similar themes that I constantly question (like that girl academy battleship anime...from the trailers I know I'd be having the same problems you are having now)..  I think for the creator it was more a tanks are cool and girls are cute...make an anime with both to sell move...

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

I hate to say it...but what were you expecting? From the trailers you could tell it was going to be taking some extreme suspension of disbelief to really enjoy. There are a few other shows with similar themes that I constantly question (like that girl academy battleship anime...from the trailers I know I'd be having the same problems you are having now)..  I think for the creator it was more a tanks are cool and girls are cute...make an anime with both to sell move...

I don't expect because I don't watch trailers but I guess that would be a better idea for getting into anime.... 

1 minute ago, Estatia said:

I don't expect because I don't watch trailers but I guess that would be a better idea for getting into anime.... 

I suggest watching the trailers provided on your favorite anime discs. Usually they are on the last disc with the fewest episodes. Sometimes it will show similar anime (sometimes I think they pick some of them to try to sell them due to lack of interest, hence several of my own showing your panzer anime). If you are streaming, oftentimes you can view the trailer prior to watching it (like a preview). I watch a lot of trailers. It helps weed out a lot of questionable anime and has gotten me to look into some unknown ones as well.

discs ??? there isn't many shops here that sell much anime so I don't have much on disc and around half of what I do have is ex rental before that type of outlet stopped existing 

I do do searches on anima like what ive just watched and enjoyed tho , but ive seen girls und panzers and with its weirdness enjoyed it

it was on of heaps ive watched when I went thru a stage to check out other genres of anime where I took the alphabetical and went to a letter (going to each letter) and just picked them by name random , and girls und panzers was one of these pics , when I saw it yes I went "weird name recon I might give it a try" and ended up watching it all ~ but there have been a few like this as much as ive enjoyed the animes they have turned out like weird

still (to me) better than half the (c grade useless acting) hollywood movies churned out these days and as long as I'm finding entertainment in watching them I don't read to deep in to the weirdness