Should I watch One Piece?

Greeneyes

So I want to know some things first:

Have you or are you watching One Piece?

Do you like it?

Should I watch it?

I am kind of on the edge but over like 700 Eps. I want to know if its worth it, like naruto you had to have patients to get into the good stuff or bleach...

• Like 1

In order...

Yes.

Yes.

That depends. I've been watching it for a pretty long time now and I love it, but it can be a bit repatative. Every Arc pretty much starts out the same. New place, big baddy and his crew, each Straw member fights a person on that crew. There are little differences here and there, but I think that's what keeps me coming back. After awhile you start to enjoy the character progression that each Straw Hat brings to the crew, making each one of them vital to the shows progression. Anyway, this is just me. I think the show is awesome and I'm going to watch it until the very last episode.

• Agree 1

I personally cannot stand One Piece. It's more than clear that it's doing everything Bleach did that got it cancelled, but it's getting away with it. It takes about 100 episodes just to get all it's characters introduced, back stories done, and finally try to move to forward, only to take steps backward with stupid amounts of filler episodes. Also, I can't help but feel like the more recent episodes and the manga as well, are just trying to see how crazy they can get before people finally say enough is enough. I feel like any passion for the show has long since been left behind, because 21 years of working on it's manga, and 19 years of working on the show has drained people who have been a part of it for too long. A lot of people don't see what I see, but a lot of people also take a look at everything through biased eyes, where as I try to look at the show subjectively, and with that in mind, I cannot recommend it to anyone.  

@Greeneyes-san, here are my answers according to the order of your questions.

1. I was watching One Piece, and I got up to 100 episodes. But I had to drop it since my exams are basically in 15 days and it's a miracle I'm typing this reply right here and now.
  2. Yeah, it is pretty cool.
  3. The beginning may seem boring, with the pirate stuff and all, but when you force yourself to watch the first ten episodes or so, you start to like it. If you're patient enough to watch boring pirate-ish stuff for about 240 minutes, I'll highly recommend it for you. If not, well, have you tried Himouto! Umaru-chan or K-On yet? Both are awesome, and I'd highly recommend those if you enjoy comedy anime.

Edit: Oh wait, I just realized that you're done watching about 700 episodes. Oops, my bad!

Edited by AniMeFReaK

This is a good question. One Piece is an amazing anime since it's an adventure anime with humor added to it. I am having second thoughts though because the anime is soooo long and I find it hard to catch up with animes. Not to mention that I might get bored with watching a long anime despite of how the anime develops.

• 2 weeks later...

i reading manga even if is stalled  while  not finish noir
yes is only mainstram anime never bored me.
depend on you. Oda declared to a old interview wants peaple growp up with his characters,  so you couldn't enjoy like old fan, i cons you  the manga cuz anime after enies lobby  start be a mountain of fancervice (I dont say in manga dosent exist but if manga take 1 baloon in anime take 2- 3  min expecially time skip arc)  and many scene have been censored.For the last but not for importance : filler filler are not like bleach (you can skip bount arc remember?) here in one piece many episode are half canon and half filler so you must watch even if you know is trash.For the last my personal opinionone piece  is the only (mainsteram) anime when "secondary" and many times "tertiary" pg return to important role, for example in ep 4 appear buggy, luffy defeat he but in Impel down arc have imporant role this is just an example, happen multiple times, and one piece i only one i pref secondary character to main. 

Edited by Misari

1.) Tried watching it 2 or 3 times.

2.) I watched the first season half way through before giving up on the series entirely. It's not because of how long One Piece has ran because I've watched anime like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach. It was more so because I found the series boring and I couldn't handle how slow it started. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

3.) If you like anime that starts off super slow and since you don't mind the length of the series then give it a go. However if it bugs the heck out of you when watching slow starting anime then just don't bother, lol.

@Greeneyes Well I haven't watched it that long but, I am going to though.. 

Everyone I know recommends it. Its a legendary anime and its quite fun to watch even though I liked Naruto better. Naruto was a tragedy legendary anime and one piece is a comedy legendary more like. At the very end, it depends on oneself, you should watch it if you want to. (^_-)

• 2 weeks later...

The lady of the house wanted me to watch it with her, but I started reading the manga. Sometimes I like to hear the original voices if the show is based off a manga.

I'm more into novels myself.

Some people have the power to get the enjoyment from visual, voice, or text. Sometimes when you take one out of the equation and project it in other ways opens new windows into the enjoyment. She is willing to watch all if it.