Wrestlemania - Any fans?

Sonic Whammy

I have mixed feelings about this Wrestlemania, because I haven't heard anyone say it, but I've been thinking it for a while, but this year is more stacked than any show previous. It's like Vince looked at all the wrestlers and said "you get a triple threat, and you get a fatal four way, and you get a battle royal, and YOU get a battle royal and..." I mean there are four confirmed singles matches regarding the Women's titles and WWE title and Universal title, and it still feels like too much is going on. Also, the lack of a theme for the show of shows this year kind of makes me feel like Vince doesn't have the greatest amount of faith in it. 

I watched it this year. This was the first time in five years I was able to watch it in real time since I'm currently not working and still preparing to move home.

This year's Wrestlemania had its moments. It was okay. I really liked the mix tag-team match. I really liked Ronda, even though she was underselling her arm bar move. You could tell, but it's understandable since she did transition over from UFC.

I really liked the IC Title match between Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, and the Miz, but that's mainly due to the fact that Finn Balor and Seth Rollins are really GOOD in the ring. I love matches that include those two. I was expecting Finn to win it, though as opposed to Seth, but I'm cool with it.

Asuka vs Charlotte was good too...but shocked they let Charlotte win...kinda. She is Ric Flair's daughter after all. I wish it would've been a pin and not a submission move to get Asuka to tap out. I want to know what they're going to do with Asuka now.

Nia vs Alexa was nice too. I was glad she beat up Mickie James (even though I have a slight bias towards her going back years being from the same town as me) to prevent her from helping out in anyway to Alexa. The only thing I was having a problem with was the fact that Mickie was apart of this bullying angle to begin with. It's stupid that someone who was subjected to the whole "Piggy James" thing would be into this angle.

Braun Strowman vs the Bar.  Yeah, that was stupid.  Funny, but stupid.

Whiny baby vs Undertaker. I was one of those who didn't want this match. Cena was annoying all month leading up to this.  I will admit, when his music hit and all that, the nostalgia feels did come back, and despite its pointlessness, I like how he squashed that crybaby.

Everything was...okay, I guess. Main event. I hated the fact Lesner retained, but at the same time, I kinda get why they probably did it. They're still trying toget Reigns over. I personally have nothing against him and like him fine. I hate the fact people boo him for something he has no control over.  Lesner on the other hand, I do dislike, and I don't mean his character. I dislike HIM.  So yeah.  It was...a whatever type Wrestlemania.  Still not as good as X7...but my bias is showing. That was my first Wrestlemania. ^^

Really like it, its fun and funny to watch and always good for entertainment. My fave wrestlers ever are John Cena, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan and Seth Rollins.

• 4 weeks later...

I've found that there's an odd connection between wrestling and anime from a non-fans perspective. I notice that both get similar reactions because of the former being "fake" or "violent" and the latter being "cartoons", and both get the "why are you watching that at your age" question. People have to understand that just like anything else that we watch on TV, it's a scripted, storyline show. So we watch, we follow, and we hope the story goes in the direction we want it to.

Of course, often times, we either get it totally wrong, as my team proved when we tried to predict this year's Wrestlemania matches, or we see the people who write these shows pull out such ridiculous story ideas that make you want to bang your head against the wall. But, again, just like any other show you watch. This one just has people throwing each other around in the process.