Tokyo Ghoul:re - Episode Discussion

Part_time_anime

What are your opinions after watching the first episode of Tokyo ghoul season 3.

For me after watching the first episode and after looking at the poster I feel like it’s going to be a dead season. This is because it looks like the season is going to be around the guy Hasake. I don’t want to see him because the way he acts i don’t know how to explain it he’s so dead. Watching kaneki evolve was the interesting part of the anime. I like how kaneki acts now he’s stuck inside hasake that has ruined it for me the most. 

Edited by Part_time_anime
  • Like 1

Haven't watched S3 it yet, but super hyped. I'm a fan of the first 2 seasons and was happy when the announced the third season, which I feel took them long enough to do. However when I get done re-watching the first two seasons again and watch S3, I'll hit this thread and let you know for sure but I'm going to go ahead and preempt that by making a prediction now:

IT WAS AWESOME! 

(y)-Kuro

• Like 2

seeing theres another thread in these forums on the same ill just cut n past my comment here too

Tokyo Ghoul:re

I was hyped too and really enjoyed the others but so far feel its been underwhelming that its not keeping my attention and I'm doing other things like being on here , so so far ive only watched a little over half 

but I did like the silence of the lambs take at half way interview scene with incarcerated ghoul donato porpora (aka to me dr hannibal lecter) and tooru (being donato"s clarice)

I did finish the episode and the final few minutes to me were the more interesting and I would keep watching the series anyways

• Like 2

I've been waiting for this season for so long, I forgot to watched the finale for season 2. Lol, well, I barely remember anything at this point so I guess it would make sense to go back a little. I'm looking forward to it though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Tokyo ghoul season 3 is Tokyo Ghoul: re, is it not? I preferred the ghoul side of things such as Aogiri tree and Kaneki. I liked the Aogiri tree side because it was a lot more thought-provoking what with all the gore and Kaneki wanting to become stronger. I can't wait until they make another season focusing on Aogiri tree/Kaneki.

I have watched 2 Eps. and I understand the underwhelming feeling however the second Ep. loss of control was pretty interesting and the show up of the new coffee shop and that girl, I feel like it will be a internal battle for his memories and/or people trying to bring him back but who knows I am still gonna watch with some high hopes in mind!

• Optic changed the title to Tokyo Ghoul:re - Episode Discussion

Admittedly after watching through to episode 3 I feel like a lot of stereotypes the series managed to avoid have become a part of it. However the end of episode 3 where it focuses in on Aogiri and all of these other characters has me a bit excited that perhaps we'll get something more along the lines of season one's quality instead of the slower pace we've seen so far. There is still room to drop the ball, but here's hoping they don't and we get a Kaneki back. Seeing things mainly from the human's side is kind of boring.  

• 4 months later...