Part_time_anime

Tokyo Ghoul:re - Episode Discussion

What are your opinions after watching the first episode of Tokyo ghoul season 3.

For me after watching the first episode and after looking at the poster I feel like it’s going to be a dead season. This is because it looks like the season is going to be around the guy Haise. I don’t want to see him because the way he acts i don’t know how to explain it he’s so dead. Watching kaneki evolve was the interesting part of the anime. I like how kaneki acts now he’s stuck inside haise that has ruined it for me the most. 

• Like 1

Haven't watched S3 it yet, but super hyped. I'm a fan of the first 2 seasons and was happy when the announced the third season, which I feel took them long enough to do. However when I get done re-watching the first two seasons again and watch S3, I'll hit this thread and let you know for sure but I'm going to go ahead and preempt that by making a prediction now:

IT WAS AWESOME! 

(y)-Kuro

• Like 2

seeing theres another thread in these forums on the same ill just cut n past my comment here too

Tokyo Ghoul:re

I was hyped too and really enjoyed the others but so far feel its been underwhelming that its not keeping my attention and I'm doing other things like being on here , so so far ive only watched a little over half 

but I did like the silence of the lambs take at half way interview scene with incarcerated ghoul donato porpora (aka to me dr hannibal lecter) and tooru (being donato"s clarice)

I did finish the episode and the final few minutes to me were the more interesting and I would keep watching the series anyways

• Like 2

I've been waiting for this season for so long, I forgot to watched the finale for season 2. Lol, well, I barely remember anything at this point so I guess it would make sense to go back a little. I'm looking forward to it though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

well ive watched ep 2 still interesting and slowly getting it all together for the story , and yes the end of ep 2 well what can I say !!!

• Agree 1

i would recommend trying out a few episodes of it to start at least 

18 hours ago, IAmAVillageFreak said:

I've never actually watched Tokyo ghoul but ive seen it everywhere. do guys recommend it?

Yeah it’s amazing 

Tokyo ghoul season 3 is Tokyo Ghoul: re, is it not? I preferred the ghoul side of things such as Aogiri tree and Kaneki. I liked the Aogiri tree side because it was a lot more thought-provoking what with all the gore and Kaneki wanting to become stronger. I can't wait until they make another season focusing on Aogiri tree/Kaneki.

I have watched 2 Eps. and I understand the underwhelming feeling however the second Ep. loss of control was pretty interesting and the show up of the new coffee shop and that girl, I feel like it will be a internal battle for his memories and/or people trying to bring him back but who knows I am still gonna watch with some high hopes in mind!

I don't like season 3 that much because it doesn't revolve around Kaneki much anymore.

Agree that the move away from Kaneki has resulted in an underwhelming start. Not really liking Quinx Squad too much but might warm up to them as it progresses...

Admittedly after watching through to episode 3 I feel like a lot of stereotypes the series managed to avoid have become a part of it. However the end of episode 3 where it focuses in on Aogiri and all of these other characters has me a bit excited that perhaps we'll get something more along the lines of season one's quality instead of the slower pace we've seen so far. There is still room to drop the ball, but here's hoping they don't and we get a Kaneki back. Seeing things mainly from the human's side is kind of boring.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Optic

Trailer Tokyo Ghoul:re (Spring 2018)
      R-17+ 12 episodes 24 minutes TV Details
      Rating 8.0/24K Source Manga First Episode Apr 3, 2018 Last Episode Unknown Status Currently Airing Broadcast Tuesdays at 23:00 Studio Studio Pierrot Genres Action Drama (and 5 more) Tagged with:
      Action Drama Horror Mystery Psychological Seinen Supernatural Cast
      Natsuki Hanae Haise Sasaki Ayane Sakura Saiko Yonebayashi Kaito Ishikawa Kuki Urie
      Crew
      Odahiro Watanabe Director Noboru Haraguchi Sound Director Chuuji Mikasano Script Screenplay Series Composition Two years have passed since the CCG's raid on Anteiku. Although the atmosphere in Tokyo has changed drastically due to the increased influence of the CCG, ghouls continue to pose a problem as they have begun taking caution, especially the terrorist organization Aogiri Tree, who acknowledge the CCG's growing threat to their existence.

The creation of a special team, known as the Quinx Squad, may provide the CCG with the push they need to exterminate Tokyo's unwanted residents. As humans who have undergone surgery in order to make use of the special abilities of ghouls, they participate in operations to eradicate the dangerous creatures. The leader of this group, Haise Sasaki, is a half-ghoul, half-human who has been trained by famed special class investigator, Kishou Arima. However, there's more to this young man than meets the eye, as unknown memories claw at his mind, slowly reminding him of the person he used to be. written by myanimelist.net Prequel Tokyo Ghoul √A 457 #390 popularity 190K members 1K favorites Updated All Names Original 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re Other Names Tokyo Kushu:re, Toukyou Kuushu:re Go to Page Videos Photos Episodes Characters Crew Season 3 of Tokyo Ghoul featuring the new Quinx Squad in the CCG.
      I've never read the manga, only watched the anime. Based on the anime alone I found the first Season to be fantastic (Rize and Touka were my biggest favourites). 2nd Season was rather bland (I really disliked Touka's change in personality).
      Interesting start so far.
      What are your thoughts?
    • By Neptvne
      What are your thoughts on Tokyo Ghoul:re?
    • By akuei2
      This is fans make MV I found on youtube at this morning. Gallery performance at high quality until make me curious how it make? MMD or general 3D soft?
      Everyone, any idea?
    • By eCapter
      Hey guys,
      so first: please refrain from spoilers beyond season 2 and be aware of spoilers including the end of season 2 and the description of season 3.
      So Im quite new to anime and considering Tokyo Ghouls omnipresence I thought it has to be cool. And the setting is cool and the characters looked cool.....but yeah.....The start was really good. The first let down was the Shuu arc which mostly just felt unnecessary and rediculous. The rest of season 1 was okaaaaay. The episodes were over very fast which actually could speak for the anime but somehow I was unsatisfied all the time. I dont feel like I really got to know the characters Im supposed to care about. And unfortunately that includes Kaneki and Touka for a too big part. Yoshimura was cool and Koutarou was ok. Hide seemed to be important, but no he wasnt and Im fine with him getting no screentime at all because I couldnt care less about him. Unfortunately season 2 wanted me to....I think the scenes with him were okaaayy but pretty unnecessary and to build the whole ending around his deaths was like a punch in the face because I seriously couldnt give less shit about him. He had no role at all. Even Shinoharas maybedeath was more emotional and I didnt really like him for his puppetlike dead eyes. Hell even that Jason clones death would have been more emotional because I would have cheered so hard, I propably would have cried. I mean really what a shit is that character and why is screentime wasted on him?
      I really liked that they got us to know Amon and Mados daughter better. I really didnt like that they tried it with the entire CCG too....Why not telling us something about that Koma guy and the woman I dont know the name off because it was mentioned like 3 times in the entire anime instead, who suddenly lead whole armies and sacrificed themselves for the maincharacters but I dont really care because I dont know them AT ALL! Or making the konversations between Yoshimura and Kaneki something big, profound and rememberable, instead of "hey btw Kaneki was hereand we talked, didnt you know? Oh now you know....". Or giving the screentime to the maincharacters, but no lets not get crazy! Actually I shouldnt call them that because Touka and Kaneki just werent maincharacters in season 2. I mean serisously what did they do? Kaneki was busy WALKING AROUND like a cool dude and Touka was...I dont know...studying and oh she was running for THREE ENTIRE FUCKING EPISODES to eventually DO NOTHING except NOT talking to Kaneki? The only thing I remember from Kaneki is "I join aogiri" and from Touka its "...BECAUSE I WAS ROYALLY PISSED OFF!". They didnt develop their relathionship, they didnt develop for themselves, just nothing happened! The only characters I cared about were nearly completely taken away in sake of a giant bunch of supernumerarys killing each other and a bunch of side characters fighting other side characters that havent even been introduced at all, in a horribly choreographed way. I really wanted to like this anime but I dont know what I could like apart from Touka and Kaneki, who I also cant really like because I just dont know them. And now that its over I feel like Im missing strangers, what doesnt make any sense...
      So the ending was the same as the entire season: nothing but a stupid fight in a exaggerated scale. And because an entirely unconclusive ending like this isnt bad enough, season 3 will take place 2 fucking years later, so I guess we will then learn what all the characters that are now maybe dead or maybe not, will have been doing the past 2 years HELL YEAH and this ending will just be left as it is and all the conequences from what happend and the sorrow will be skipped. Great. Is it possible that they just gave up on what they missproduced so far too?
      And the ovas....about Shuus past....why not about Yoshimuras past?
      This anime left a void inside me, but not because it was so touching but because my massive dissatisfaction sucked out the little that was put inside to begin with. So excuse me I now go bash my face into a mirror and try to deal with that I wont get a cool story around Touka and Kaneki....
      Pls be polite with your criticism.

Greetings eCapter
    • By Fuzzybear2245
      WHO ELSE IS FREAKING HYPED FOR SEASON 3 TOKYO GHOUL?!
      Even if it might b shit... We won't know until we watch it--
      I was shook by the promo afterall

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!