Idea - anime identification section?

DevoidReaper

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi @DevoidReaper yes as mentioned above we already have Recommendations/Identify as a separate section. Having said that, it easily gets swamped and can be hard to find older recommendations and identify requests in there.

I am certainly open to ideas to help improve it.

12 hours ago, DevoidReaper said:

Who agrees with me that we should start an anime identification section?

A what? What do you mean?

Edited by Estatia

maybe you might want to explain your idea in a little more depth in to what you thinking

and if I think I'm currently understanding what your thinking , and if it would be used as generally new members are the ones that sign up and first post "do you know what this is" or "where it come from" and they generally wont be looking for a section to do this in till they get use to the forms and the first area they come to and generally post is the general section

It already exists. It's called Recommendations & Identify.

2 hours ago, Wodahs said:

new members are the ones that sign up and first post "do you know what this is" or "where it come from" 

No...usually the "recommend me random stuff. Somehow Google never crossed my mind. By the way, I've seen everything you will recommend or won't  like the genre but im not telling you till after you think up your recommendations." is the first or second post. ~sighs~ I don't mind making recommendations but this is not the same era I grew up in. The Internet exists, is extremely fast, and easily accessible and lots of anime info is out there ready for the, "top ten anime of 2017" or "anime similar to Ghost in the Shell" Google search. I'd prefer to help people that have already tried to help themselves first rather than being a repeating static weekly response to a new user that will never make another post after that. 

When I grew up, the Internet was dialup, Google didn't work so well (I'm not sure it was in existence even then), the Internet wasn't filled with awesome anime sites like today, and just getting lucky enough to bump into someone else who liked anime was rare.  You got most of your anime info from tv, anime store sites, trailers on DVDs, and friend's word of mouth.  Now and then, completely different times.

Edited by Beocat

53 minutes ago, Beocat said:

It already exists. It's called Recommendations & Identify.

No...usually the "recommend me random stuff. Somehow Google never crossed my mind. By the way, I've seen everything you will recommend or won't  like the genre but im not telling you till after you think up your recommendations." is the first or second post. ~sighs~ I don't mind making recommendations but this is not the same era I grew up in. The Internet exists, is extremely fast, and easily accessible and lots of anime info is out there ready for the, "top ten anime of 2017" or "anime similar to Ghost in the Shell" Google search. I'd prefer to help people that have already tried to help themselves first rather than being a repeating static weekly response to a new user that will never make another post after that. 

When I grew up, the Internet was dialup, Google didn't work so well (I'm not sure it was in existence even then), the Internet wasn't filled with awesome anime sites like today, and just getting lucky enough to bump into someone else who liked anime was rare.  You got most of your anime info from tv, anime store sites, trailers on DVDs, and friend's word of mouth.  Now and then, completely different times.

sorry yes i agree with you on their first post when just joining this forumis like that  when it should be hi I'm new here , i was more referring to the members that join solely at start just to find out the name of the anime they are looking for and that's how i was taking this thread suggestion to mean

may re read your post tho and reply again latter , in cinema atm (only one here atm and have best seat) to see ready player one (in about 15 min but lights just went out)

• Like 1