Ready Player One

AFRICAN OTAKU

I didn't get any game anime vibes from it. Did enjoy it.  That being said, it is supposed to have a ton of Easter eggs and nods to certain shows so I imagine there might be one or two things from it. I'd consider that a compliment to the show if it made a big enough impact for an inclusion.

It is very good. Lots of stuff you'll recognize and it can be quite funny too. If you are interested, give it a shot. I've gone a few times. We have 5 dollar tickets on Tuesdays so the movies are fairly inexpensive to frequent weekly. 

I'm an Iron Giant fan so that part definitely satisfied me.

ok so I've just come out of the cinema and ill retract my comment of thinking if they die in game they die irl i was wrong , even tho that's how i perceived it in the trailer

there are a lot of movie , anime and game references and i can see some parts like SAO but to know you will have to watch it

wish i had the movie as id be re watching it already and id also be able to as i want pause it as there are times you'd want to as there is just so much to take in

• Optimistic 1

Knowing me, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the references go over my head, especially if referencing modern things.  Like SAO. I've never read it nor have I seen it. Retro games and stuff, I'd do better with, so that's my question. Do they have easter eggs and references to more modern things or a nice balance between older and newer?

i would say more older and as for SAO it wasn't so much reference to but the odd thing that you could say seems similar in little parts of the story

lots of old movie ang old game references tho

32 minutes ago, ssjup81 said:

Knowing me, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the references go over my head, especially if referencing modern things.  Like SAO. I've never read it nor have I seen it. Retro games and stuff, I'd do better with, so that's my question. Do they have easter eggs and references to more modern things or a nice balance between older and newer?

There will be plenty you will recognize and enjoy.  Basically, from the 70's and onward is mostly what it showcases.  That includes sci-fi movies, anime, video games, lots of stuff. 

• Agree 1