My Hero Academia 3rd Season

Optic

[mal type=anime id=36456]

Thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 seasons consistently good production values (fantastic soundtrack) as well as seeing Izuku Midoriya develop strongly with his quirk under All Might's guidance. I think this 3rd season will be good to perhaps finally see a final confrontation against Tomura Shigaraki?

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Not super impressed by it yet. Still waiting for something to actually happen... I liked the first two seasons, there was plot progression and character development. So far, there's just been a lot of short-lived battles going on just for the sake of there being some action. Hopefully it'll pick up soon. 

well as in past two seasons, the ending episodes of third season will also be super action packed . I guess!!

• 4 months later...

So far really diggin' the vibe this series is putting out there. Some minor flaws but easily overlooked, otherwise decent character development, world building and of course the awesomeness of the variety of quirks out there...come one, who doesn't wish they could blow sh*t up, kick some major ass, or be a frog...wait what? Lol. Question is who's going to see the movie on the 25th? Me, HELLZ YEAH! Can't wait as it's a week away. Awesome part of that, seeing more anime movies being released mainstream theaters which means a bigger audience and more exposure. Long live the anime! 

Cheers! 

PS: Worst hero...Best Jeanist, I mean really???

• Funny 1

This looks good from what I have seen being the first couple episodes, and a lot of fan art. Not to mention the openings, and endings for all of the series. I'm gonna be siting down with it soon though I have to say my first impressions so far have been mixed.

While seasons 1 & 2 had their flaws, they seemed to do a better job of balancing things out so that each episode had at least something going for it. The pattern for season 3, however, seems to be stretches of "meh" episodes that are capped off some with pretty awesome ones as the arcs conclude. 

I've seen several people complain about "filler" this season, but I've found that filler episodes can actually be quite entertaining when done right. Case in point, the special episode from a couple weeks ago was pretty funny IMO and helps to set up the movie (which I'm going to see at the theater in a couple weeks 😁)

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, Ohiotaku said:

While seasons 1 & 2 had their flaws, they seemed to do a better job of balancing things out so that each episode had at least something going for it. The pattern for season 3, however, seems to be stretches of "meh" episodes that are capped off some with pretty awesome ones as the arcs conclude. 

I've seen several people complain about "filler" this season, but I've found that filler episodes can actually be quite entertaining when done right. Case in point, the special episode from a couple weeks ago was pretty funny IMO and helps to set up the movie (which I'm going to see at the theater in a couple weeks 😁)

I couldn't agree more. I mean I have seen about half of season 3 at this point. I liked how some things were brought to light while others were wrapped up. With that said where I am at now which I won't say to avoid spoilers. I will say though it left me questioning the future of the series, and where it will honestly go next.