Steins;Gate 0

Optic

[mal type=anime id=30484]

Loved, loved, REALLY loved the first Steins;Gate anime TV series with it's time travel plot and paradoxes. The movie after that was great too.

I've never played the VN... but am loving it so far. In this timeline, seeing Okabe move away from his energetic side, a glimpse at a very bleak future revolving around Kurisu. And seeing adorable Mayuri again!

I watched the first two episodes and I'm kind of unsatisfied. I know it's important for Rintaro to come to terms with certain things, but with World War III still looming over everyone's heads, it seems a waste to spend so much time with what should be a the B-plot and yes ever since AI was brought into it, that's been the focus. It's not a horrible idea, it's just a bigger deal than I feel it should be. Hopefully soon they'll balance the two plots out and make them work. 

• 4 weeks later...

My only knowledge of Steins;Gate is the first anime series and the movie, so I'm certainly finding this very thrilling, unpredictable and new to me. :)

Initially I was so nostalgic seeing Mayuri and Faris again.

I'd highly recommend playing one route of the VN before starting this as you really don't get to know any of the characters nearly as well, and the whole thing with WW3 is covered a lot better.  Regardless, still enjoying this anime quite a bit, and look forward to the rest of it.

• Informative 1

I have been watching the episodes here, though behind because I switched to the dub, and I am not too sure what to think right now.

it still seems to be somewhat in the beginning portion of things, but I kind of want to see where things are going.

Would going through the VN be as pointless as WEE, drill?

On 5/19/2018 at 8:43 AM, drill said:

I'd highly recommend playing one route of the VN before starting this as you really don't get to know any of the characters nearly as well,

Well I'm already committed to the anime adaptation and am happy with the pacing so far. 

It's just my own personal preference, if there's an anime adaptation I will see it first (even with knowledge there's a prior VN/manga before it) - for me, it leaves me guessing. 

I am sure I will definitely check it out after the anime if there are alternative endings... 😃

1 hour ago, brycec said:

Would going through the VN be as pointless as WEE, drill?

I hope you're not referring to World End Economica because if Steins;Gate 0 is one tenth as good as World End Economica, then it will be amazing. 

7 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

I hope you're not referring to World End Economica because if Steins;Gate 0 is one tenth as good as World End Economica, then it will be amazing. 

I am afraid so. It just does not work well as a VN, kinetic or otherwise, so I will have to disappoint you. I think Clannad and Narcissu were both superior to that novel.

• Disagree 1

@brycec I haven't read the whole thing yet, but definitely really good from what I have read.  It starts out pretty slow, but when it picks up it does so really fast.  Also, not nearly as convoluted as the original for entering routes.  From what I've experienced so far, these aren't romantic routes like the original either.

@Optic there are alternate endings, just not romantic in nature from what I've experienced.  Don't know if that would be a make or break deal for you.

• Informative 1

• 2 months later...