E3 2018

RepentantSky

So with the announcement of Nintendo's conference for E3 made yesterday, I thought now was a good time to start talking about E3. 

The currently confirmed conference times are as follows with PST times listed: 

EA: 11 AM to 2 PM Saturday, June 9th 

Microsoft: 1 PM Sunday, June 10th 

Bethesda: 6:30 PM Sunday, June 10th 

Ubisoft: 1 PM Monday, June 11th 

Nintendo: 9 AM Tuesday, June 12th 

I also have started to make lists for games and things I'd like to see at E3. 

I'll be continuing to make lists and post new conference times as they become available though those will be in separate posts because this post will be too long otherwise. If you are interested in E3, feel free to read those lists or simply talk about what you're hoping to see. Let's talk about the biggest conference of the year.  

Edited by RepentantSky
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Might as well go ahead and update this thread with E3 related news while I'm at. We actually got three stories for E3 in the last 24 hours. 

CD Projekt Red might be bringing Cyberpunk 2077 to E3: https://www.dualshockers.com/cd-projekt-red-rpg-e3/

Xbox plans to have Japanese games in their showcase, including possible exclusives: https://www.dualshockers.com/phil-spencer-japanese-games/

Gung Ho Online, the creators of Let It Die are going to be at E3, and they have 10 projects they are working on: https://www.dualshockers.com/gung-ho-online-entertainment-e3-2018/

Edited by RepentantSky
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

So many conferences, so many ways to disappoint. I use to love E3, still do actually, but after all the false promises with so many games coming out just took its toll on me. I just don't like that games are shown at E3 promising this and that only to leave us hanging and wondering why. Before you say anything I know it takes time to make a video game, years in fact, but what's the point in showing us a clip or trailer when you aren't going to play the game for years.

I still love E3 and I'm going to watch it, just not expecting things to change from the usual let down.

• Agree 1

Here's my long list of things I hope to see from Sony: 

8 hours ago, King_Sama said:

So many conferences, so many ways to disappoint. I use to love E3, still do actually, but after all the false promises with so many games coming out just took its toll on me. I just don't like that games are shown at E3 promising this and that only to leave us hanging and wondering why. Before you say anything I know it takes time to make a video game, years in fact, but what's the point in showing us a clip or trailer when you aren't going to play the game for years.

I still love E3 and I'm going to watch it, just not expecting things to change from the usual let down.

Would you care to give some examples? With the exception of a few titles like Spider-man and Kingdom Hearts III, one which has a release date, and one which is set to have a release for this year, E3 has been getting better with releasing games they talk about within a year or two of them being announced. 

• Like 1

The only games I want to see at E3:

~Octopath Traveler (despite not owning a Switch yet xD)

~An announcement saying Pokemon Switch is 2019 because I'm SICK of the Pokemon Community despite loving Pokemon as much as I do.

~Persona Q2 for 3ds? All I know is that it's coming to 3ds xD

Square Enix is going to have a video showcase not unlike a Nintendo Direct: https://www.dualshockers.com/square-enix-host-video-showcase-next-month-e3-2018/

That makes 9 conferences or video showcases this year. E3 is gonna be busy. 

Edit: For some reason I can't edit my first post which I would like to be able to do to put the updated conference times on it, but since I can't here they all are: 

EA: 11 AM to 2 PM Saturday, June 9th 

Microsoft: 1 PM Sunday, June 10th 

Bethesda: 6:30 PM Sunday, June 10th 

Square Enix 10 AM Monday, June 11th

Ubisoft: 1 PM Monday, June 11th 

Nintendo: 9 AM Tuesday, June 12th 

Edited by RepentantSky
  • Like 1

There are some possible E3 leaks going around, but I would take them with a grain of salt considering there are misspelled words and font errors in them. Still, they could happen, so you might want to take a look just in case, if you're okay with that sort of thing: https://gematsu.com/2018/05/wal-mart-canada-lists-borderlands-3-gears-of-war-5-just-cause-4-rage-2-splinter-cell-more

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BurnsyCEO said:

This will be the first E3 I will get to watch live.

It's a good time for it. With 9 conferences confirmed for this year, Bethesda having their longest conference to date and Square Enix returning to E3 with their own showcase, it's gonna be a good few days. 

KH III, which was thought not to have another update coming until E3 is getting a hands-on event in California on Friday: https://gematsu.com/2018/05/kingdom-hearts-iii-hands-on-impressions-coming-may-18 

There's an Embargo currently in place that will drop at 6 PM PST which likely means people who are going to this event will be able to tell us more about the game or that new gameplay, a trailer, a new world, or anything like that could be shown. I actually know someone who is going to this event, so provided they know anything we don't hear, and I'm given permission to share any extra information, I will gladly do so. 

Rage 2, which is also something we thought we'd see at E3 got a trailer this morning as well: https://www.dualshockers.com/rage-2-official-announcement-trailer/ 

Other information about the game confirms that it will be on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Switch is not out of the picture though per-say because Nintendo likes to announce their ports on their own, so either at E3 or a later date, this game may come to the system. Rage 2 began getting information a few days ago during the leak I mentioned a few posts back, than had it's trailer leaked about 6 or 7 hours before the official one came out, and Bethesda said it had nothing to do with how the game was on that Walmart posting, and that this was always the plan. Bethesda also said that gameplay for the trailer is coming sometime tomorrow, which leaves me and others to wonder if Rage 2 is going to be a part of this big E3 conference at all. Rage 2's marketing and planning seem really weird at this point honestly, but at least we'll get to know more about it soon.  

• Like 1

Having recently switched to XBOX I have very high hopes for E3 this year!

I would like to see Microsoft focus on getting thier new Games being pushed into full production and more frequent updates.

While they will sell, I personally don't think we need a Halo 6 or Gears 5. The time for those franchises has kinda passed and if that's all microsoft can give us again and again I'll be very dissapointed. 

I would like to see some sort of new or event around "The Darwin Project" this game is getting quite big now, and if microsoft don't run with the fact they are the only console running it currently then they are missing an opportuinity.

As for non Microsoft stuff I'd like to see

1 Ace Combat 7 Release date and Info

2 Biomutant Release date and Info

3 A suprise new handheld to combat the switch

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Renee said:

Having recently switched to XBOX I have very high hopes for E3 this year!

I would like to see Microsoft focus on getting thier new Games being pushed into full production and more frequent updates.

While they will sell, I personally don't think we need a Halo 6 or Gears 5. The time for those franchises has kinda passed and if that's all microsoft can give us again and again I'll be very dissapointed. 

I would like to see some sort of new or event around "The Darwin Project" this game is getting quite big now, and if microsoft don't run with the fact they are the only console running it currently then they are missing an opportuinity.

As for non Microsoft stuff I'd like to see

1 Ace Combat 7 Release date and Info

2 Biomutant Release date and Info

3 A suprise new handheld to combat the switch

As cool as it would be, I doubt we'll see another handheld try to compete with the Switch. That system is breaking records like crazy and only Sony or Microsoft would have much of a chance to compete, and they aren't going to try at this point. 

4 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

As cool as it would be, I doubt we'll see another handheld try to compete with the Switch. That system is breaking records like crazy and only Sony or Microsoft would have much of a chance to compete, and they aren't going to try at this point. 

I know, I just really love handheld devices.

Some of my best gaming memories are from handhelds.

I kinda wish Sony would just try Relaunching the Vita.

It's still a great system, with many great JRPG games.

It just needed a bit of marketing behind it.

And I feel now would be the perfect time, people are getting increasingly bored of the same phones over and over and the state of phone gaming, the switch is proof that a handheld can be done right still.

The vita is very powerful, It just released at the wrong time.

I mean, imagine if at E3 Sony said you could take PS3 quality and better games with you anywhere, with full controls!!!

People would take that so quick right now.

Just give the OS a proper update and It'd be great.

But of course that will never happen *sigh*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renee said:

I know, I just really love handheld devices.

Some of my best gaming memories are from handhelds.

I kinda wish Sony would just try Relaunching the Vita.

It's still a great system, with many great JRPG games.

It just needed a bit of marketing behind it.

And I feel now would be the perfect time, people are getting increasingly bored of the same phones over and over and the state of phone gaming, the switch is proof that a handheld can be done right still.

The vita is very powerful, It just released at the wrong time.

I mean, imagine if at E3 Sony said you could take PS3 quality and better games with you anywhere, with full controls!!!

People would take that so quick right now.

Just give the OS a proper update and It'd be great.

But of course that will never happen *sigh*

I agree that the Vita is a spectacular system. If it had, had more games made for it at launch, more indie titles and better marketing, it would have competed with the 3DS easy, and it should have. Personally, I'd like to see Sony take one more crack at the handheld gaming market after the popularity of the Switch eventually starts dying out, and release something more powerful than it and with a bigger screen, or least clearer screen. They had the most powerful screen in gaming with the OLED on the last line of Vita's before that upgraded one came out and they dropped the screen back to the past LED screen. Sony can make a great handheld, they just need to borrow a few ideas from the 3DS and Switch, and combine their own ingenuity onto it, and they'd have a huge success on their hands. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Plot twist, Sega releases a new Handheld. Minds blown, Major success.

13 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

. Personally, I'd like to see Sony take one more crack at the handheld gaming market

Yes, so much yes. Like, God Of War anywhere anytime?? who would say no?

Or at least microsoft give it a good go.

But they kinda need to focus on other stuff right now.

Oh! some new info about ashen

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/games/103323179/ashen-kiwimade-xbox-adventure-highlights-nzs-booming-game-industry

I've been thinking. Maybe it's not time for Sony to try the handheld market again.

Maybe it's time for Sega, in the next few years.

They have been getting better again, trying to reign Sonic in a little and focusing on publishing.

They have a good catalogue of games building up slowly.

They would have one amazing digital back catalogue of classics available on the go, and we know Sega aren't shy to republish old games like Nintendo are.

Combine that with some nostalgia and some remark about Sonic and how the new handheld "outpaces" ninty and is "faster" etc and you Could have a marketing phenomena on your hand.

In fact the more I think about it the more it makes sense that Sega would be the company to take ninty down a notch.

I'm not even sure the handheld would have to be that modern, with the way people snap up retro games and indie titles the system could focus on retro games and graphic consistently, infact the idea of a handheld focused on supporting a strictly 8bit style ecosystem, but without the limits of space and things from that generations is kinda a very interesting and nostalgia filled idea.

I've sold myself on the idea. next stop is for sega to realise it.