E3 2018

RepentantSky

On 5/8/2018 at 9:58 PM, RepentantSky said:

Edit: For some reason I can't edit my first post which I would like to be able to do to put the updated conference times on it, but since I can't here they all are: 

After so many days, you can't edit posts. I'm not sure how long. @Optic

Edited by Ryuji

My Final List for E3 this year: 

Also if anyone needs it, here are the conference times listed for everyone in PST: 

EA: 11 AM to 2 PM Saturday June 9th.

Microsoft: 1 PM Sunday June 10th

Bethesda: 6:30 PM Sunday June 10th

Devolver Digital: 8 PM Sunday June 10th

Square Enix: 10 AM Monday June 11th

Ubisoft: 1 PM Monday June 11th

PC Gaming Show: 3 PM Monday June 11th

Sony: 6 PM Monday June 11th

Nintendo: 9 AM Tuesday June 12th

• Like 1

A bunch of potential news and leaks just dropped this morning: 

AC Odyssey Potential Leak: https://www.dualshockers.com/assassins-c...ed-greece/

GTFO will be playable at E3: https://www.dualshockers.com/gtfo-screenshots-e3-pc/

Maxi confirmed for Soul Calibur VI (I fully suspect this game will be at E3 in some capacity): http://www.gameinformer.com/games/soulca...eturn.aspx

PlayStation Experience confirmed with ticket sales time and locations: https://www.dualshockers.com/playstation...ence-2018/

• Like 1

New leaks suggest that Sony is going to show off Bloodborne 2 and a new Horizon Zero Dawn game this year: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/31/bloodborne-2-horizon-zero-dawn-sequel-e3-2018/

Also screenrant believe that Microsoft's Gears of War team, The Coalition are working on 3 Gears games, one of them being a Battle Royale: https://screenrant.com/gears-of-war-battle-royale-e3-2018/ 

• Like 1

Limited Run Games is going to have a press conference set for 12 PM on June 11th: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/limited-run-games-e3-2018-press-conference-set-for-june-11

To make things easier for people who may want to see all the conferences. the day before E3 starts, so this Friday, I will be posting the times for each show one more time and a YouTube or Twitch channel from which you can see the stream live if you are able. I will also be posting my reviews of each conference from the Facebook page for which my lists and other things have come from during E3 in case you miss anything and don't know what to look up/don't want to try and find what you want to see by skipping through conference times to find it. My reviews will talk about every major game release or update with videos pulled from YouTube to show you, so you won't miss a thing even if you can't catch the shows live. It's gonna take a lot for me to do all that, but I'm gonna do it for my page, so I should share those posts with you guys as well. You'll excuse me if I do a little but of plugging here, but I will also be tweeting during the conferences as well, so if you don't have to watch but can check twitter for a bit here and there, you can follow me on twitter @RepentantSky so feel free to do that as well. Unless more information comes out for E3 between now and Friday, this might be my last post on this thread until things start, but I'll keep you updated. 

Not much to say today.  I'm interested in E3, but have no interest in the opener, EA.  From what I've heard their press conference/ wasn't worth listening to anyway, even for people who can tolerate the company.  I figured I'd start looking for reports from the floor tomorrow.  Not that I'm all that excited about MS either, or even Bethesda.  I don't pay much attention to companies that don't make software for my computer(s).  Anyone say anything interesting about linux games?

• Like 1

Sorry Microsoft.

That was one of the worst presentations ever. Not what you needed to do at all.

Sure, you announced games. The majority of them multiplatform or the 5th version of a long tired series.

I'm over it.

EDIT

Ok so it wasn't that bad. But it still feels like late damage control Vs a new step forward. 

Edited by Renee

I'm guess I'm alone in thinking Microsoft screwed up. Most of the games they showed we're third party and anything else was a "we promise". Everything could have been shown elsewhere and had just as much impact. Microsoft's money could have been better spent getting actual exclusive titles underway rather than announce fallout first. Or have gameplay of game we already know exist first. That was nothing special apart from Microsoft stroking Thier own ego.

Legit the only thing I am that excited about was battletoads. I am that one person that wanted more of that.

1 hour ago, Renee said:

I'm guess I'm alone in thinking Microsoft screwed up. Most of the games they showed we're third party and anything else was a "we promise". Everything could have been shown elsewhere and had just as much impact. Microsoft's money could have been better spent getting actual exclusive titles underway rather than announce fallout first. Or have gameplay of game we already know exist first. That was nothing special apart from Microsoft stroking Thier own ego.

Legit the only thing I am that excited about was battletoads. I am that one person that wanted more of that.

Microsoft's conference is the only decent one so far. It had a lot of slowdowns, too much focus on games that didn't need it, not enough on ones that did, I didn't care to hear about Game Pass or the Studio's they bought, but they did have a few exciting announcements, which is the best we've had so far. I thought E3 was going to be big this year, but with only Sony and Nintendo left, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed by the end. Those two have to pull some serious surprises out for me to be happy. 

Edited by RepentantSky

7 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

Microsoft's conference is the only decent one so far. It had a lot of slowdowns, too much focus on games that didn't need it, not enough on ones that did, I didn't care to hear about Game Pass or the Studio's they bought, but they did have a few exciting announcements, which is the best we've had so far. I thought E3 was going to be big this year, but with only Sony and Nintendo left, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed by the end. Those two have to pull some serious surprises out for me to be happy. 

I disagree. I much preferred Bethesda's press show. Even with that terrible concert opening.

2 minutes ago, Renee said:

I disagree. I much preferred Bethesda's press show. Even with that terrible concert opening.

I didn't care much for Bethesda. I don't care about ESL, ESO, Rage 2 or the mobile games. Doom Eternal and Fallout 76 were all I cared about. Just announcing Elder Scrolls VI with a small trailer like that doesn't mean anything either. That game could 5 years off for all we know. It's hard to care about a game that far off. So basically, Bethesda had two things I care about, and a bunch of stuff that was either bad or that I didn't care about. Microsoft had some of that, but not nearly as much. 

I'm having a hard time getting excited about anything out of E3 this year.  While I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a new Elder Scrolls in the (far) future, even that vaporous "announcement" is tempered by the company's non-support of my computer.  TBH, I'm just as excited to hear that the original Wasteland is getting a 30th anniversary update/remaster.  (I played the original so there's a nostalgia factor at play there.  YMMV.)  Every year E3 seems to get more about big-company titles, and those are pretty much all about farming franchise fans for $$$ with DLC and other (not so) thinly-veiled subscription models.  Fun and games?  Not so much.  Maybe for shareholders I guess.

This reddit thread pretty much sums up the parts of E3 that were even potentially interesting to me.  Pretty thin...

The other thing that was vaguely interesting was the talk (however vague) about "next gen" consoles from MS.  Let the PS5/Xbone2 speculations begin!  :)

And speaking of consoles, I'm still interested in what Sony has to say regarding PS4 (and especially PSVR) too, though the Sony BMG rootkit fiasco back in the day and their general inability to grok security over the years means I'm not a big fan of that company either.

20 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I'm having a hard time getting excited about anything out of E3 this year.  While I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a new Elder Scrolls in the (far) future, even that vaporous "announcement" is tempered by the company's non-support of my computer.  TBH, I'm just as excited to hear that the original Wasteland is getting a 30th anniversary update/remaster.  (I played the original so there's a nostalgia factor at play there.  YMMV.)  Every year E3 seems to get more about big-company titles, and those are pretty much all about farming franchise fans for $$$ with DLC and other (not so) thinly-veiled subscription models.  Fun and games?  Not so much.  Maybe for shareholders I guess.

This reddit thread pretty much sums up the parts of E3 that were even potentially interesting to me.  Pretty thin...

The other thing that was vaguely interesting was the talk (however vague) about "next gen" consoles from MS.  Let the PS5/Xbone2 speculations begin!  :)

And speaking of consoles, I'm still interested in what Sony has to say regarding PS4 (and especially PSVR) too, though the Sony BMG rootkit fiasco back in the day and their general inability to grok security over the years means I'm not a big fan of that company either.

I think the idea is if you want to play games don't run Linux.

Console gamer's have had to put up with games being on different pricy system and PC for years.

But now you're getting annoyed over games not supporting an alternate OS that was your choice to run.

Talk about missing the point.  Like I said, these days E3 seems to me more about big-company profits and milking franchises than about fun and games.

But yes, I would like to see more games for linux.  Not that there aren't good games that run there already... more than I have time to play tbh.  (Though I try my best.  :))   They just aren't covered at E3.

Don't really get that hyped up for E3 like other people do.  Need Pokemon 2019, Fire Emblem, and perhaps Rune Factory 5 to all get on Switch so I have a reason to get one (perhaps some might be there tomorrow, but we'll see).  Otherwise, everything I was looking forward to for the PS4 has already been released and haven't had time to play yet, or coming out rather soon and wasn't going to be at E3 anyway.