Which shojo anime you like the most and why?

Okay so I am new here and as I scrolled down I thought " why not start a new topic. "  The previous topics were good and I responded to one and as for the second one I was too late and all so yeah. 

As I see its been a while since anyone did something with a topic so here I go.

Since this is an anime site let me ask which shojo anime you like the most and what's the reason? I hope you guys watch shojo animes lol and if not, this would be awkward XD. Anyways--

Like for me there are many and many.

But for now I am crushing on ' Sukitte Inayo '  ^_^ The reason I love it is that the anime deals with all the problems that people go through while being in a relationship and also because the main character is so kawaii lol :blush:.  Its sweet and warm. Do check it out sometimes guys, its a nice one. ✌️  :D 

Please do talk about your favorite ones :) ✌️

Edited by Animesta_MidnightLove
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• Optic changed the title to Which shojo anime you like the most and why?

I'll be honest.  After nearly 30 years of watching anime...I still sometimes have to look these Japanese words up.  >_>  So, by Shojo you mean young girl, innocent, pure and endearing main heroine that brings out the best in people and may focus on character development type right?  Not straight up romance but could have it, but mostly innocent or bright?  I'd say...Petite Princess Yucie or Fate/Kaleid

I liked Petite Princess Yucie because it is so pure and because it shows true sacrifice as well.  She struggles with her own messed up life, with making friends, and with the aftermath of it all as well.  In my opinion, it was expertly written with just the right amount of sass and humor mixed in with drama and tragedy.  Well done all over and Yucie remains a beacon in the night.

I liked Fate/Kaleid because the two main heroines are so pure and innocent.  They wear their emotions on their sleeves and the humor on the side helps to keep the anime from being pulled down into the darkness of the Fate series. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I love Kaichou wa Maid-sama, it got that simple story with a unique romance and comedy which will make interesting and fun to watch. Also MC is savage....!!!

I also like Ouran highschool host club!!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

6 hours ago, Animesta_MidnightLove said:

@K.p Kaichou Wa Maid-sama was the first anime I watched. I love how our maid-sama is portrayed (^_-), strong and brave. And yes it has some good humour in it. 

But I am not sure if I should watch Ouran highschool host club . 

I liked it but its up to you!!✌✌

@Beocat I don't know much myself..but I heard that viewers might be a little off put by the show if they are unfamiliar with the traditional rom com and clichés and shojo tropes so they might miss some of the jokes that are poking fun at these formats of Japanese manga and anime.

The boys kind of forms a club where they entertain the girls, like listening to them , telling them that they are pretty and such....is it ? Idk for sure what the club actually did. One of my friend told me this long back. But I am pretty sure about the first part, why viewers might be little off put by Ouran. (^・^)

Well like @K.p said it depends on the viewer, you never know until you watch it yourself (^^)/ (^^)/. 

@Animesta_MidnightLove  Haha...yes, they form a club that is designed to basically make money by charging female classmates who want to spend time with them (while they portray classic male style characters in Japanese anime, for example the prince type, the cute kid type, the yaoi twincest type).  I can say that it is quite funny (though I didn't appreciate the ending of the manga.  Poor Haruhi.) and it is a good reverse harem.  Nothing dirty happens in the anime.  It is mostly comedy.

• Like 1