Hi everyone just looking for some friends

Cure Nightcore

Haha, how about you tell me a little bit more about yourself first and I'll give you a rundown on me.Β 

Β 

Hmm....I'm in my thirties, been watching anime since I was probably around 8 or 9 years old....Β  I enjoy a wide variety of anime but my favorite genres are Space Opera, Reverse Harem, Trapped in a Video Game esque (widens it to similar styles), and Magical Girls.Β  I watch so much more, but those are my major followings (and romance and comedy tends to be pretty much in nearly everything already anyways so...).Β  I have been playing video games since I was around 4 or 5 years old.Β  Started with the Atari and just kept going from there.Β  My folks thought I'd grow out of it hahaha.....they thought that about anime too.Β  My favorite game genres are RPGS, Adventure, Horror, and Flight Action.Β  Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn lately....didn't have time before.Β  This game is huge and I'm loving it ^_^Β 

Β 

I also scuba dive, enjoy boating, biking, stargazing (once I get a new job....halfway there now...I'm going to invest in a refracting telescope.Β  Saving my money now lolΒ  I cleaned my reflecting telescope recently...still need to collimate it,), listening to the birds (I have my windows open right now and it is so peaceful ~sighs~)....Β  I'm not really into music at all.Β  I enjoy some music, but I could live without it.Β  I am not representative of my generation in that.Β  I have a huge video game collection and anime collection.Β  And I love Diet Dr Pepper ^_^Β 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I am 16 years old I was in love with anime sense I was 14 and still do love it a lot. I first watched vampire knight then glitter force then many more. I printed like about 100 pictures of anime girls and boys then anime characters from every show. I still have them.Β 

Vampire Knight....that's a reverse harem.Β  I still need to get around to collecting it.Β  So you started around 2 years ago?Β  That's not bad.Β  When I started...my options for watching were fairly limited.Β  So what did you like about Vampire Knight?

2 hours ago, Glitter Spring said:

Hi there just looking for some new friends to talk to if anyone wants to be my friend I will be here to chat with you. πŸ˜Šβ˜Ίβ˜Ίβ˜ΊπŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰

I'm around.

Haha, the twist.Β Have you ever watched Snow White with the Red Hair or Hiiro no Kakera?Β  Both are reverse harems (or reverse harem esque) and fairly good.Β  I'm currently watching Ceres Celestial Legend (I don't recommend anyone watch this unless they have earplugs lolΒ  -Β  it suffers from a bad dub back in the day) and it is pretty weird in some places.Β 

Β 

Sup @RoxegΒ  ~waves~Β  Join in ^_^

Edited by Beocat
Waving!
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Haha, the twist.Β Have you ever watched Snow White with the Red Hair or Hiiro no Kakera?Β  Both are reverse harems (or reverse harem esque) and fairly good.Β  I'm currently watching Ceres Celestial Legend (I don't recommend anyone watch this unless they have earplugs lolΒ  -Β  it suffers from a bad dub back in the day) and it is pretty weird in some places.Β 

Β 

Sup @RoxegΒ  ~waves~Β  Join in ^_^

What is reverse haremΒ 

1 hour ago, Part_time_anime said:

What is reverse haremΒ 

~gasp~Β  Actually, I'm not surprised you asked.Β  Lots of people don't really know.Β  So, a HAREM is a single male who is surrounded by female romantic interests (whether he is interested in them or not doesn't matter, they usually are interested in him to some degree).Β  You see this in the wild with Walruses and Lions and you see it in Anime frequently (I can only surmise that this is the Japanese male's teenage dream).Β  Oftentimes, when it is not the sole purpose of an anime, you will still frequently see "harem elements" being used.Β  Usually, it requires at least 3 romantic interests vying for affection.Β  Examples:Β  Kanon, Air, Tenchi Muyo, Familiar of Zero, etc

Β 

So, a REVERSE HAREM is a single female who is surrounded by male romantic interests (whether she is interested in them or not doesn't matter, they are typically interested or have inferred interest in her to some degree).Β  This is rarely seen in the wild (one shark species however does practice this as "rape gangs" on lone females...it is pretty horrific to watch, thanks National Geographic for that) and unfortunately, it is far more uncommon in anime than HAREMS.Β  Examples:Β  Brothers Conflict, Uta no Prince-sama, Fruits Basket, Diabolic Lovers, Yona of the DawnΒ etc.Β  I actually have a very very long list I could go through, but I think that's a diverse enough list to start anyone out on (though be warned Diabolic Lovers is....a special kind of reverse harem and definitely not for everyone).

Β 

Now, obviously people love pairings and harems provide people with lots of potential pairings!Β  Many harem and reverse harem anime will also have video games that are essentially dating sims as part of their franchising.Β  Many times the endings are left open so that the audience can imagine who they'd want the pairing to be (this can be frustrating to me personally but eh...)

Edited by Beocat
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

Wow I didn’t know thoseΒ such things exist in anime.Β 

Only if all that could happen in real life and in my life. What I would give for every girl to fall for me.

Lol just kidding.Β 

@Beocat

And then you'd be all like "geez...these girls are so annoying" or "why can't we all just get along" or even "you girls are always just in the way!" because you have essentially zero interest in them, even though they are trying to climb into your bed at night.Β  ;)Β  Keep pushing them out and remain pure Part_timer!Β  LOLΒ  Japanese teen's dream.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@Beocat

Wow your imagination for these things exceed way beyond mine.

there is one I think it’s a harem anime I have watched which was high school dxd. I didn’t understood why all the girls were falling for that Pervy boy. Now I understand it’s harem something I think.

Thats when I wondered if girls who know me will ever fall from me in that way. I guess I need to be pervy as him to get them.Β 

Just kidding I would never fall that low.Β 

6 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

@Beocat

Wow your imagination for these things exceed way beyond mine.

there is one I think it’s a harem anime I have watched which was high school dxd. I didn’t understood why all the girls were falling for that Pervy boy. Now I understand it’s harem something I think.

Thats when I wondered if girls who know me will ever fall from me in that way. I guess I need to be pervy as him to get them.Β 

Just kidding I would never fall that low.Β 

Is it imagination or is it parroting what I've seen?Β  Well, maybe I'll make a Harem Tropes thread tonight if no one beats me to it LOLΒ  I used to complain about the tropes at length though now that I have spent a good few years out of the harem circle for the most part, I think I can talk about it without giving myself a headache.Β 

Β 

Maybe I'll make a few shots before I write it anyways.Β  Can't hurt to be a little less sour when I write about it lol....Β  The fingers flow faster and lighter with a little bit of Alkyhol to lubricate the joints hahaΒ ;)

Β 

The pervy boy is definitely one of the tropes.Β  And yes, DxD is definitely a harem.Β  Please do not mistake the Japanese dream for reality.Β  Vulgarity, crudeness, and lecherous behavior rarely won the hearts of maidens fair....

Β 

I will say, for all my distaste of Harems, I really do enjoy Reverse Harems.Β  There is far less pervyness in them in general and far less fan service.Β  It's just more character and story based than anything else.

• Funny 1

I agree with the last paragraph. I too have no interest in any type of harem anime as I think it’s wierd or at times disgusting because it’s just an anime don’t take it too far.Β 

And I guess good luck with your reverse gear harem thing. Lol I doubt it anyone will beat you to it.Β 

@Beocat

11 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

Ceresο»Ώο»Ώ Celestial Legend ... it suffers from a badο»Ώο»Ώ dubο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ

:D

Yeah, crunchy has both dub and sub on that one.Β  After comparing I'd have to agree.Β 

I think the dub might have been re-done at some point though.Β  I remember it being even more painful when I first saw it back in VHS days.Β  Maybe I'm just more tolerant these days.

• Like 1

just to stick my nose in here too as ive watched the odd harem and reverse harem and others so id drop this suggestion to watch as you may enjoy it as well

[mal type=anime id=31456]

and at that .......... hi all and see you all soon :)

Edited by Wodahs

15 hours ago, Wedgy said:

This perfectly describes me when I was single and it is both a joy and a terror. At least only a couple were creeps, the rest were decent and respectful human beings. (Spoiler: I ended up with one of the creeps unfortunately.) (Also spoiler: I didn't know he was a creep until after I dated him.) (One more spoiler: He's a woman these days.)

Do it!!

So...you were Haruhi from Ouran then? I'm so sorry!Β 

Β 

Perhaps tonight I shall make that post. I wrote it last night but never posted it. It needs polishing badly lol... Β I might cut my list from top ten to top five seeing as otherwise my post might go on forever...

On 4/27/2018 at 8:10 AM, Glitter Spring said:

Hi there just looking for some new friends to talk to if anyone wants to be my friend I will be here to chat with you. πŸ˜Šβ˜Ίβ˜Ίβ˜ΊπŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰

hmmmmm alright want to be my friendΒ in a non weird way

• 2 weeks later...