Anime/Gaming Conventions

Assuming posting this doesn't jinx it, it looks like I might have more discretionary time available to do things like attend cons over this next year or so.  I haven't been to any for years and years now however so I'm out of the loop.  Any recommendations for the So. California area?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know I had a plan to go to LA... for Strange Fake. Didn't end up going, as I was working up to that date, and then the price of a ticket across the sea. Been looking at more local UK cons, Anime League seems to have a few dotted all over the country over the year. But that's all I can see online, there might be more. What conventions do you guys if you are in the UK head to?

My buddy went to Otakon dressed as an XOF grunt from MGS5. He had a fun time, took some pics with some other cosplayers.

Spoiler

IMG_9137.jpg?width=901&height=676

Spoiler

IMG_9202.jpg?width=507&height=676

Spoiler

PXL_20230729_182330168.jpg?width=901&hei

Spoiler

IMG_9194.jpg?width=901&height=676

Spoiler

image.png.6660ec287f49095dadc0cd734ea64ee2.png

Spoiler

IMG_7037_Original.jpg?width=901&height=6

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Is there a snake inside as well?  :D

I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if there was though, some cosplayers can get REAL dedicated to their craft lmao.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I haven't been to Otakon in 11 years. Used to perform the best game shows for them for four years, then my son (who's turning 10 tomorrow) was going to born just days after the 2013 campaign. I stayed back while the rest of my crew at the time kept the fun rolling. And none of us have been back since. After some discussions with a friend of mine when I heard there's NO formal game shows at Otakon anymore, I'm checking to see if next year I can fix that and finally make my return.

In the meantime, prepping for the next Puchi Con in the Poconos in late October. Gonna be a whirlwind weekend because I'll only be there on Sunday after being at my cousin's wedding the day before, and I'm not getting back from it until after midnight. But I'm ready, I've done crazier things.