What’s yours Favourite song or type of music

Part_time_anime

What’s your favourite song or type of music?

for me I used to listen to hip hop and raps. Then I moved on to normal songs like “I am the one” which was my favourite song. Then moved on to dubstep.

So my current favourite type of music is dubstep. 

Faviroute dubstep song maybe:

kick the habit - b**ches 

Its hard to explain when it comes to Music. Its like I Love all the songs except for the ones I don't like XD. ANYWAYS. Pop is great and dupstep as well. Then I also listen to a lot of NCS music directly from YouTube or I download it. 

Right Now I am crushing on ' On and On ' by Cartoon ft.Daniel Levi and ' She Got Me Like ' by Halvorsen. Try these out or maybe you already have. (^・^)

• Like 2

I love all sorts of music: Classical, folk, heavy metal, jazz, pop and so on.

My favourite song: Mad world -Tears for fears

My favourite band: Babymetal

Favourite music: Heavy metal, I like Kawaii metal more than heavy metal when it comes to Babymetal but not otherwise.

• Useful 1

I would like to say that I like all types of music, but some of my favorites would be pop, rock, rap, and regional Mexican music. When it comes to pop and rock I always try to find Japanese musicians because I’m learning the language. As for the regional Mexican music, I grew up with that because of my parents so I do like the style of the music. The only rap group that I listen to regularly is N.W.A but im always open to new artists.

On a side note, what the hell do you call music from anime such as OPs and EDs? I would hate to call them anime music, but I can't think of another term.

@Yamasan Generally anime music is short for anime theme music or anime soundtrack music. This can either be the OPs , EDs, any insert songs or background music. Japanese music usually lumps into this genre becuase that's what they are. Sometimes listening to Japanese Music I am like "This sounds like anime music." Lol. I think just Like pop music is a genre and we call it Pop Music , similarly anime songs are a diff. genre and we call it anime music....?? Maybe ?? 😛 Same with rock,classical or other. Idk tho' just my opinion.

But if someone can tell me if there is some specific, other name for this genre, that would be sweet(^・^).  

Edited by Animesta_MidnightLove

On 4/29/2018 at 11:09 PM, Animesta_MidnightLove said:

I Love all the songs except for the ones I don't like

:D  Same here.  I'll listen to pretty much anything that fits in my iPhone, except maybe rap and teeny-pop. Stuff like Seger, Petty, Pink Floyd, U2, and REM is probably the core of my library, with occasional excursions into old-school "hair" metal/rock from the 70s/80s - Def Leppard, Poison, etc.  (Last week I had Petty's The Last DJ stuck in my head for a couple days.)

That's only maybe 42% of my music collection however; the rest is all over the map. Everything from Elton John to Jonathan Coulton (esp. with visuals from Spiff), Boston to Animusic to Blind Guardian.  I have "games" and "anime" playlists as well as movie soundtracks. Joplin. McLachlan. I've even got a few Ladytron, Daft Punk, and Gorillaz in my playlists. (I know. I'm sorry.) Saint-Saëns and Handel too of course. Spotify and Pandora are awesome. (Except Spotify is kinda expensive.)

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I like the Japanese band 'Scandal.' My favorite song by them is either 'Image' or 'Shunkan Sentimental.' If anyone searches for these songs to listen.. watch the music videos!

I also love Wagakki Band! Shinkai Shoujo, Senbonzakura, Hanafurumai, Strong Fate, etc. I have never heard of a song that I haven't liked by them.

• Like 1

There's only a select few artists that I ever truly got into, with the best being Billy Joel, Elton John and The Bangles. For the most part, that clearly makes me a pop guy, but I'm fans of individual songs more than I am about artists as a whole. My iPod has had a lot of different genres on it between rock, country, hip hop, hair bands and all that, but there's no clear dominator for artists save for the three I mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Has to be rock music. Whether it be death metal, classic rock, etc. I love them all.

Some bands that I like:

Metallica

ACDC

Avenged Sevenfold

Arch Enemy

Five Finger Death Punch

Skillet

Atreyu

On 6/12/2018 at 10:05 AM, Wedgy said:

I am and basically always have been a metalhead. I was raised on Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns n Roses, and Black Sabbath, basically anything hard rock or metal. Just stuck with me into adulthood I suppose. I try to branch out sometimes- I enjoy artists like Childish Gambino, Hoodie Allen, Twenty One Pilots, even Sam Tsui (shhhh) but at the end of the day my happy place is in between my noise-cancelling headphones with Smash Into Pieces dialled all the way up. 

Same here. I like some modern pop and R&B from time to time but my go to music, my savior and God has to be rock music. 😆

For me, I rather enjoy almost anything.  I listen to lots of music.  My favorites tend to be anything that really reflects my mood at that particular time.  I use to really enjoy "Blue October" and their song "into the ocean"  and other sad songs.   Lately I've been listening to stuff like "Digital Daggers" "still here" or "Neffex" "cold".  

• Like 1