Antivirus Software of Choice

drill

I've used quite a few different antivirus software, but since they cost money, and have an entire year subscription, I can't change it as often as other software. I used to use Kaspersky which was pretty good, but it bogged down my PC so much, I eventually switched to Avast. Avast was great, so I decided to go Pro, and guess what? They have ads in the Pro version, I only lasted a couple of months, and killed my year contract due to ads being that annoying. I'm currently on Nod32 with Malwarebytes which seems to be working out well for me, but sometimes its so silent, I forget its there :P

• Informative 1

I remember AVG used to be really popular many years ago! These days I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, which seems pretty solid. No complaints there.

Occasionally I'll run a scan with Malwarebytes too.

• 1 year later...

I use avast too, but an old version, and plus, because my "internal battery has run dry" on my netbook, I never have to renew my subscription (with a paid version), because if I disconnect my netbook from the mains, it goes back to September 2008 :D!

I tried Panda for a while, a friend of mine liked the idea of there being an actual Panda fighting to protect my computer from viruses, "PANDA WINS", except it didn't, Panda's protection seemed to decrease each day of the trial!?

In a ratio of divide 100% by 30 days, by the end of the month, there was no point running it!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never really use any software anymore as I never download anything. I will sometimes download stuff and run a scan on it (install a small file scanner) other than that. I stay away from small apps that I have never heard of before

• 1 month later...

On my windows machines I usually keep malware bytes, hitman pro, and Comodo installed and do occasional scans, just not very often. Between safe downloading habits + blocking website scripts and ads I never found myself having to clean up my PC. Only time something is detected is when it's a false positive.