Help! Looking for this old anime

jk502312

Question

Hello, I need help figuring out what anime I have seen as a kid. It's been awhile but what I can remember is that the main protagonist is a high schooler, I believe he lives in a shrine as well. He able to transform into a red armour figure with a green gem. Something happens that resurrects an evil god that appears to have similar armour but it was blue. They fight and then they become giants, and the main protagonist looks like a priest with two daggers. I remember having three burnt CD's of three different eps or movie, they were also dubbed. 

someone pls help me find this anime

18 answers to this question

How about giving us more information.  What did the main character look like (hair color, etc)?  How long ago were you a child (or maybe a range of dates)?  If you give us more info, we might be able to help you more efficiently.  Truth be told, I was going to say Ronin Warriors (even though I'm sure they didn't need a gem for their armor) but that's more along the lines of my youth than most people's youth here.

9 minutes ago, Beocat said:

How about giving us more information.  What did the main character look like (hair color, etc)?  How long ago were you a child (or maybe a range of dates)?  If you give us more info, we might be able to help you more efficiently.  Truth be told, I was going to say Ronin Warriors (even though I'm sure they didn't need a gem for their armor) but that's more along the lines of my youth than most people's youth here.

Okay lemme think.. the main character had black hair I believe, and I seen it around 2001-2003ish. The anime style was more of a serious tone, and the art style resembles something like escaflowe, evangelion, and monster. I remember there were three parts of movies of the anime, one where he’s fighting a giant evil dragon, and another where he fights a giant human looking god. He ultimately dies in the end while the city was completely destroyed. The main character has a serious demeanor, like he was waiting for something like this to happen. That’s all I could really remember.

1 minute ago, jk502312 said:

Okay lemme think.. the main character had black hair I believe, and I seen it around 2001-2003ish. The anime style was more of a serious tone, and the art style resembles something like escaflowe, evangelion, and monster. I remember there were three parts of movies of the anime, one where he’s fighting a giant evil dragon, and another where he fights a giant human looking god. He ultimately dies in the end while the city was completely destroyed. The main character has a serious demeanor, like he was waiting for something like this to happen. That’s all I could really remember.

Also to note he transforms to become a giant looking priest not like there was a mech. 

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

S cryed?

Or Sacred Seven?

Those are my best guesses. It kind of feels like you are remembering two different anime. Part of it sounds surprisingly similar to Tekkaman to me.

Sorry these aren’t it

1 hour ago, Shin Kaga said:

Can you remember the japanese name or at least a fraction of it?

If you have a picture or gif of ot, go on whatanime.ga and they can help you find the anime

unfortunately, i dont :-/ i tried everything, checking all the dubbed anime lists, and hours of google searches  

Where did you see it?  Was it Toonami or Adult Swim?  Or is this something you picked up online one day?  What country or region are you based out of as well?  (Some titles may go to EU but not NA or AU, others stay in JAP, etc)

3 hours ago, Beocat said:

Where did you see it?  Was it Toonami or Adult Swim?  Or is this something you picked up online one day?  What country or region are you based out of as well?  (Some titles may go to EU but not NA or AU, others stay in JAP, etc)

I'm from the US, and I saw it from a borrowed burnt disk of it. haha i know this doesn't help at all sorry. 

3 hours ago, Shin Kaga said:

Oh well how many episodes/seasons does it have?

from what i remember was that there were three eps/parts of it. 

On 5/2/2018 at 4:51 AM, jk502312 said:

Hello, I need help figuring out what anime I have seen as a kid. It's been awhile but what I can remember is that the main protagonist is a high schooler, I believe he lives in a shrine as well. He able to transform into a red armour figure with a green gem. Something happens that resurrects an evil god that appears to have similar armour but it was blue. They fight and then they become giants, and the main protagonist looks like a priest with two daggers. I remember having three burnt CD's of three different eps or movie, they were also dubbed. 

someone pls help me find this anime

Thank you, everyone, for contributing their time to my post, i finally found it after some time on MAL. its called Ankoku Shindenshou Takegami, you guys should give it a watch