A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd (Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]main_cg.thumb.jpg.f55d507aa08c7fa754773d30c48cb5c9.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The story is set at Shiomi Academy, a vast, prestigious academy with a Daitoshokan (literally, "great library") that rivals Japan's national library. As a member of the Library Club, Kyoutarou Kakei goes to Daitoshokan to enjoy reading by himself. He then meets a second-year girl named Tsugumi Shirasaki through the efforts of a so-called "shepherd" who fulfills people's wishes. Eventually, more girls join the club thanks to the "shepherd."

There have been quite a few anime this season that have taken a cliche idea, and put a spin on it, and this is definitely one of those anime. I really wasn't expecting anything at all from this, except for maybe dropping it halfway through. Turns out I was completely wrong, as its quite an enjoyable anime. While there are obviously too many harem members, I was rooting for Misono until this last episode where Kodachi just stole the spotlight completely.

This is just a guess, but I think that Kakei will transcend above a shepherd, and be able to make sure that people still remember him. Most likely Kodachi will become a shepherd as well, but will be forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 9

Pretty good, except that cat gets way too much screen time :P I really wonder if he will become a shepherd or not though, as he already has the ability to become one right now if he wanted. Also, really surprising that Kodachi is his sister.

[spoiler=Episode 11]This anime :angry: Seriously, I don't actually know what they have planned for the last episode, but it is so obvious, its painful. The event is going to be fixed, Shirasaki will be saved, and he will somehow undo his becoming a shepherd and stay in the library club with everyone else.

• Geano locked this topic