Popular Anime That You Couldn't Get Into

EnviousEnvy

Just as the topic says; what popular anime  (such as Bleach, One Piece, DBZ, etc.) series couldn't you get into? Do you have a particular reason why? State below 🔽 🔽

DBZ, I haven't really tried it but I have seen a bit; its funny, but not something I would really watch especially since it is so long. Vegeta is awesome though.

Naruto...  Seven Deadly Sins....

Actually, most mainstream action-based titles I avoid these days.  The fact that I picked up and enjoyed AoT was fairly surprising and so I give them extra points for pulling me in (even though the MC is really annoying at times).  I find most mainstream anime suffer horribly from lack of creativity, carbon copies of one another with the events in different orders and different names for the characters.

I also am not a fan of Evangelion, which I have been led to believe is extremely popular. 

One piece.

I think you need a lot of patience to watch that anime as for things to happen in that anime take time. So I only watched 50 episode out of 800 and gave up. 

I just didn’t have the patience to wait for things to happen so I skip episodes and that ruined it. 

I might try to watch it one more time. 

One anime that I thought I would love cause all my friends were raving about it at the time was fruits basket .. but I couldn’t get into. Just found it a bit dull and boring. Was thinking to give it another chance now but not sure... 🤔 

Edited by NG-Anime

@Wedgy

The anime - gurren laggan - is a anime where they don’t stop in a fight to talk to each other.  Overall this is a great anime. 

But I would recommend an anime where they stop in a fight to talk to each other. The anime is - Tokyo ghoul - . This is because the language they use to describe the taste of each other’s flesh is mad. 

Devilman Crybaby. 

I didn't like the artwork from the beginning, and I just couldn't get into the occult stuff. I wasn't sure how the "devil" portion would play into it, since often yokai is translated to "devil" when it's really quite different. I just don't tend to like occult themes. 

Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Inuyasha, Tokyo Ghoul, Pokémon, to name a few off the top of my head. 

Not sure why, just don’t like any of them. 

10 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

Devilman Crybaby. 

I didn't like the artwork from the beginning, and I just couldn't get into the occult stuff. I wasn't sure how the "devil" portion would play into it, since often yokai is translated to "devil" when it's really quite different. I just don't tend to like occult themes. 

I'll back you on this. For what little anime I get to watch, I'm open to experimenting as long as I have the accessibility and time (dodging two kids for some content and all.) So when a friend of mine on my team said they were watching it, but didn't think it was suitable for the trivia that we write, so I took it as a personal dare. Soon as they got to that club in the first episode, though, I was like, "Yeah, this is too whacked out."

She's told me after the fact how it all plays out and that the ending of the series is very satisfying. Tear-inducing, even. But getting to it is very taxing. Anyone here wanna back that claim up?

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, Part_time_anime said:

One piece.

I think you need a lot of patience to watch that anime as for things to happen in that anime take time. So I only watched 50 episode out of 800 and gave up. 

I just didn’t have the patience to wait for things to happen so I skip episodes and that ruined it. 

I might try to watch it one more time. 

Omg, I can't stand that series. I tried three times to get into One Piece but just couldn't do it. The first time I fell asleep, the second time I got into something else and third I complained the whole time to my fiance that I think it's boring (because for some reason that's his favorite series and he keeps trying to get me into it) until he let me do something else, lol.

I just don't understand the humor, the action was dull and the artwork I didn't much care for. Plus I thought it was too slow for my taste. 

• Like 1