What was your first anime ??

NG-Anime

My first ever anime was Orange ..which if you haven’t watched I would deffo recommend if you are a Silence voice or Your name fan ..curious to here your  first’s??? 

Edited by NG-Anime

Well mine is Death Note , a friend recommended it . after that i watched Code Geass and with that i started watching different anime and got addicted .

• Like 1

Hi , Death note is a good one .. I feel like it’s one that really sucks you in too ..I remember watching it all in one week ..needed to know what happened !!😳

Have been meaning to check out  Code Gease as it comes up as recommended after watch death note.

my second anime was Noragami which Is about gods.

• Like 1

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was the first one I watched and it's still one of my favorites! I was recommended various other anime series but wasn't impressed at all... except by Kill la Kill, which was the second anime I enjoyed and finished.

I watched a few episodes of Pokémon, DoReMi and some other stuff as a kid... but not much. I think I would have loved Mahou Shoujo series but was told I couldn't watch them because they were for girls. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cptlee39 said:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was the first one I watched and it's still one of my favorites!

That's such a wonderful first anime! I love this series. I've already introduced it to my older sister who is now obsessed, and am now in the process of showing it my younger sister.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

That's such a wonderful first anime! I love this series. I've already introduced it to my older sister who is now obsessed, and am now in the process of showing it my younger sister.

I agree, though at the same time it made it hard for a while to really enjoy anything else! Though I am blaming others for giving me some awful recommendations for a beginner. I managed to convince my mom to watch FMA:B with me and she loved it too, we have watched a couple anime together since. Sadly I couldn't convince my older sister, and I couldn't even convince my little niece to check out some age appropriate anime...

Looks like you're a lot better at shilling anime to others. :D 

I can't really answer your question because it depends on how one defines 'first.' For instance, the first anime I have ever seen with my eyes was either Inuyasha or Yu-Gi-Oh!. I watched them if they just so happened to be on the tv at the time, not really to watch it for the story or anything. The first anime I enjoyed was Naruto, however, again I never genuinely watched it. I saw a few here and there but not in order or anything. I was a kid at the time. The first anime I have successfully watched and completed with purposeful intent was SAO&GGO, I believe, which was a few years ago. If it wasn't SAO it was Kill la Kill, or Death Note. :3

On 5/4/2018 at 12:53 AM, Vivi Hyuuga said:

Orange is such an amazing anime! It really encouraged me to see it when I was in the middle of severe depression.

My first anime was Sword Art Online! People bash it a lot, but I still love it.

It truly was great 😁...I loves every single person in it they were just a cute group of friends .. I think tho my fav had to be Hagita.

who was yours ??

13 hours ago, NG-Anime said:

It truly was great 😁...I loves every single person in it they were just a cute group of friends .. I think tho my fav had to be Hagita.

who was yours ??

I couldn't choose a single favorite! But, top three would be Naho, Kakeru, and Suwa.

My first anime was Pokemon (if people still consider it to be an anime). I have a lot of memories linked to the show. However, there is one such memory I would like to share. Any other Pokemon fan remember the GS Ball?? If you do remember and wish to know what pokemon is inside it, just wait for a while. I am going to write a blog about it.

Image result for pokemon wallpaper

But the anime that set me on to the never-reverting-back path to becoming an Otaku is Death Note. This anime is a masterpiece and the first anime that I'd recommend to anyone new to anime. I still remember when my friend recommended this gem of an anime to me, and my first reaction being 'Dude, isn't anime for kids!?' (...ano baka!!). And I am so glad to have been proven wrong. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that one of the reasons I put up with the BS of my life is because of anime.

Image result for death note wallpaper

El Psy Congroo!

On 5/6/2018 at 12:53 AM, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I couldn't choose a single favorite! But, top three would be Naho, Kakeru, and Suwa.

Your right they are all pretty great ..have you heard about the Suwa spin off that’s going to come out I think November this year ?? Seems to be interesting.. 

2 hours ago, Hououin Kyouma said:

My first anime was Pokemon (if people still consider it to be an anime). I have a lot of memories linked to the show. However, there is one such memory I would like to share. Any other Pokemon fan remember the GS Ball?? If you do remember and wish to know what pokemon is inside it, just wait for a while. I am going to write a blog about it.

Image result for pokemon wallpaper

But the anime that set me on to the never-reverting-back path to becoming an Otaku is Death Note. This anime is a masterpiece and the first anime that I'd recommend to anyone new to anime. I still remember when my friend recommended this gem of an anime to me, and my first reaction being 'Dude, isn't anime for kids!?' (...ano baka!!). And I am so glad to have been proven wrong. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that one of the reasons I put up with the BS of my life is because of anime.

Image result for death note wallpaper

El Psy Congroo!

I am pretty new to anime but one of of friends was super into it and I used to be  that person who was like isn’t that for kids..now when someone says that I get a little mad. 

On 5/8/2018 at 5:54 AM, NG-Anime said:

Your right they are all pretty great ..have you heard about the Suwa spin off that’s going to come out I think November this year ?? Seems to be interesting.. 

No, I hadn't heard of that! I need this so badly, I'm so excited! Suwa was just such a great friend to both of them, putting their desires and needs above his own. He really watched out for everyone. I'm so happy to hear this!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

When I was younger I watched Pokemon and Digimon but the anime that really got me into anime was Fairy Tail (which I dropped after ep 175) and then I moved onto better anime.

16 hours ago, Ryuji said:

When I was younger I watched Pokemon and Digimon but the anime that really got me into anime was Fairy Tail (which I dropped after ep 175) and then I moved onto better anime.

I was obessed with digimon as a kid .. had the bracelet for years .. still catch myself singing the theme tune 🤣... I have heard quite a lot about Fairy Tail .. is it any good or does it drag .. 

52 minutes ago, NG-Anime said:

I was obessed with digimon as a kid .. had the bracelet for years .. still catch myself singing the theme tune 🤣... I have heard quite a lot about Fairy Tail .. is it any good or does it drag .. 

I'm not a good person to ask because I hate the main character of Fairy Tail, Lucy Heartfilia. It tries to be good. Some of the filler is awful....tbh, if you want to get into Fairy Tail, read the manga.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, Ryuji said:
On 5/10/2018 at 10:43 AM, NG-Anime said:

I'm not a good person to ask because I hate the main character of Fairy Tail, Lucy Heartfilia. It tries to be good. Some of the filler is awful....tbh, if you want to get into Fairy Tail, read the manga.

I resent this statement, but don't worry, I won't hold it against you. ;)

I absolutely love Fairy Tail, I'm working towards collecting the whole set... so far I think I have about twelve DVD sets for it. It may not be for everyone, which I can understand, but I highly recommend it and think it's a genuinely well-done anime. The manga is good, too!

10 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I resent this statement, but don't worry, I won't hold it against you. ;)

I absolutely love Fairy Tail, I'm working towards collecting the whole set... so far I think I have about twelve DVD sets for it. It may not be for everyone, which I can understand, but I highly recommend it and think it's a genuinely well-done anime. The manga is good, too!

Resent it all you want. Lucy Heartfilia is the worst character ever imo.

Remove two things and Fairy Tail would be great:
1) Lucy Heartfilia

2) The Butt Jiggle Gang

2 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

Resent it all you want. Lucy Heartfilia is the worst character ever imo.

Remove two things and Fairy Tail would be great:
1) Lucy Heartfilia

2) The Butt Jiggle Gang

1. Lucy Heartfilia is amazing, she's just misunderstood and underappreciated. But, you've missed out on a few of her best episodes since you stopped at episode 175. I don't know how you don't appreciate some of the episodes you have seen of her though, such as in the GMG arc!

2. The Butt Jiggle Gang is awful and needs to die.