Just something I noticed in Violet Evergarden

eCapter

Hey guys,

so first a spoiler warning: Warning, might contain minor or  major spoilers!

What i want to talk about are her hands. It happens several times that someone is blaming Violet for “using the very same hands that killed so many” to do something beautiful. The smartass in me then always thought “but hey they are not the same hands ;)” and Im sure the produces must have been aware, that people would think that, but I didn’t give much value to that, I just accepted it. But now I thought that maybe that was intentional? A hint for a symbol. She lost that evil, killing hands at the last battle and got new innocent ones to start a new innocent life, with her hands doing beautiful things. Like the evil killing machine literally fell apart from her.

Another thing is, that she first uses her mouth to pull off her gloves. Later its shown clearly that she suddenly changes her mind and starts using her hands to do that, as how its “normal”. First I thought that was just to show that she accepted her artificial hands as part of herself. But now I think that it might be supposed to show, that with accepting her peaceful hands, she also generally accepted her new peaceful life and allowing emotions as an alternative to the military life. I think it is also about the same time when she starts to do things less like a soldier.

So, does anybody else find this mentionable? Or did you find that so obvious that you noticed it right away?

MfG eCapter

I hadn't considered that, but I like it! 

As for pulling off the gloves with her hands vs. mouth, I'm not sure. She's obviously on the autistic spectrum, which I appreciate. And many autistics have mentioned they tend to put objects in their mouths like she does, such as with her pendant. 

I just love this series so much! I've introduced it to my younger sister, ENFP, and she was sobbing and telling me she hated me because it got her so emotional. lol