Hello everyone!

cptlee39

Hi!

My name is Lee, I am 24 years old and from Germany. My first anime was FMA:B which I still absolutely love, but besides Kill la Kill (which I also still like a lot), I couldn't really get into any other anime shows. That was until almost 2 years ago, when I rediscovered my love for anime with Cowboy Bebop, Madoka Magica and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I've been watching anime and reading manga regularly ever since. I'd love to talk more about anime and manga, but don't know any people who enjoy them in real life. The MAL Forums and /r/anime aren't really great places to have discussions (imho), so I hope this forum will be different! 

My favorites which I'd consider masterpieces are: Madoka Magica, Cowboy Bebop, Monster and Ping Pong The Animation. 
As for manga, I really loved Onanie Master Kurosawa and I'm a big fan of the Kaiji series (though I will probably take a break after the One Poker-hen ends).

If we're talking Visual Novels, I only read one so far and it is now one of my absolute favorite pieces of media: Umineko When They Cry. 

I also like D&D and Star Trek, which are probably my biggest passions right now. If you wanna chat about any of those (or something else completely), or have any questions you wanna ask, feel free to do so! I am currently watching a lot from this season, but I plan to dial it back a little bit after that. My PTW on MAL is rather big, even after I got rid of a lot of stuff... and I want to reduce the size of my Dropped-list too, by giving stuff a second chance. 

Edited by cptlee39

welcome to the forum.

if you want to see some anieme you have not seen yet, look at my list https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Akagi92

ps im huge fan of akagi and Kaiji anime but i seen  anime only

Edited by Misari

1 hour ago, Misari said:

welcome to the forum.

if you want to see some anieme you have not seen yet, look at my list https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Akagi92

ps im huge fan of akagi and Kaiji anime but i seen  anime only

Thanks, I usually have a look at people's lists to check out their favorites! I also loved Akagi. I can recommend picking up the Kaiji manga from where the anime left off. I read the chapters while listening to the Kaiji OST and it was pretty much just as epic as watching the anime! And if you've seen Akagi, you know enough about Mahjong to enjoy the third Kaiji installment (which is about a simplified Mahjong variant).

56 minutes ago, Glitter Spring said:

hi there welcome to the forum i hope that we can be friends soon

Since your occupation is "making friends", I am sure that won't be a problem. :D I looked up Glitter Force, it's an anime of the Pretty Cure franchise. I checked out one of those once and liked it a lot, but wasn't in the mood to continue... but it definitely seemed fun! I like Mahou Shoujo series, it's just that they are such a big time investment and can be a bit formulaic. That said, I just started watching Sailor Moon. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...