Digimon Adventure Tri. (2015)

EmperorQinmon

Nice song, but feels wrong as an ending theme to me. It just doesn't feel Digimonish to me. It also feels more like an insert theme.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ssjup81 It's as if every single tri. film will have its own ED, especially when

Reunion: I Wish ~tri.Version~

Determination: Seven ~tri.Version~

Confession: 「僕にとって」

I get that, but it still sounds more suitable as an insert theme as opposed to an ending theme.

Shouldn't that be "World on the Knife"? Or am I wrong, and that's what they were, and they became "Knife of Day"?

If that's the case, then their new name has lasted longer than their old one ;)!

So if this is going to be the ending to the third movie, is Keep On going to be the ending for the fourth ;)?

EDIT: Or it could be the ending to the sixth movie, "open" with a cover to one of the series endings, end with a cover to one of the series endings!

Edited by Guest

I get that, but it still sounds more suitable as an insert theme as opposed to an ending theme.

I've noticed that every ED song foreshadows a story element in the sequel film.

I Wish pertains to Meiko's acceptance into the 1999 group.

Seven foreshadows which partner Digimon will be infected.

I'm not making comments about 「僕にとって」 yet, because we all still haven't seen Confession.

I consider this a collective achievement for the entire Digimon fandom when the "Popular Uploads" section of Toei Animation's Official YouTube Channel exclusively has Digimon Adventure-related trailers as its Top 5.

CqLsQ0jVUAAog8k.thumb.jpg.8d9d688f32d5adefcc5dded3d6d2c6b9.jpg

Edited by Guest

I consider this a collective achievement for the entire Digimon fandom when the "Top Uploads" section of Toei Animation's Official YouTube Channel exclusively has Digimon Adventure-related trailers as its Top 5.

CqLsQ0jVUAAog8k.thumb.jpg.d9b26b704f64d6324f326a938325f5b1.jpg

That is awesome!

I've not "unwatched" this thread, but seems I've not received any announcements from it, via e-mail, strange!

I think I will avoid those spoilers, as there's still quite a bit of time before it's out on Crunchyroll, so don't want to depress myself, with the long wait!

After all, there's still a month (exactly) before Star Wars Rebels Series 3 is out, and Persona 5 is not out in the west until Valentine's Day, so I've already got those to "depress" myself with ;)!

• 2 weeks later...

So unlike the sub, the dub is still going with the original voices for the chosen children then?

Well..., I'm guessing, the name sounds familiar, however I do know that in Revenge of Diaboromon, Taichi received a new dub voice, as the original actor wasn't available, or something!

So unlike the sub, the dub is still going with the original voices for the chosen children then?

Well..., I'm guessing, the name sounds familiar, however I do know that in Revenge of Diaboromon, Taichi received a new dub voice, as the original actor wasn't available, or something!

I heard about Jason Spisak, the other dub actor for "Tai." Have no clue what he sounds like. I'm biased; I want Joshua Seth to always be "Tai." The nostalgia is too deep. I hope the dub for Tri gets posted online in a few weeks or less. I want to hear Joshua's voice again; it looks like it hasn't aged a bit!

As for the other original voice actors, I've heard a few names, like Jeff Nimoy for Tentomon. Should be fun to see how the actors bring Tri's dub to life.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems that the film was simulcast after all. It's up on Kissanime which means it had to have been taken from Crunchyroll for it to appear there.

Anyway, I saw the film in theaters yesterday and the gift with the movie ticket was a Meikomon card. Anywho,I liked this one best out of the ones we've gotten so far. It was pretty emotional, and felt bad for Takeru, but he was definitely showing off that "hope" trait that he's well-known for. "Zettai daijoubu" was pretty much his motto for this movie. Believing and hoping that nothing would go wrong, that Patamon and the others wouldn't become like Meikomon.

He noticed Patamon was infected when he hugged him and Patamon even lost control while he was hugging him and bit Takeru in his arm. Jou was nearby, but didn't see what was happening. Patamon then finally came back to his senses and didn't even realize what he'd one to Takeru nor did he remember it.

Takeru talked with Meiko quite a bit. She was the only one to know what Takeru was going through since she could relate.

Koushirou was stressing out the entire time and even got into an argument with Mimi over Meiko. He wanted answers and he wasn't being very sensitive to Meiko's feelings. Mimi called him out on that and they argued (both were right, though...Koushirou just needed to use tact in his approach) until Sora told them both to stop. For the rest of the film, Koushirou stayed in his office. He didn't even go back to school. I will assume his parents didn't realize he was gone all that time? Geez. He was desperate to figure out how to help the Digimon, cause of the infection, etc.

Later on, Hikari went into trance mode, and revealed to the Digimon a secret and how to kinda sorta beat their infection.

She mentioned that they would need to be rebooted or something like that.

. This part of the film, I need to watch again...so I shall definitely do so to catch all that I missed due to the explanations being confusing.

The Digimon then knew what had to be done. This was the sad part. The Digimon went to hang out with their human partners. Yamato was like, "Okay, what's going on?" to Gabumon. lol Taichi was pointing out how strange Agumon was acting. Stuff like that since everything was so sudden.

If rebooted, they won't remember their human partners and wanted to have one last day with them....but this also confused me, because it seems the kids were forgetting about them too after they did finally have their final battle with Meikomon

After all was said and done, the kids went on about their lives...

although, seems Koushirou wasthe only one who actually remembered what happened and their DIgimon friends.

Anyway, at the end, the kids go to the Digital World. Earlier, Takeru went to see Meiko and was explaining how they were all planning on going to the Digital World, but she refused...but at the last minute, changed her mind.

No, she doesn't go. The gate was closed when she arrived at the spot.

To open a gate, Koushirou was trying, but couldn't. "Villainessmon" (thank you for that name @senshikoi lol) showed up with Ken's D-terminal and D3. With that, they were able to open a gate and go through.

After they arrived, Jou was going on about how nostaligc it was being back in the Digital World. Jou also seemed to be the one saying, "Don't worry" or something like that, over being back. They went in search of their partners, but Hikari kept sensing something "wrong".

Kaiser Ken was watching them.

Anyway, they hears a whistle, followed the sound, and saw Tokomon blowing the whistle Hikari had originally given to Tailmon at the end of Adventure. Nyaromon was complaining that it was her whistle, but Tokomon was hogging it.

None of the Digimon knew who the kids were, so Koushirou took the initiative and introduced himself to them. Also watching them was Meikomon...but Meikomon seemed to have her memories intact and was wondering where Meiko was.

At the end, we see Kaiser Ken watching them.

Villainessmon showed up too. How she got to the Digital World is beyond me. Kaiser Ken then dropped his disguise. It was Gennai.

At the beginning, Takeru and Hikari went to Ken's place, but there was no answer. But man, that ending. Next movie features Sora with Hououmon. So, it's interesting. In Adventure, Jou and Mimi's Digimon first went to their perfect levels in the real world while everyone else's partners did so in the Digital World. For movie 2, their partners went ultimate in the real world. Just interesting....

Oh and we learn of how Meiko and Meikomon met and for one part, Meiko pointed out how motherly Sora was and Sora was all huffy about that. Reminds me of that Love Letter drama how they joked and said Sora was like an old woman because of how motherly she was.

So yeah, really liked this one.

Edited by Guest

Digimon Adventure tri.: Loss has been officially announced. February 25, 2017.

La-cuarta-OVA-de-Digimon-Adventure-tri.-se-estrenara%CC%81-el-25-de-febrero-682x1000.jpg

The fact that Agumon and Gabumon are no-shows already scream certain things.

Also, Mutsumi Tamura and Junya Enoki appeared at the Hiroshima screening of Confession.

CtLjxKyUIAAVwF1.jpg

Edited by Guest

"Villainessmon" (thank you for that name @senshikoi lol)

Well, I think you came up with Villainmon, I just suggested it should be Villainessmon, as she was a woman... or is she? These shapeshifting Digimon can be tricky, although if she is a Digimon, as they're technically genderless, then she isn't being tricky ;)!

Wow, that was quite a bit to get my head round, I think I'm going to actually have to watch it, and then report back, to attempt to answer any of your post :D!

Digimon Adventure tri.: Loss has been officially announced. February 25, 2017.

La-cuarta-OVA-de-Digimon-Adventure-tri.-se-estrenara%CC%81-el-25-de-febrero-682x1000.jpg

Well that's not a foreboding title ;)! So it appears it's only one Ultimate this time around (Sora and Phoenixmon)!

At first I didn't even see Taichi and Yamato there, with Sora, I actually only noticed Taichi after spotting Yamato!

So, Hikari and Orphanimon on the next poster, perhaps then!

Edited by Guest

I forgot to mention something. Yamato mentioned to Villainessmon that he and the others were worried about Ken. Hikari also seemed to show concern when they couldn't get him when going to his place. THANK YOU!!! lol It's not much, but it's something.

Okay, time to correct myself on some of the things I confused, starting with "memories"...

The kids weren't forgetting them...they were just trying really hard to move on without them. Koushirou just seemed the most adamant not to move on, though, and wanted to go to the Digital World, if I recall that correctly.

Infection....

I kind of brushed over this when writing my original post. Anyway, when Meiko first met Meikomon,

it looked like she had an infection even then. The infection actually came from Meikomon, and this was why Meiko felt she didn't deserve to go with the others to the DIgital World to see Meikomon since she still blamed herself for what happened and for what happened to the others who did get infected.

Oh something else I didn't go into more detail with that was kind of sad. As it said in the synopsis that I put up months ago, Koushirou kept the Digimon in the server in fear of them getting infected. Jou came in and saw how messy Koushirou's office was and started cleaning up...and noticed a zombie-like, dehydrated Koushirou at the computer. In a raspy voice....he said...."oolong...cha....oolong...cha...." lol! But seriously, Koushirou mentioned that he'd been trying to figure everything out since the school festival. Jou told him that he should rest and shower and all that stuff, and how he'd never get a girlfriend if he doesn't. Next scene, Koushirou is asleep. lol So anyway, Takeru came in and Patamon left the area to join him. The other Digimon were like, "Screw this, we want to come out too. It's safe. Koushirou is asleep...he can't yell at us." :P lol This part I didn't mention above, as I'd forgotten to. Takeru wanted to take Patamon with him. Jou was like, "No, you can't," but Patamon made a fuss about it and he let him go. Later on, you find out that Koushirou was furious (not shown, but relayed to us by Jou. The other Digimon wanted to hang with their partners too, so Koushirou had Jou go and talk to the others about what they should do. They then all agreed (Jou's idea) that their partners remain and Koushirou's during school, and that they can pick them up after and take them home.

Yamato noticed how strange Takeru was acting during this meeting. He seemed distant.

So anyway, the sad part.

Patamon realizing that he was infected and, with a smile and innocent eyes, told Takeru to take him out if he gets violent or loses himself. Takeru started to cry and decided that he wasn't going to tell anyone. Patamon figured something was up since Takeru was so adamant on taking him home.

. Yamato came over to his place later with Gabumon. Takeru figured he'd had "another fight with Taichi". Yamato was like, "No!" "Oh, so you had a fight with Sora-san?" lol Then Takeru started listing off others, "Jou-san, Mimi-san?" lol Yamato was like, why would people think he'd gotten into an argument with someone. "It's your personality." Gabumon agreed with that! But anyway, Yamato was there because he figured something was up with Takeru based on how he was acting earlier. At first, it looked like Takeru was going to "confess". He was all serious...until he said,

I'm worried that you'll break up this band like you did the last one.

Yamato's reaction was priceless and even in the theater, I was laughing at that as were others. Patamon looked relieved.

You know, I never did mention the big battle for this episode, but before that, I want to mention the time each Digimon was spending with their partners....Sora and Jou specifically. Oh and my favorite Chosen for this film, was definitely Jou. Anywho, Jou was going on about that "girlfriend" he supposedly has with Gomamon. He's really hung up over her. He mentioned that he should "introduce" his two partners to one another, since the other will maybe, hopefully someday become his "permanent partner". Jou's already thinking about marriage. Gomamon was like, "What should I wear?" It was too cute, until Gomamon said he had a question, and burst Jou's bubble, "Is she a real person?" Poor Jou. Why can't he have a girlfriend? lol

With Sora, Piyomon was asking what Sora wanted to do in the future. She said she wasn't sure given how she's still young and have school left and stuff. The other time, Piyomon pointed out that Sora always puts others before herself. Sora jokingly declared that she's the mother of the Chosen Children. lol Too cute. I think this is going to play a role in the upcoming film. I can't figure out how...but that's just my assumption and gut feeling. It was pointed out by Meiko how motherly she is, Sora acted that way throughout the film, Sora mentioned (all huffy like) how Taichi always says that she's like that, Piyomon does, etc., so...yeah, I think that's going to come into play next movie.

Okay, the battle...but before that and Hikari's message,

THe Digimon snuck out to talk and Patamon confessed to them that he was infected and that if it comes to it, to just kill him and how he'd rather it be them than anyone else and to not tell their partners or Koushirou about it.

When Meikomon came back and all the Digimon were righting her to try and get her back through the gate, Takeru didn't want to let Patamon fight. The others were, though and Koushirou and Tentmon weren't there yet. When Patamon did fight and evolve to Angemon,

he was okay for a while, until the infection overtook him and he started to fight against the others. The others also started to show more signs of the infection and it got to the point where only Greymon (who did eventually evolve to Metal Greymon) wasn't infected, which is surprising since he was the second to show signs of infection after Patamon. Koushirou soon joined. He said that he created a back up space with the Digimon's old data, so they would have to get into that space before everything reboots and erase them....or something.

Tentomon went to help, evolved to AtlurKabuterimon....

but the others beat him down badly....

and then he eventually went to his ultimate. This felt more like convenience again. I did like his speech and stuff, but it felt like Rosemon all over again for me.

Still, so far to me, Jou and Gomamon's evo to Vikemon was best because of the emotional connection involved between them. I didn't feel that with Mimi and Palmon and I didn't get that with Koushirou and Tentomon, but I have a feeling that we will with Sora and Piyomon.

Edited by Guest

Still not watched it yet, not sure if I will get the chance until Tuesday, I'm running super behind on some stuff!

That said, it looks like this must be a longer movie than the other two, as I think Crunchyroll has split it into five parts, rather than the "usual" four!

• Geano locked this topic