Digimon Adventure Tri. (2015)

EmperorQinmon

Chapter 3: Confession/Kokuhaku was awesome!! But holy s--- at the cliffhanger at the end!!

P.S. I saw the 'Reunion' dub in the theaters!! It had an epic turnout. Which is good news for the franchise. Some people think that Digimon has lost its fire (popularity) but I saw otherwise in that theaters. It has to be a great movie if the fans applaud various scenes. What anime does that? Digimon.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The film itself since no one else has discussed it much, like likes, dislikes, etc.

I know that @senshikoi hasn't yet.

You wound me m'lady *staggers backwards, as if shot through the chest*!

I've only just watched it now, for some reason I've been putting it off, maybe it was, I just wanted time to watch it, and then comment straight after, who knows!

I must say, I wasn't a fan of this movie! Anyway, I will now comment on your first post from 25 September:

[spoiler=Responses to Post 1]Wow, Patamon... Yandere much? What was with the happiness of being infected? I know to lock my meat cleaver in the draw when you're round in the house, not that I have a meat cleaver: one, I would be too effing scared to use it, and two, I'm vegetarian ;)!

I know Patamon was fighting back the tears a couple of second later on, but before then, I was scared that a Yandere Patamon might come out of the television!

I personally don't know why Takeru told Meiko that Patamon had been infected, however yeah, I can see what you're saying about someone who knows what you're going through, someone to talk to, support you, etc.!

Instead of their usual methods, the "unknown entity" decides to take control of Hikari via technology which actually made me think of a line in Batman Begins; "Over the ages, our weapons have grown more sophisticated. With Gotham, we tried a new one: Economics." (Rha's Al Ghul)!

With these scenes, I thought the conversation made reference to the emergence of a Digital God, however, as Digimon Gods have already featured in the Adventures Universe, perhaps I am mistaken with the conversation's direction!

I'm sure Koushiro's parents were aware he hadn't been to school, or home, they just understand that he is working hard on something, although yeah, you'd think they'd have dropped round the office, rather than Jou having to come in and play the role of his "mother"!

Yeah, as you mention in your later post, it is more so the chosen children moving on *starts singing "Moving On - AiM"*, rather than forgetting, however there are some series in which the removal of element "x" from an equation, would result in "y" and "z" loosing their memory pertaining to them... I'm probably thinking of time travel!

Personally I thought Hikari sensed the glitches in the Matrix Digital World which, is what she was commenting was wrong, and I thought it was more than just Hikari that noticed, but I'd have to re-watch, although as I mentioned, I wasn't a fan, so not sure when I will :D!

I am slowly starting to agree with you that Himekawa could be evil, I mean was that a smile or a smirk when she was in the Digital World, and Gennai revealed himself to her?

Sora getting all huffy over the mother comment was pretty cute! I think we got an Instrumental of Butterfly in that scene too, although, if that's the case, I think it features quite often in the movies, it's just it doesn't quite play the same way as the original song!

Just noticed that my attempt to sound like Golem, was marred by the fact I put the correct spelling [tricky], rather than the Golem spelling [tricksy], so just to say it again, it should be:

"These shapeshifting Digimon [Villainessmon] can be tricksy, although if she is a Digimon, as they're technically genderless, then she isn't being tricksy ;)!"

It's a good job I mentioned that Taichi and Yamato feature in the next poster, along with Sora, as I didn't noticed them when I glanced at the poster again!

So with Mugendramon on the next poster, do you think that the Dark Masters are back?

Oh, oh, oh, have they rewinded time to the point of when the Dark Masters were first defeated by the first chosen children?

Which means that they are their own grandparents the second chosen children AND the first chosen children, that saved the Digital World!

Now for the second post from 25 September:

[spoiler=Responses to Post 2]It seems to go against my theory that the Infection was caused by "Hypnos Prime"! Although it's interesting that Meicoomon knew who Meiko was, when meeting for the first time, however thinking about that, I think it is the same for not just the main chosen children in the series, but others as well, Ogawa... if I've got the name right!

Interesting how Meiko's Digivice had a big cross on the screen, like "beware plague", when Meicoomon appeared! Also speaking of "Hypnos Prime", it seems that Hackmon is working for them, unless he's working for Alphamon, but I think it's "Hypnos Prime"! I'm also wondering with this revelation that Meicoomon is the origin of the Infection, whether this makes Alphamon, an anti-hero!

That's quite true, it only took about 4 hours and 22 minutes to acknowledge the 02 chosen children, however even then, they didn't do much, I mean does it not seem strange that no-one was answering at the Ichijouji Residence? Would you not try more than once? Did they not think to check on Daisuke, Miyako or Iori?

To further this, no-one enquired about Ken's D3 that Himekawa had, I mean surely there should have been questions of "Why do you have that?", or "You've seen Ichijouji then?"

I noticed in the scenes when Yamato calls round to see Takeru, Takeru calls Yamato "Aniki" which, I don't think he usually does, but then perhaps I'm used to the original series, as I believe Takeru calls Yamato "oni-chan" in that! I'm now trying to think what Takeru calls Yamato in 02, and in the other -tri- movies, I think "nii-san" for -tri- at least, but I could be wrong!

It was quite cute with Sora ringing round the other chosen children, to check that they were ok!

I think Jou was even baiting the hook earlier (when he was in a happy mood), with Koushiro, hoping Koushiro would ask about his girlfriend!

The fact that the Digimon snuck out of the office actually annoyed me, it was just like reckless abandon, although I guess you could argue that they have child-like minds, I mean, even the evolutionary stage (for most of them) is a hint to that, child level!

Another thing that annoyed me was the amount of times Agumon brought up food, or if something was edible... he wasn't that bad was he?

I liked how Himekawa swooped in to catch Hikari, like "Himekawa catch!" For some reason my glasses became rose tinted, even though I didn't feel that any yuri was happening! That said however, when Tailmon says that she's got something to say, I'm sure she was directing it at Himekawa, although apparently not, as she doesn't talk about it, until she's left!

Tailmon also has the claws out for Himekawa, asking if she can really trust Himekawa with Hikari (taking her to the hospital)!

I was surprised of Tailmon's evolution to Angewomon, that said, I'm now trying to remember if any of the others evolved to Perfect (without it being a step onto Ultimate) in the previous movies! Also I seemed to have missed when MetalGreymon evolved into WarGreymon, and also how that happened, unless Infected Digimon can evolve on their own which, begs the question, why didn't any of the others evolve to Ultimate?

I personally would have thought that the Holy Ring would have protected Angewomon from infection, however if that was the case, I guess Orphanimon would have been on the movie poster!

Also I was confused on the Back-Up Space's effectiveness, as it did not seem like MetalGreymon or Kabuterimon made any REAL effort to get the others into the Back-Up Space!

I didn't feel Rosemon was a convenient evolution, however I agree here with HerculesKabuterimon, this one definitely felt convenient to me too!

Ok, so my own points I will raise, that haven't been covered by SSJUP81:

• Himekawa knew, that Meicoomon was being targetted? Wait, did I already know this? Don't think I did!
  • Yamato blushes when he tells Taichi as other chosen children can obtain Ultimate, there will be less reliance on Omegamon!
  • Meiko has parents!? I thought she was an orphan financially supported by Himekawa, or something!
  • Mimi kisses Meiko on the cheek? I thought Mimi went to America, not mainland Europe ;)!
  • Yamato is not a person by a treeless plain (tundra), according to Mimi!
  • L's voice changer, available a dime a dozen, get yours now, and create an annonymous video today!
  • Digimon pop up during the glitch, in the scene with the aeroplane?

• YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!! It was AlturKabuterimon that said it, not Meicoomon, as I previously thought!
  • Another Butterfly featured before the chosen children departed for the Digital World!

Right then, lastly:

I wanna point out the codes are back to binary.

What did you mean by that?

I noted that the infection was changing 1 and 0 (as used in a binary number system) into 2 which, is linked to two (such as binary star), and that binary features in the evolutions, but did you mean something else?

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

What did you mean by that?

I noted that the infection was changing 1 and 0 (as used in a binary number system) into 2 which, is linked to two (such as binary star), and that binary features in the evolutions, but did you mean something else?

Never mind; trinary is still featured on the Loss poster.

Also, have you noticed how Taichi and Yamato are both without Agumon and Gabumon?

The way they're going around the Digimon Emperor bit is driving me crazy. It was ___ all along? Or was it a shape-shifter? I want more! My guess is it's Alphamon creating a perfect illusion, pun intended, to confuse the chosen ones! Maybe, maybe not!

Secondly, I wonder what the creators are implying by titling Chapter 4 as 'Loss.' Please, don't let it be one of the chosen ones that gets written out of the series. That would be unforgiveable!!

Never mind; trinary is still featured on the Loss poster.

Also, have you noticed how Taichi and Yamato are both without Agumon and Gabumon?

I think you're tri-ing to hard :D! You know, when I first read your post, but didn't have the time to reply to it, I'm sure I had something to say about the poster, but I seem to have forgotten what that was now!

With Digimon Adventure -tri- Movie 1's release date edging closer here in the UK, it appears that the distributor, Manga Entertainment has decided to drum up interest by releasing the first series on DVD!!

I think this is the first time that the whole series has been released on DVD over here, the other time (or times?) the releases, it stalled after releasing a couple of volumes!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
New film came out yesterday. What did you think of it?

LOSS was great (except I did not like the main Digimon losing their memories or Dark Gennai, who licks people), but I want to move on to the fifth film UNION. I want the possibilities that they find the 02 chosen children somewhere in the Digi-World. :)

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

Saw the trailer, want to see the ending. And my bad. Movie 5's called 'Symbiosis,' not 'Union,' as was previously announced earlier this year. As for what I saw, seeing Tai's goggles on the ground totally makes me want to see what happened to him. We've never really seen Tai get extremely hurt, and I hope that's not the case. Also, what's going on with Kari in the clip is weird.

Should be a good film (which comes out September 30th, btw!!).

No shame in plugging here at Anime Forums. lol

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1

• Geano locked this topic