Digimon Adventure Tri. (2015)

EmperorQinmon

Okay, so a recap on what we know so far. There will be a new Digimon Adventure anime series coming out next year. It will focus on the original 8; specifically Taichi Yagami, 4 years after Digimon Adventure 02. There is a official site were you can click on a "Digi-Tama" and after enough clicks new info will "hatch". The first egg was hatched while X Evo Forums was still around, but since then the second egg has hatched, giving silhouettes of all the original 8 Chosen Children 4 years older.

Digimon Adventure Site: http://digimon-adventure.net/

Digi-Tama #1(Introduction): http://digimon-adventure.net/announcement/announcement_eng_0901.html

Digi-Tama #2(Character Silhouettes): http://digimon-adventure.net/announcement/announcement_eng_1110.html

• Winner 1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, instead of 03, the enumeration is spelled out? Wow.

Also, that poster implies that Mimi and the rest of the Tachikawa family went home to Japan, given the respective blazer's color she's wearing is the same as Koushiro, Sora, Yamato and Taichi.

In addition, Joe's blazer implies he's a university-level student.

Though uh Takeru... you look a bit off. Slightly emo, am I the only one noticing it?

Also, this: http://digimon-adventure.net/announcement/announcement_1213.html

Can someone get us a translation?

Remember though, Takeru had been through a lot, to the point it's logical to say he still has PTSD about losing Patamon back in 1999, in-universe.

Remember though, Takeru had been through a lot, to the point it's logical to say he still has PTSD about losing Patamon back in 1999, in-universe.

I just think it would be ironic if he became an emo during his Highschool days. Maybe that's why he and Hikari seemingly got together, :P

Finally, a place to discuss this upcoming series. Man, I'm so looking forward to it! I'm glad Mimi's backj to. She originally had to move because of her father's temporary transfer. I figured they wouldn't keep her there for a long time as it was only just a job transfer.

I hope that they do something with Demon this series or maybe the Dark World or Dagomon. I'm also looking forward to some Koushirou and Mimi interaction. ^^;

Basically, instead of 03, the enumeration is spelled out? Wow.

Also, that poster implies that Mimi and the rest of the Tachikawa family went home to Japan, given the respective blazer's color she's wearing is the same as Koushiro, Sora, Yamato and Taichi.

In addition, Joe's blazer implies he's a university-level student.

Actually, Jou would be a high school student, not a university student. In 02, he was in his last year of junior high school, but he went to a private school. He was taking the entrance exam, if I recall correctly, for it in movie 2 and that's the reason why, in Adventure, he went to cram school/juku. He was a very serious student. Taichi, Sora, Yamato, and Koushirou went to Odaiba Junior High, which was a public school. It wouldn't surprise me if for the upcoming series, he's attending a high-ranking private school again given his future ambitions of becoming a doctor and the fact that his family is decent financially.

Anyway, for the 03 set up, the kids would be...

Hikari/Takeru: 14 (second year of junior high school)

Koushirou/Mimi: 16 (first year of high school)

Taichi/Sora/Yamato: 17 (second year of high school)

Jou: 18 (third/final year of high school)

University students generally don't wear uniforms. Uniforms are only mandatory in Japan for junior high and senior high school students. As for elementary school kids, only private or high-ranking schools have uniforms (hence Ken in 02).

Finally, a place to discuss this upcoming series. Man, I'm so looking forward to it! I'm glad Mimi's backj to. She originally had to move because of her father's temporary transfer. I figured they wouldn't keep her there for a long time as it was only just a job transfer.

I hope that they do something with Demon this series or maybe the Dark World or Dagomon. I'm also looking forward to some Koushirou and Mimi interaction. ^^;

Actually, Jou would be a high school student, not a university student. In 02, he was in his last year of junior high school, but he went to a private school. He was taking the entrance exam, if I recall correctly, for it in movie 2 and that's the reason why, in Adventure, he went to cram school/juku. He was a very serious student. Taichi, Sora, Yamato, and Koushirou went to Odaiba Junior High, which was a public school. It wouldn't surprise me if for the upcoming series, he's attending a high-ranking private school again given his future ambitions of becoming a doctor and the fact that his family is decent financially.

Anyway, for the 03 set up, the kids would be...

Hikari/Takeru: 14 (second year of junior high school)

Koushirou/Mimi: 16 (first year of high school)

Taichi/Sora/Yamato: 17 (second year of high school)

Jou: 18 (third/final year of high school)

University students generally don't wear uniforms. Uniforms are only mandatory in Japan for junior high and senior high school students. As for elementary school kids, only private or high-ranking schools have uniforms (hence Ken in 02).

Thanks for the correction on the uniforms.

I wonder what new enemies Toei Animation reveal for tri.

In addition, more interaction between Koushiro and Mimi to the point they become an official couple.

Thanks for the correction on the uniforms
No problem, and to add on, junior high school kids don't have to test into the schools, unless it's a private school, hence how I knew Jou was in a private school for 02. You only test into high schools and universities in Japan because neither are mandatory to attend. After junior high school, you can quit. It's not very common, but it's still a possibility.

Oh yeah, there is also the possibility that the private school Jou attended in 02 is the same school he's in for this upcoming series. His school jacket is blue, as was his jacket for 02. He could be in one of those rank up type schools. One that holds junior and senior high and has a connection to a university. If that's the case, then he wouldn't have had to worry about high-school entrance exams for 02 because he'd automatically go to the next year and enter the school's high-school section.

I was thinking about it and seems if "real life" stuff gets in the way, the characters that would be most busy with school-related stuff would be, probably (and if the 02 kids are shown)...

Takeru/Ken/Daisuke

Miyako

Koushirou/Mimi

Jou

In Japan it's mandatory for junior-high-school kids to join a school club. Sports clubs are the most time-consuming. Takeru likes basketball, Daisuke was already in a soccer club in elementary school, and I could see Ken also being in a soccer club. This also explains why in 02 we saw Koushirou more than Taichi and Yamato more than Sora. Koushirou and Yamato didn't have sports clubs (computer/music). Taichi and Sora had soccer and tennis. Koushirou and Yamato would've had a lot more free time in comparison.

Miyako would be in her last year of junior high school so she'd be preparing for the entrance exams at some point.

Koushirou and Mimi would be first years, so a lot of testing.

Jou would be preparing for university.

I wonder what new enemies Toei Animation reveal for tri.
I'd be glad if they brought back an older villain. I really really would love some kind of story pertaining to Demon. For 02, I was highly interested in the character since he seemed to do his own thing.
In addition, more interaction between Koushiro and Mimi to the point they become an official couple.
That would be nice, eh? Koumi is my OTP period of any "ship" that I like of any fandom. Seriously! I just super love it to death! Okay, death is extreme, but I am a huge fan of it. I even found a Japanese doujinshi comic book of it, but I had it imported when living stateside so...it's there someplace. Friendship or potential pairing of them, I love.

I still like Adventure ep 10 (the labyrinth one). I really liked that episode because it did something that has never been done with the other characters. Koushirou was paired with Palmon and Mimi with Tentomon and both were trying to get each child to understand the other. I just found that ironic that this was even done.

I'm also a huge fan because of the loveletter drama that was put out during Adventure that took place in the Digital World. Koushirou writing a loveletter, getting caught, trying to get out of saying who the letter is for, trying to run away, the other kids tying him up while discussing it and deducing, and everyone (minus Hikari) thinking the letter was for Mimi and Mimi not minding this. Too bad we never found out who it was for. He did tell Tentomon, but his laptop beeped when he said it, so it was like, "beeep"-san. It's an ambiguous answer, given that he uses the "san" honorific with all the Adventure girls (Sora, Mimi, Hikari). In 02, he used "kun" with Miyako. The interesting thing about this drama is that this was done because of fan requests from the Japanese fans at the time. They wanted a drama about these two and "maybe Hikari"...so yeah, Mimi/Koushirou/Hikari love triangle. Also, out of the Adventure/02 pairings, this is the only one done, to my knowledge, just from fan reuqests.

Okay, I'm rambling on way too much. Sorry. ^^; I just LOVE Koumi. I still say the 02 epilogue, Koushirou and Mimi looked like an actual family together with their kids. I know it's not canon, but still can't help but wonder if that was intentional.

• Like 1

1. No problem, and to add on, junior high school kids don't have to test into the schools, unless it's a private school, hence how I knew Jou was in a private school for 02. You only test into high schools and universities in Japan because neither are mandatory to attend. After junior high school, you can quit. It's not very common, but it's still a possibility.

Oh yeah, there is also the possibility that the private school Jou attended in 02 is the same school he's in for this upcoming series. His school jacket is blue, as was his jacket for 02. He could be in one of those rank up type schools. One that holds junior and senior high and has a connection to a university. If that's the case, then he wouldn't have had to worry about high-school entrance exams for 02 because he'd automatically go to the next year and enter the school's high-school section.

I was thinking about it and seems if "real life" stuff gets in the way, the characters that would be most busy with school-related stuff would be, probably (and if the 02 kids are shown)...

Takeru/Ken/Daisuke

Miyako

Koushirou/Mimi

Jou

In Japan it's mandatory for junior-high-school kids to join a school club. Sports clubs are the most time-consuming. Takeru likes basketball, Daisuke was already in a soccer club in elementary school, and I could see Ken also being in a soccer club. This also explains why in 02 we saw Koushirou more than Taichi and Yamato more than Sora. Koushirou and Yamato didn't have sports clubs (computer/music). Taichi and Sora had soccer and tennis. Koushirou and Yamato would've had a lot more free time in comparison.

Miyako would be in her last year of junior high school so she'd be preparing for the entrance exams at some point.

Koushirou and Mimi would be first years, so a lot of testing.

Jou would be preparing for university.

2. I'd be glad if they brought back an older villain. I really really would love some kind of story pertaining to Demon. For 02, I was highly interested in the character since he seemed to do his own thing.That would be nice, eh?

3. Koumi is my OTP period of any "ship" that I like of any fandom. Seriously! I just super love it to death! Okay, death is extreme, but I am a huge fan of it. I even found a Japanese doujinshi comic book of it, but I had it imported when living stateside so...it's there someplace. Friendship or potential pairing of them, I love.

I still like Adventure ep 10 (the labyrinth one). I really liked that episode because it did something that has never been done with the other characters. Koushirou was paired with Palmon and Mimi with Tentomon and both were trying to get each child to understand the other. I just found that ironic that this was even done.

I'm also a huge fan because of the loveletter drama that was put out during Adventure that took place in the Digital World. Koushirou writing a loveletter, getting caught, trying to get out of saying who the letter is for, trying to run away, the other kids tying him up while discussing it and deducing, and everyone (minus Hikari) thinking the letter was for Mimi and Mimi not minding this. Too bad we never found out who it was for. He did tell Tentomon, but his laptop beeped when he said it, so it was like, "beeep"-san. It's an ambiguous answer, given that he uses the "san" honorific with all the Adventure girls (Sora, Mimi, Hikari). In 02, he used "kun" with Miyako. The interesting thing about this drama is that this was done because of fan requests from the Japanese fans at the time. They wanted a drama about these two and "maybe Hikari"...so yeah, Mimi/Koushirou/Hikari love triangle. Also, out of the Adventure/02 pairings, this is the only one done, to my knowledge, just from fan reuqests.

Okay, I'm rambling on way too much. Sorry. ^^; I just LOVE Koumi. I still say the 02 epilogue, Koushirou and Mimi looked like an actual family together with their kids. I know it's not canon, but still can't help but wonder if that was intentional.

1. Thanks for the added insight about Japanese education; given how Miyako is close and communicates to both Koushirou and Mimi, I easily see her and Ken become a family friend to both Koushiro and Mimi.

2. Might as well bring the entire Seven Super Demon Lords to the fray, then have a build up to Millenniummon and integrate the events of the Wonderswan games.

3. Digimon Adventure episode 10 is one of my favorite episodes too, as it showed fleshed out characterizations of two characters that actually established interactions between two completely different characters.

In addition, when Mimi visited her fellow Original 8 during the events of Revenge of Diaboromon, she went directly for Koushiro and watched the online rematch between Omegamon and Diaboromon with him exclusively.

Looks like even Japan and the USA actually agree with this pairing, to the point that Hikari would get served into a red herring at best and have Koushirou x Mimi become canon. Now, I just hope the writing staff in Japan actually make it happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic