Open Club  ·  45 members

Visual Novels

What was the first Visual Novel you ever read?

Ryuji

As the title says, "What was the first Visual Novel you ever read?"

The first Visual Novel I ever read was Rewrite back in 2015. It was fantastic.

It was some free game I found online called "don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story". It was pretty great. Really made me interested in more visual novels. Also are you suppoed to say you "read" or "play" a visual novel?

15 minutes ago, BurnsyCEO said:

It was some free game I found online called "don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story". It was pretty great. Really made me interested in more visual novels. Also are you suppoed to say you "read" or "play" a visual novel?

I think either way is correct.

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Decimo said:

If it counts as a VN in your eyes, then the DanganRonpa franchise.

DanganRonpa is definitely a VN.

My first pure Visual Novel was Steins;Gate.

Haven't actually read the VN for Steins;Gate yet but I love the anime. I may get it on Switch.

Rewrite was my second I believe, great VN btw.

Have you read any of Key's other VNs? Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters, Harmonia  or Planetarian? (I've read all the ones I've listed except for Air which I'm hoping will be released on Steam in the future)

The VN for S;G adds so much detail that it isn't even funny. I think you'll really enjoy it once you give it a go.

Besides Rewrite I also have Little Busters, but I haven't touched it yet. I watched the anime adaptation for it a few years back, but I've been meaning to play it lol.

I've been playing other series so I haven't really touched or acquired other Key games.

I just finished the first Grisaia VN last month, and I adore the Majikoi franchise. 

first VN: Little busters~!, have yet to read Ex, since im on the lazy-side of re-reading vn's, (and would rather read new visual novel's, as my time is more on school/drawing q^q)

after LB, i just started reading allot of visual novel's, -- be it an erogeneous one, or a SFW one, as a somewhat rule to me, if it contains r18 content, ill grab the r18 uncensor patch, rather than the censored patch, it feels a waste, since translators worked on the NSFW scenes too totally nothing else and or behind the scenes to this

on the side note, my last visual novel read was magical marriage: march (or lunatics, if you want the english name), i somewhat liked the concept of the story/characters, thus i so enjoyed reading it,

next on my list of ever growing visual novels to read: tayutama; wagamama high spec; chrono clock. and grisaia series (aside from eden)  (not including the 4-10 hour vn's)

things im in the middle of reading/stopped for now due to school; koiken otome; and fureraba, (still not including the short vn's)

The first VN I ever read was Clanned, but only the first one I need to finish the series still. It was a case of oh shiny then moved on per say. Though I do have plans to go back, and finish it out. I did enjoy the anime so ya.