Open Club  ·  45 members

Visual Novels

Symphonic Rain

Ryuji

97ef8437287d8d6aa19d7f44baa38cbba34cea6c

Symphonic Rain takes place in a fictional city of apparently Italian heritage, where rain falls everyday. The locals there have adapted to this peculiar phenomenon, and carry on with their lives as if the rain was never there. No one takes an umbrella, no one wears a rain coat.

The main character of the story is 17 year old Chris, a Fortelle student of the famous Piova Communal School of Music (Scuola Comunale di Musica Piova, in Italian). Separated from his childhood sweetheart Arietta when he left his home town for the city, he keeps in touch with her through the means of weekly letters. Penning their thoughts on those letters, Chris treasures and keeps her weekly writings, for he had promised her that should his drawer become totally filled with them, he would return to her.

The game starts during Chris's third year as a student, a few months before he has to take the school's final graduation examination: a staged performance. As an instrumentalist, he is required to search for a vocalist partner before he is eligible for the examination.

Symphonic is a fantastic VN filled with the most beautiful music to ever pass my ears.

Edited by Ryuji
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, drill said:

Only problem with this VN was the sound mini games which you can at least turn on auto though.  Everything else was amazing 😄

The minigame was great...just really hard on some of the songs.

1 minute ago, drill said:

You mean like all of them xP

Nope xP I mean all of them except for Lise's. I turned off auto and still got the good ending. Her song is the easiest.

• 3 months later...

I've started replaying Symphonic Rain and I'm still absolutely captivated by it. Easily the best VN on the planet. It's on the same level as Key's VNs for me....and that's saying something.

This is yet another I must play. The art is adorable, and I'm ok with lower quality audio. The art more then makes up for it.

Also dose this have more then one volume.

Edited by ArchieKun