What was the first manga you read

Nukemsloth

In terms of full manga... or more than maybe 2-3 chapters... probably Horimiya. I'm not too sure, even though it was only like 2 years ago. But in terms of just reading a manga for 1 or 2 chapters, definitely Code Geass's manga adaptation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As it was my dad who infected me with love for manga dragonball was the first thing to do. I remember sitting and reading to me in the evenings. I was delighted with the pictures as they were. The first manga I read myself was Chugo Chara. And although it was a long time ago, the sentiment remained and to this day it is Chungo Chara that is my favorite. I love to come back to her every now and then and although I know her by heart, I love her completely! Every time I enjoy it as much as the first time

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, falcon1212 said:

It may be embarassing for me to say this, but it was to love-ru which i read when i was still in middle school

don't be embarrassed... It just says that you are a man of culture 👍

But the first manga I ever read was naruto

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The first manga I ever read was back when I was in 4th grade, my elementary library would let us borrow books every week so one day I was exploring the library for new books on insects but I stumbled upon a small rotating rack with all manga on it. The first one I picked up was Tokyo Mew Mew, I was so fascinated by the art work on the cover I completely forgot I was looking for books on insects lol. So I grabbed that one and Kingdom of Hearts manga as hell. 

A62B1758-773D-46A9-B18B-07A63C2897FC.webp

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

An issue of Shonen Jump that my sister bought me for a birthday present. It's one of the last things she ever bought me, so it means a lot to me. It's got several different manga in it, including some color Bleach manga. To this day, it's probably my most cherished gift I ever got from my big sister before she passed away. That's what my first manga was, a Shonen Jump issue. Not as concise as the rest of the answers but I hope it still counts. :)

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

On 10/20/2022 at 3:43 AM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I only starting reading manga this year, but the first manga I read was Noragami, it's really good 😻😻

An awesome start to the Manga journey!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me it had to be around 1998 or so? Got issues of Dragon Ball Z and Ramna 1/2. These were the monthly Viz releases, only two chapters at a time, flipped left to right and stretched out a bit. Basically they made to fit in with any Western comic book issue at the time. I was already following the anime for Dragon Ball and having issues of the manga helped me catch up especially on episodes on the TV show I missed. Ramna I was mostly confused about by jumping right into the middle of at the time but I came to appreciate it later. I think I shortly after started to find more manga with a few issues of Mixx Magazine and more Viz manga with No Need for Tenchi but things hadn't QUITE reached the proper Tokyo Pop boom and explosion of manga's popularity in the US just yet.

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...