What was the first manga you read

Nukemsloth

I was really never into manga before, but I'm beginning to produce interests for the things.. For the question it was Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.. 

I think it was a old Gundam manga, when I didn't really know what manga was. It was just a backwards comic with no color to me back then XD

Once I knew what anime and manga was and fell in love with it it was Blue Exorcist.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was likely Pokemon Adventures.  Does the series way more justice than the show or even the games ever have.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Phant0mX said:

I remember hating reading even just reading subs, then I came across the manga called Denpa Kyoushi. Loved this manga, this manga got me starting to read manga in general.

Now there is a manga that brings up memories as well.  Really good manga, just stopped following it due to slow release schedule.

I read some basketball manga when I was really young, I don't quite remember the name of it.

My father still has it somewhere and ive seen it but its in Japanese and I kinda have to think to read it so I cant remember the name from passing.

4 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Same! Although I didn't read them at school or at the library. The only manga my school had back then was Dragon Knights, which I found boring. Makes me wonder if they ever got more. Library never had any. 

I don’t know if my school library had any manga. But they did have a collection of graphic novels, where I discovered Sandman stuff and also i vaguely remember one about Discworld

On 6/1/2018 at 7:28 AM, seemore_bhutts said:

I have never read a manga, but I'm looking for one to start off with! If someone could recommend me a romance manga I would be grateful! 

Hmm,I would recommend you ookami shoujo to kuro ouji,it’s typical shojo romance manga and it ended so you don’t have to wait,I think it’s pretty good for start(my opinion)...

And to answer original topic,my first manga was tokyo ghoul,even tought I don’t read it anymore(I have to start again) I read a lot of manga and I mean a lot,I actually have this ritual,one month i watch anime,like,only thing I do is watch anime,then other month I read manga,same like anime,only manga,then book and then movies and series and games.

• Like 1

I was a casual so one of my first ones were Fairy Tail since it was common at bookstores in my country. Got hooked into anime next and then read Hunter X Hunter (got stuck now cuz of hiatus) but it was a great manga. I then read more mainstream shounen until i shifted to isekai.

• 3 months later...

The first manga I got myself on was this manga called angel guardian getten I believe it was in a raijun monthly comic first issue I found it in the street when I was a kid like when I was 10 and I read some of the other stories that was in it baki the grappler some others but angel guardian getten stuck with me and now I have the mangas personally ^^.

The first manga I read was Fruits Basket back in junior high. My school had it in the library so I would read what was there during some of my lunch periods. Befire then it was mostly anime.

Battle Angel Alita was the one I got hooked on, though I wound up losing interest during the Last Order series. Really though, I always preferred animation as a medium. I used to read the series in Viz’s Animerica Extra & Dark Horse’s Super Manga Blast, but the only other series I really read regularly were Oh My Goddess & Yotsuba. (Oops, forgot about XXXholic & Chibi Vampire :p)

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 months later...

My first manga was Princess Ai. It is American made but wasn't a bad read. I was like in middle school. Still it would awhile after that before i really got into anime and manga. I'm a late bloomer it wasn't until my mid 20's before things really kicked off. Now in my mid 30's I am totally addicted and I have a nice collection of things going and I'm glad that i have these things in my life. I just wish I had people to hang out with and like it so that i could talk and watch with others.