File Explorer

drill

So, does anyone else use addons for the file explorer, or maybe an alternative to it altogether? I use clover, which lets me have tabs on the file explorer that look like chrome. I also use FenrirFS if I'm trying to display mutliple files from a multiple folders, as its tagging system is easily the most advanced out there.

• Informative 1

I'm using QTTabBar to add tabs too for explorer. Not as pretty as clover but it does have pop-up previews for images on hover.

qttabbar.thumb.png.8d517015fee2b76c798cadfc91f15cc6.png

FeniriFS looks interesting. I haven't given tagging much thought as my folders are pretty well organised, though admittedly I do dump items on my desktop more often than I should. :?

I'm using QTTabBar to add tabs too for explorer. Not as pretty as clover but it does have pop-up previews for images on hover.

I was considering using QTTabBar, but I like having my applications look as nice as possible. Just wondering, with QTTabBar installed, do you get a few second delay when opening Explorer? That happens with clover with is kinda annoying, but bearable.

FeniriFS looks interesting. I haven't given tagging much thought as my folders are pretty well organised, though admittedly I do dump items on my desktop more often than I should. :?

Most of my folders are actually pretty organized as well, I just have far too many subfolders to manage :P

Just wondering, with QTTabBar installed, do you get a few second delay when opening Explorer? That happens with clover with is kinda annoying, but bearable.

No extra delay that I can see on my end... however one thing I did notice is occasionally my thumbnails will render incorrectly when browsing through lots of thumbnails. No biggie, a quick refresh fixes it.

I think Dropbox is the likely cause though - as you can see it adds an extra overlay on each thumbnail which shows whether it has synced or not. Has something similar happened to you by any chance?

I think Dropbox is the likely cause though - as you can see it adds an extra overlay on each thumbnail which shows whether it has synced or not. Has something similar happened to you by any chance?

Actually no, that doesn't happen to me, I use OneDrive, and it shows everything fine. The only thing I don't like is when I'm browsing a lot of images and it has the flower placeholder over all the pictures when you scroll through them, and then it will display the thumbnail. Usually, I either opt for FenrirFS or CubicExplorer when viewing a lot of pictures, and there is no real problem there (except FenrirFS can take a minute to sync when a bunch of files are added since it has to tag all of them. This is only really seen when I'm making screens for the gallery though).

• 1 month later...

XYploer has been getting on my nerves since I last posted. Mainly constant visible refreshes as well as choppy scrolling. I'm trying CubicExplorer which I've tried before, but can't really remember what I didn't like about it. So far, it seems to work really well, and is extremely customizable which is nice.

• Informative 1

I've been working on new galleries on my new Surface Pro 3 and was going to reinstall QTTabBar but I've actually found it easier to just snap two windows side by side. Even though it's only a 12" screen, the resolution is 2160x1440. Despite it being a relatively small screen, it's really sharp... (o^.^o) and dragging pictures using the pen is kind of fun. >_<