What is everyone currently watching? What are your thoughts!?

bootsies

I am currently watching 4 different titles! Sakura Quest, Hinamatsuri, keniko banchou otome -girl beats boys-, and Kakuriyo -bed and breakfast for spirits- ! I’m really enjoying all of these titles. To be completely honest, Sakura Quest is so precious. I’m in love with all of the characters and their personalities. 

What is everyone else watching? Who is your favorite character of your current show?!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I work a lot, too. Like, 6-10 days at a time, flipping between AM/PM lol rip me
I can sometimes squeeze in an episode of something here and there, even if it's only a couple of episodes a week or less, it's still something. Don't be discouraged! I'm spending my day off watching Noragami and cleaning my kitchen. The stress-relief is immense. :)

I currently don’t work due to medical reasons, so I’m currently getting my FAFSA together to go back to school. Also training my pup to be my service dog! So anime is life if I’m not baking or cooking as a side job. But I was told I have to watch Noragami. I haven’t seen it yet. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bootsies said:

But I was told I have to watch Noragami. I haven’t seen it yet. 

Yep :P

I'm currently watching Princess Principal. My favorite character is Ange.

• Like 3

I'm currently watching:

1. Steins;Gate 0 - pretty good, but not as intense as the original
  2. SAO Alternative: GGO - the removal of kirito is all this series really needed
  3. Gabriel Dropout - amazing comedy show
  4. Magic Kaito 1412 (rewatch) - rather entertaining, but unfortunately isn't that deep with their characters
  5. Slow Start - great SoL/cute girls doing cute things show
  6. Code Geass (rewatch) - like my 4th rewatch of the show, i usually get bored of rewatching shows by this point, but not this one
  7. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - kinda underwhelming.  Might end up dropping
  8. The Irregular at Magic High School (rewatch) - needed a generic magic school show.  This one ended up being a bit better when I can actually binge it rather than waiting each week

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Whoever told you to watch Noragami is smart. S'good stuff.

Good luck with school! Have you got plans about what you want to study?

Well I am very interested in computers and technology. I know a bit of coding and scripting. So I’d like to go into Software engineering and development. But thank you ^.^

7 minutes ago, drill said:

I'm currently watching:

1. Steins;Gate 0 - pretty good, but not as intense as the original
  2. SAO Alternative: GGO - the removal of kirito is all this series really needed
  3. Gabriel Dropout - amazing comedy show
  4. Magic Kaito 1412 (rewatch) - rather entertaining, but unfortunately isn't that deep with their characters
  5. Slow Start - great SoL/cute girls doing cute things show
  6. Code Geass (rewatch) - like my 4th rewatch of the show, i usually get bored of rewatching shows by this point, but not this one
  7. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - kinda underwhelming.  Might end up dropping
  8. The Irregular at Magic High School (rewatch) - needed a generic magic school show.  This one ended up being a bit better when I can actually binge it rather than waiting each week

Only one of those I have seen, and to be honest I was thoroughly impressed with it. The Irregular at Magic High School. I really enjoyed that anime. And I’m sad there hasn’t been anymore. I would like to read the manga though. But those sound like good recommendations though. Why is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, underwhelming? What’s it about so far?

• Like 1

Hmmm I am watching these:

My Little Monster

Haikyu!!

Katana Maidens: Toji no Miko

Magical Warfare

Gabriel DropOut

Fate/Apocrypha

Katana Maidens: Toji no Miko

Citrus

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens

Black Clover

Darling in the Franxx

Grancrest

Blend S

The pet girl of sakurasou

Steins;Gate

HunterxHunter

The IDOLM@STER

My Hero Academia

Btoom!!!

I finish one I start one however I do not start more than as many as are shown above.^ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bootsies said:

Only one of those I have seen, and to be honest I was thoroughly impressed with it. The Irregular at Magic High School. I really enjoyed that anime. And I’m sad there hasn’t been anymore. I would like to read the manga though. But those sound like good recommendations though. Why is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, underwhelming? What’s it about so far?

Yeah, there should be more of it.  My only real complaint is how overloaded the MC is, if they kinda spread out his awesomeness a bit between several of the MCs, it would have helped me enjoy it more (or even perhaps having a prequel showing him going through things to gain all the skills he does have).  As for Haruhi, it really just hasn't hooked me on its show yet, like I just don't have a huge desire to keep watching the next episode like with other shows (Irregular at Magic High School even does this for me).  It's about a crazy chuunibyou girl who doesn't like talking to much of anyone, and forms a club looking for aliens and such.  There are some major plot twists and stuff later down the road, but overall, it just wasn't the kind of story I was into.  I already dropped the novel for the same reason, I was only really trying the anime to see if it might be more enjoyable that way.

The only thing I'm semi-watching is the 1968 version of Gegege no Kitaro.  After I get through as much as I can of that (all the eps aren't around) I'll go to the 1971 version.

• Like 1

Got started on Black Clover a couple weeks ago.  I think I'm going to drop it though.  I'm on episode 12 and it still hasn't caught my interest.  The thought of struggling through another 20 episodes (and counting) of more of the same just doesn't hold much appeal.  And Asta yells too much.  :) 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Got started on Black Clover a couple weeks ago.  I think I'm going to drop it though.  I'm on episode 12 and it still hasn't caught my interest.  The thought of struggling through another 20 episodes (and counting) of more of the same just doesn't hold much appeal.  And Asta yells too much.  :) 

I haven't watched Black Clover, it was on my queue to watch. 

On 5/22/2018 at 12:20 AM, drill said:

Code Geass (rewatch) - like my 4th rewatch of the show, i usually get bored of rewatching shows by this point, but not this one

Same here I love this series I cannot get bored of rewatching it. Just waiting for new season to come out. 

I’m currently watching Planetes and Neon Genesis Evangelion for the billionth time each! I’m watching them with my boyfriend because he was (and still is) interested in them. It’s a lot of fun watching things with someone, at least for me anyway :) 

• Like 1

Stayed up past my bedtime watching True Tears  last night.  Was only going to watch a couple episodes, but kind of got sucked in.  One of the hazards of binge-watching I guess... you can "just one more episode" until the sun comes up if you're not careful.  :)

Now trying to decide between Ryuo's Work and the 2nd season of New Game next.  I need to go back and finish Re: ZERO too. 

So much anime.. so little time.  What would Itami do?  :D (I need that on a t-shirt.)

• Agree 1

For those watching Black Clover, I deeply admire your skills of withstanding that horrible, horrible scream/gurgle that comes outta that midgets mouth...seriously, I lasted 5 minutes and I'm not exaggerating. I think the manga is better and it is certainly faster paced so if people are still interested you should try that. Anyway I'm currently watching Darling in the Franxx and My Hero which are awesome btw, if anyone is looking for new animes to watch.

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

Stayed up past my bedtime watching True Tears  last night.

I was forced to drop this because of the extremely dark turn it takes. It hit too close to home for me.

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Stayed up past my bedtime watching True Tears  last night.  

I really liked this anime. The ending was kind of heart turning and it left quite an impression on me so I actually told my bestfriend about it especially a specific part of the anime's ending and so she ended up crying. XD She's pretty much good at putting her shoes on characters and I told her how much more would she cry if she actually watched the anime XD

I'm currently binge watching Detective Conan Dubbed version with my brother. XD I'm having a hard time getting used to the japanese version (which is quite new for me because I don't watch dubbed versions). I've watched Detective Conan before but still loving the mysteries. <3

• Like 1

I’m currently watching Nodame Cantabile:Paris-Hen, last few months I’ve been watching or/and reading only fantasy and fighting animes,mangas and books so I wanted to watch something realistic for a change...It’s not mindblowing but it is interesting and even tough I don’t like classical music because of the feeling it gives I can stand it,even like some things😁

• 3 weeks later...

Umamusume.  Kind of fun.  Totally not serious.  Good for relaxing after work.  I've been watching it mainly at night before bed and the first 4 episodes have put me to sleep twice now.  :D

On 5/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, Renee said:

I actually got the time to watch another episode of "The legend of galactic heroes" really loving this anime :)

I'm currently watching this as well. As a fan of the 110-episode OVA, the remake is nowhere near as good to me. A lot of the more personal and intimate moments of the story are kind of blunted by some really odd directorial choices, the depiction of battles is always pursued with the attempt at making every second a blood-pumping setpiece but it often comes off as tonally inappropriate and sometimes unintentionally hilarious, a lot of the principal characters either have their designs changed to something generic with others being transformed into fujoshis and a lot of the art seems less gritty and expressionistic and kind of adopts a glossier style that I'm really not a fan of. As much as I'd like to say that the remake mostly consists of specific cosmetic gripes that I may have, I do believe it has some real structural issues when conversing on the narrative because the way it chooses to portray events often makes it seem like it is taking more time to do less and spreads out separate plot elements and storylines unnecessarily. 

I'm currently watching Durarara! and it's quite interesting. The characters all seem well written while the story is complex and intriguing, all around it's very good from what I've seen.

I just started watching "In Another World With My Smartphone"  I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.  I wish something like the plot of that anime was a real life option for me honestly.  lol.  If you haven't seen it check it out.