What is everyone currently watching? What are your thoughts!?

bootsies

Trying to find a new anime to watch at the moment I need something new and cute... funny and maybe like idk something to keep my interest and I'm hella picky.. kinda ahahaha

I've been watching Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club every few days or so.  I've been watching it while I work so I kind of missed a bit of what was happening in the last two episodes (will have to backtrack).  It is what I'd call a pretty standard anime but it is also very informative.  I'm learning so much more about biking and bicycles than I ever knew before.  They not only put that information into the anime but they have these "infomercials" that talk about biking after the anime.  The only other anime I've ever seen do this was Arjuna (which had "infomercials" that reminded me of the ones after Captain Planet).  So, interesting but standard run of the mill too.

Finished season one of Psycho Pass so now I started on Space Dandy. I watched the first season a couple of times like two years ago and I just recently was able to get my hands on the whole set so I'm rewatching season one to get a recap then I'll watch season two.

I’m currently watching monthly girls Nozaki kun. I didn’t think I would like it at first.. but after watching a couple of ep it’s quite funny gives me Saiki k vibes 

would definitely recommend to watch if you looking for someone light hearted to watch😁👍

Momokuri..  This one is all light and cute on the surface, but has a kind of creepy side if you think about it too much.  Kurihara is totally a stalker! 

Natsuyuki Rendezvous... Love triangle between a widow, her husband's ghost (who hasn't let go yet), and some poor sod who doesn't know what he's getting himself into.  Oh, and said sod is the only one who can see said ghost.  Not horror/scary at all, but makes for some interesting situation comedy.  :)

Also getting back to Grancrest War that I'd put on hold after the first season.

Edited by efaardvark

• 2 weeks later...

Not actually watching it yet (I'll probably binge it when the series is done) but last night I previewed the first episode of "Cells at Work".  For some reason it reminds me of "The Incredible, Indelible, Magical Physical, Mystery Trip" from way (way, way, way) back.  Anyone else remember "Time for Timer!" and the Bod Squad on Saturday morning TV back in the '70s?

Heck, does anyone remember TV back in the 70s?  How about just TV?  :D

Kind of hankering for a hunk of cheese right now too... maybe a peanut butter sandwich.....   :) :)  

Granblue Fantasy.  Interesting visuals.  Felt it had potential, but by halfway through it was clear it wasn't going anywhere.   Could have been much better if some of the ideas had been better developed (or developed at all).  That ending(?) though..  Not quite as bad as Moon Phase, but only because that would have taken effort.  Seems like they just gave up, threw a bunch of stuff at the audience, and walked out.  Waste of time.

I just started Voltron: Legendary Defender and I absolutely love it. I have binged the entire first season in one day and I'm actually surprised at how good it is.
I usually stay away from anything Mecha because it's one of my least favourite genres, however, this show has gone above and beyond my expectations and I'm extremely glad I gave it a chance.

The characters are also all very interesting and complex, even though it revolves around a team of characters with the 'leader', the 'smart kid', the 'funny' one and what not they're not just the cookie cutter stereotypes of those personality types, they're all layered and manage to have different quirks and traits about them that make them very lovable. I would actually recommend this show to anyone who says they hate Mecha shows because it's actually really entertaining, the art and story is good and the characters are all really lovable.

Also, Pidge has just absolutely stolen my heart ...

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Edited by ItsSammy

Still watching HunterXHunter and surprisingly I'm actually into it. I'll be honest I thought this series was going to go down the same road as One Piece but it didn't. One Piece was too slow for me. This series however, is nicely paced.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added Overlord III to my to-binge list.  I didn't think I'd like this one at the start of the first season, but the characters and situations are just so oddball that I keep coming back.  Ains for President?  :)

1110918365_Screenshotfrom2018-08-1419-06-25.png.7fbdeca59d712dc74250adb301c876cf.png

Edited by efaardvark

I'm watching Gintama as of now. About to hit the 100th episode mark. I'm really enjoying it although some episodes are hit and miss. Luckily, the majority of them have been very entertaining.

As it stands right now I just finished rewashing Rave Master with my fiance. We're going to be watching Assassination Classroom together soon. I have seen it, but she has yet to.

Almost finished with Attack on Titan season 2. I had put the series on hold after season 1, but have heard some fairly positive things about the currently airing season, so I decided to dive back in.

The current season of anime has been fairly weak IMO, but there are some series I'm enjoying somewhat: Planet With, Gegege no Kitaro, Overlord season 3, My Hero Academia season 3 (though I'm not really liking the Licensing Exam arc). I was watching the remake of Star Blazers 2202 (and enjoying it) until it went on hiatus.

Now that I'm caught up with Attack on Titan , I've started watching Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? in addition to my weekly streaming series.

I just finished watching Castle of Cagliostro for the first time (despite the fact that I've been watching anime for decades, there are still some "classics" I've never seen). I haven't really been a fan of Lupin III, but I enjoyed this.

And never underesitmate Fujiko

tumblr_p3be4vSAXg1se3mhao5_500.gif

Edited by Ohiotaku