What is everyone currently watching? What are your thoughts!?

bootsies

I work at night and I go straight to bed after work so the only time that I can watch animes is during my off. Good thing it's for 2 days. I take it as an opportunity to watch animes all day and lock myself at home. I am currently watching Boku no Hero Academia season 3 and Barakamon (again) one of my favorite comedy anime and one of the best stress reliever for me. I've been looking forward to Satsuriku no Tenshi and Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 . Though I want to wait for the final updates before I watch the whole show cause I don't wanna get frustrated waiting for episode updates. Lol

Now that I finally have a bit of time off I'm trying to clear out some of my backlog this holiday weekend.  Watching Hinamatsuri, Re:ZERO, Konohana Kitan, Kakuriyo, AND Yama no Susume.

Liking them all - especially Re:ZERO - but Yama no Susume is short-episode (13min) and I might come back to it later and binge it after the season is done.  The individual episodes are so short that they don't leave much of an impression so I tend to watch last week's episode (again) just before watching this week's.  Kind of wastes time essentially watching the whole thing twice.  One of the reasons I tend to binge-watch in the first place.

I'm currently watching Season 3 of Attack on Titan. I like how they're filling in the gaps and made the animation more ....dynamic during the fight scenes, but I get the impression that this might be the last season or something. It would really suck, if it came to that tbh....

I also don't like the Red Swan Theme for the opening cuz it sounds to....magic girly, compared to the other tracks they used in the previous seasons..... But that's just me....

Other shows I am watching are just old anime I used to watch  from time to time when I was a kid. I'm re-watching them now, to follow them for their storylines and character developments. 

• Like 1

Planet With - continues to be the best series of the Summer 2018 season IMO

My Hero Academia season 3 - after wrapping up the rather weak licensing exam arc, saturday's ep set the stage for a return to greatness, starting with a confrontation that's been brewing since episode 1

Asobi Asobase - it's "comedy" is absurdist & frequently vulgar marked by jarring contrasts in artistic style. And I almost always have to hit pause at least once per episode because I'm laughing so hard I feel like I'm about to pass out . Of course the conclusion of each episode is followed by a rather awkward period of soul searching as I try to come to terms with what the fact that I find this funny says about me as a person.

Gegege no Kitaro (2018) - no new episode this week. As happy as I am that it's getting a continuation with a new arc in the fall season, I really hope they spend the last couple episodes giving some sort of resolution to that creepy youkai that's been stalking Mana & stirring up trouble since the first ep (no, not Ratman, I'm talking about Nanshi (Nameless))

A Certain Magical Index - figured I would give this series another try (I made it to episode 6 a couple years ago) since it's getting another season coming up. Really not feeling it though and will probably drop again.

Edited by Ohiotaku

40 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Planet With

On my list.  Haven't seen it yet tho.

24 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Asobi Asobase

I tried that and dropped it.  I did not find it that funny and I didn't care for the animation style besides.

26 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

A Certain Magical Index

I watched that back when it came out.  It was ok, but I felt it was way too long and rather boring.  Part of it was the fantasy genre which I'm not too into.  (A Certain "Scientific" Railgun wasn't really any better.)  The only part I found interesting was the Touma/Railgun crossover.  That part I liked better than either show on its own.  I'd like to see a season built out of a spinoff with those two as leads, perhaps after they graduate and mature a bit.

3 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Just started Akiba's Trip. I loved the game so I figured I'd give the series a try.

For a parody series, I thought it was pretty funny  (especially the Yugioh episode 🤣

I know I replied to this thread already, but I'm currently watching Gintama, (since AOT airs weekly. I have nothing to watch while I wait for the next eps.)

I kinda wish people told me about this Anime alot sooner though. It's hilarious so far XD 

• Like 1

I have myself started in so many different animes and mangas I keep forgetting where Im at but I can at least justify myself to these animes I am in right now

Rumbling Hearts

Dragonar Academy (Reading Manga As I watch ^^)

My Love Story!!

Gamers! (Bout to be wrapping it up) 

Your Name (Just watched for the first time a couple nights ago...it was...ok...kinda failed me in interest, way to similar to fireworks which was just failure, way to close to the girl who leapt through time which was really good lol)

I finished Black Lagoon and its OVA Roberta's Blood Trail not long ago was amazing journey Im so happy to hear its manga continuation is in motion. I should finish Clannad After Story but Im sorry once Kotomi was no longer in the story, the OVA for After Story where Kyou falls in love with Tomoya was my perfect finish for the story.  I tried watching Squid Girl ehh...and I started watching Love Live School Idol Project season 2 but I haven't gotten very far afraid of it falling short of season ones amazingness. 

Black Lagoon. For some reason I've always postpond to watch it - for solid 8 years. After 6 episodes I kinda regret not watching it earlier. It's great so far!

I also started with darling in the franxx and so so far, 3 eps in, it's okay - entertaining but can't really say more about it.

I just got done watching Deadman Wonderland, 13 episodes in 2 days. I'm kinda proud of that. Favorite character would be Shiro. I'm disappointed in it though, there is too many unanswered questions. From what I've been seeing about it, I should have read the manga first. Way too many things are left out of the show.

In addition to what I mentioned in my earlier post, I've resumed watching Angolmois & Cells at Work after some of the backlog series I tried (Luck & Logic, A Certain Magical Index, Maria the Virgin Witch) failed to hold my interest. I'm also watching the occasional episode of New Game when I'm in need of some CGDCT.

Oh nono I see you just finished watching deadman wonderland I know it kind of leaves off on a cliff and the ova isnt nothing in relation to the main story arc, but if you want the conclusion to deadman wonderland you have to watch the shawshank redemption ^^

I just got done watching Deadman Wonderland, 13 episodes in 2 days. I'm kinda proud of that. Favorite character would be Shiro. I'm disappointed in it though, there is too many unanswered questions. From what I've been seeing about it, I should have read the manga first. Way too many things are left out of the show.

As of yesterday I ended up deciding on watching a anime called blue seed. Its a scfi one good story bit of a thriller, and leans towards a monster a day kinda story. Its really good though. My wifu, and I however are watching My Hero Academia we are about half way through season two, and loving it.

What I'm currently watching is Boku no hero academia season 3 and Overlord 3, tho I haven't watched the latest episode yet but will do on weekends (Hooray for day offs!) :D Maybe, after these 2 I'm going to start watching Steins Gate (Yes, I'm a fan!)

If you're currently looking for some cool animes to watch, I highly recommend them. For Code Geass fans, you can try Darling in the Franxx too! :D (Romance,Action,Mecha) 

I just finished Steins;Gate 0 today and while I have mixed feelings about the show as a whole, that final episode and ending was so goddamn solid!

Haven't felt so much hype in a while. Can't wait for that OVA in November!

I'm currently watching My Hero Academia and I must say it's absolutely wonderful. I love the art style, the characters are very lovable (most of them anyways ...), the story is very intriguing and I find it very emotional.

I've finished S1 already (also watched about 2 episodes of S2) and my favourites are:
Izuku Midoriya. 
He's just down right adorable and a very interesting character. Also, I can relate to him on a personal level so, let's just say, I've gotten emotional a few times while watching this show ...

Shoto Todoroki.
Honestly he hasn't done much yet but he caught my attention from the very start. His whole character design is intriguing and just visually pleasing, in my opinion. I was also just blown away by his power level, I mean, this kid's insane! (Also, stoic characters are kind of a weakness of mine, so ... oops.)

Ochako Urakaka.
I just absolutely love her. Her smile is beautiful so, yeah, she won me over pretty quick. Also, her outfit is really cute and she's such a sweet person, it was really cute seeing her befriend Izuku and turn 'Deku' into a good thing for him ... honestly, she's just so sweet.

All Might.
I love everything about his character honestly, he's just a very likable guy and he's so supportive of Izuku, it's just so cute.

Tsuyu Asui.
I just love her, okay? I mean, c'mon, she's a little frog what's not to love? (Also she's just really unique and unlike any other character.)

Finishing the second season of Love Live! Sunshine!! I enjoyed the original Love Live! and was disappointed by the first season of Sunshine. The second season is a big improvement in my opinion, but I'm a bit bored by it now. I'm just sort of going through the last few episodes just so I can finish it and because I have nothing else to do.