New Registrations Suspended Read more... ×
bootsies

What is everyone currently watching? What are your thoughts!?

On 5/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, Renee said:

I actually got the time to watch another episode of "The legend of galactic heroes" really loving this anime :)

I'm currently watching this as well. As a fan of the 110-episode OVA, the remake is nowhere near as good to me. A lot of the more personal and intimate moments of the story are kind of blunted by some really odd directorial choices, the depiction of battles is always pursued with the attempt at making every second a blood-pumping setpiece but it often comes off as tonally inappropriate and sometimes unintentionally hilarious, a lot of the principal characters either have their designs changed to something generic with others being transformed into fujoshis and a lot of the art seems less gritty and expressionistic and kind of adopts a glossier style that I'm really not a fan of. As much as I'd like to say that the remake mostly consists of specific cosmetic gripes that I may have, I do believe it has some real structural issues when conversing on the narrative because the way it chooses to portray events often makes it seem like it is taking more time to do less and spreads out separate plot elements and storylines unnecessarily. 

I'm currently watching Durarara! and it's quite interesting. The characters all seem well written while the story is complex and intriguing, all around it's very good from what I've seen.

I just started watching "In Another World With My Smartphone"  I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.  I wish something like the plot of that anime was a real life option for me honestly.  lol.  If you haven't seen it check it out.  

Trying to find a new anime to watch at the moment I need something new and cute... funny and maybe like idk something to keep my interest and I'm hella picky.. kinda ahahaha

I've been watching Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club every few days or so.  I've been watching it while I work so I kind of missed a bit of what was happening in the last two episodes (will have to backtrack).  It is what I'd call a pretty standard anime but it is also very informative.  I'm learning so much more about biking and bicycles than I ever knew before.  They not only put that information into the anime but they have these "infomercials" that talk about biking after the anime.  The only other anime I've ever seen do this was Arjuna (which had "infomercials" that reminded me of the ones after Captain Planet).  So, interesting but standard run of the mill too.

Still in the middle of Bungo Stray Dogs. Just been busy with things... Sometimes I just really need to be in the right mood for anime. Lately I've been on a Fallout kick and that's taken up what free time I have instead of anime. I will eventually finish it, and probably finish some other anime I've taken pause with. 

Finished season one of Psycho Pass so now I started on Space Dandy. I watched the first season a couple of times like two years ago and I just recently was able to get my hands on the whole set so I'm rewatching season one to get a recap then I'll watch season two.

I’m currently watching monthly girls Nozaki kun. I didn’t think I would like it at first.. but after watching a couple of ep it’s quite funny gives me Saiki k vibes 

would definitely recommend to watch if you looking for someone light hearted to watch😁👍

Just started watching Durarara, and I've been enjoying it. It's a nice change of pace from the usual content I watch, so I'm excited to watch a little bit of it every day.

Posted (edited)

Momokuri..  This one is all light and cute on the surface, but has a kind of creepy side if you think about it too much.  Kurihara is totally a stalker! 

Natsuyuki Rendezvous... Love triangle between a widow, her husband's ghost (who hasn't let go yet), and some poor sod who doesn't know what he's getting himself into.  Oh, and said sod is the only one who can see said ghost.  Not horror/scary at all, but makes for some interesting situation comedy.  :)

Also getting back to Grancrest War that I'd put on hold after the first season.

Edited by efaardvark

Currently watching Satellite Girl and Milk Cow by Studio Ghibli. It's pretty funny so far.

Not actually watching it yet (I'll probably binge it when the series is done) but last night I previewed the first episode of "Cells at Work".  For some reason it reminds me of "The Incredible, Indelible, Magical Physical, Mystery Trip" from way (way, way, way) back.  Anyone else remember "Time for Timer!" and the Bod Squad on Saturday morning TV back in the '70s?

Heck, does anyone remember TV back in the 70s?  How about just TV?  :D

Kind of hankering for a hunk of cheese right now too... maybe a peanut butter sandwich.....   :) :)