Do you like Fantasy anime?

Greeneyes

So I like fantasy anime a lot and was wondering

if any of you like Fantasy anime and which ones are your favorite?

1155626646_HIcute.gif.d8ef41909e785852aa19a5c1eb907d54.gif

Edited by Greeneyes
  • Like 1

fantasy anime I like a lot is fairy tail, claymore, fate stay night series and soo many more. So I do like fantasy anime.

I am guessing fantasy means superpowers and magic so yeah I am really into that kind of anime. 

But at the end I like all anime. Accept from the anime Clannad. Hate it. 

I like a little bit of everything but Fantasy is a very broad genre.  I'm sure I have plenty I enjoy, albeit none comes immediately to mind....  I like a lot of supernatural themed titles but that's not really magic focused >_>

I'm more into the science fiction stuff so I wouldn't say fantasy is my favorite, but yeah, I like fantasy too.  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference anyway.  (SAO for instance.)

Hm, I guess I like it in some way.  A couple I've seen are and liked are the Tales of Symphonia OVAs, and some of the .hack series. I guess maybe Utawarerumono might count here too.  Maybe the Mahou Sensei Negima series as well...but that's so-so to me. 

Anyone have any "fantasy" anime recommendations that's a bit older?  Something before the early 2000s? Early 2000s are okay, but seems for me, I have trouble getting into much after like 2004 or 2005.  Stuff dealing with magic in a fantasy-like world has always been a draw for me in general, regardless if it's anime or not.

Fantasy is my favourite genre of anime, as well as movie and book.

My favourite fantasy anime is Sword art online, then Naruto, then FMAB. :) 

fantasy anime I like are

Kekkai Sensen

Log Horizon

Fairy tail

Hunter x Hunter

Fate series

FMA:brotherhood

Rakudai Kishi 

Kaze no Stigma

Rokudenashi Akashic Records

Drifters.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 6:54 AM, Glitter Spring said:

Sometimes I like fanasty anime and sometimes I do watch it but I only like anime that is like real to me and stuff

I too like my verisimilitude.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fantasy.  Lord of the Rings is wonderful.  (I've even read The Silmarillion, which tbh takes a more than a bit of dedication to the material.)  Star Wars is fine.  But to get me engaged I need something real to sink my teeth into, and I'm more into "hard" scf-fi.  King Arthur is fine and fun, but a story about how Merlin was actually a cyborg with his own wifi-controlled nanite cloud is more interesting to me.  SAO > Log Horizon.  (A least from a plot-device point of view.  A good story can make up for a lot of technical deficiencies.)

Even better would be something awesome that could actually happen in the real universe without resorting to speculative fantasy-physics.  Unfortunately my education and professional background gives me a pretty deep understanding of things like physics, space travel, and computers that the science fictiony stories that I like most are based on, which makes it a lot easier for me to spot the flaws in a story unless the author is really, really good. 

Sadly, a lot of "science fiction" authors don't even try.  These days the launch manifest on spacex.com or pictures on nasa.gov can get my imagination more stoked than anything by Lucas or Tolkien, or even Yukimura (Planetes) or Ota (GitS).  :(   (But also 👍:).. yay reality!)

19 hours ago, EvilRedDwarf said:

The Ancient Magus’ Bride

I liked that one too.

• Like 1