What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Played some Halo Infinite, king of the hill - sadly the enemy team won, but I was the highest score with 2,255 as my score in the lobby. 16 kills total, which was a good streak for the match, would've been better if we won, but, can't win them all. 

The game plan for later after I get done doing some stuff outside of gaming is playing some Minecraft, maybe playing some SMITE as well to get back on that grind. Minecraft is great for relaxation, but SMITE is my go-to when I want to get some streaks going.

Did a little more minecraft.  Mostly messed around with mangrove trees a bit more.  These can produce a surprising amount of wood, as you can see if you take away the leaves..

2022-06-30_21_33.53-small.thumb.png.7fffe5ee9b10cb392b7e3d2019fdc668.png

It's a bit random though, which makes it a bit of a pain to farm efficiently.  Nice for landscaping but my preferred method for wood farming is still going to be the 4-sapling spruce.  (Note the scaffold tower next to the large spruce in the background to the right of the mangrove tree.)

The other interesting bit is the mangrove roots.  I think these are the only solid blocks in the game that can be waterlogged.  For any technical players this might mean things like new options for redstone contraptions.  I was also able to make a 5-block cobblestone generator with just 4 dirt, 1 mangrove root, and one bucket each of water and lava.  (Probably only of interest to skyblock players.)

2022-06-30_21_57.23-small.thumb.png.c3b818bbfe381fcbf9695a04f328c8b6.png

I also want to play a bit more with mud blocks.  Even if you don't have a newly-generated swamp near at hand you can still make them by using a water bottle on a dirt block.  I found that a bit of a pain to deal with in trying to generate a large number of them.  However, once you have the mud blocks then you can make mud bricks, which gives us another material and visual texture for constructing structures.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

I'm still playing through the Ratchet and Clank games again, buuut, since I got money today, I took advantage of Steam's summer sale, and bought a few games - Will probibly be a while until I get to them, but I thought I should get them while they are on sale.

Bug Fables which I just found out is like a 'love letter to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door' and I am HERE for that!

Also Psychonauts which I just found out about. It looks interesting, and the first one is only $3 on sale. I debated about getting the second one since its on sale for $30 and it's regularly 60, but since money is a bit tight I decided against it, until I know for sure I like the first, and surely it will be on sale again someday. :).

Looks like there's now a preview of Optifine for 1.19 Minecraft.  However I only just recently installed Iris/Sodium and updated Sildur's and my favorite texture pack to most-recent versions of everything so I'm going to stay where I'm at for the moment.  I don't typically mod much beyond the shaders anyway so the only thing I'm missing is Optifine's zoom key.  Gives me an incentive to find a geode in-game for the amethyst shards to make a spyglass.  :) 

I haven't messed with Iris much yet and I'm already getting 60fps using only half of my GPU so I'm also kind of curious what it can do with some in-depth tweaking, if I can find some time for it.  Depending on how that goes I may or may not update to the final version of Optifine for 1.19.  I need to spend more time playing than updating/tweaking!

Spoiler

2022-06-26_21_44_37.thumb.png.93e02d6df5d796e506291f3428a168a5.png

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

Played an hour or so of Farmville, er, I mean Minecraft.   :D

Really just grinding a bit for crops to sell for emeralds to trade with Librarians.  Also sticks.  Fletchers are extremely useful and easy to trade with, especially in the early game.  Farming trees for wood -> planks -> sticks and then trading the sticks to a fletcher for emeralds is probably one of the best early trades in the game right now.  If you can find the right Fletcher to trade with, a stack of sticks will get you at least a couple emeralds.  And 4 emeralds can get you a full stack of arrows.  Better than all that messing around with chickens and gravel to make them yourself. 

A couple dozen emeralds can also get you high-level enchanted books like mending from the right librarian.. without having to deal with the randomness of the enchanting table.  Since the "Village and Pillage" update a nearby town well-populated with high level merchants is a very handy thing to have access to.

2022-07-03_15_30_19.thumb.png.36e34c734e275a79e3319e4338eddbbc.png

Worked on a couple water projects on my main farm/base in Minecraft.  One is my aquarium in the underground "bunker" area.  It used to be just one level but I expanded it to be viewable from the level below as well..

2022-07-03_01_24.36-small.thumb.png.3f0e8ed4ee4613ddcf8a363560db6e92.png

I also added a little area for a frog pond.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Can't you just see some polliwogs swimming around in the mangrove roots there?   Sorry, you'll have to use your imagination for now since I haven't actually had time to go find a swamp with frogs in it yet.  :D

2022-07-03_19_48.47-small.thumb.png.6995933aa8a833b9d6750908e6eda4e6.png

I started playing Bug Fables....

I am mad at myself. I really need to stop judging something by the name or what it looks like. I'd seen Bug Fables advertised for years, and I always am like, "I'm not interested in a game about bugs" -_-

It's an amazing "Paper Mario" type game. I love it so far.

So, as I said above I'm playing bug fables, but as I've also said I've also been playing through the Ratchet and Clank series again.

I found something out, and I thought I should post about it JUST in case someone didn't know/needed to know.

My PS3 controller died recently, and I found out the hard way that generic PS3 controllers don't generally have SIAXIS capability.

The first Ratchet game on the PS3 really went to town on the SIAXIS gimmick, and it's unplayable without it.

....Or so I thought....

Apparently, there's an option in the menu to disable motion controls, and just use the R and/or L stick. (You just can't use one weapon, the tornado launcher, that also used it) And... not only am I happy now, I'm also really mad at myself I didn't notice this years ago... it makes those sections MUCH easier...

• Like 1

Found a iron/tuff vein in the new deepslate layers (almost) right below my main farm in a pre-1.16 chunk.  Up to now I'd been making do with a fortune III pick and never got around to building an iron farm so this is a very welcome discovery.

I've been silk-touching the ore and taking it back to the surface to process it with the fortune-ed pick.  So far I've got over 6 stacks of iron blocks out of it and I still haven't reached the end of the vein.  And this is after using a couple stacks to level up 2 weaponsmiths and 2 armorers in a nearby town so I can buy diamond gear instead of mining for diamonds and doing it myself the hard way!  Need to think about what to do with all that iron.  :) Might be time to build an item sorter.

2022-07-08_19_37_14.thumb.png.05db5221317e8692a367594c0eb0e399.png

Edited by efaardvark
typoos bad gramar ;)
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Last night - I decided to take it upon myself to grind competitive Overwatch for nearly 5 hours straight, a tedious run, and I sure did get great sleep that night. Tonight I'm going to be on that "grind" again - with a total of 2172 comp points out of the 3000 I need to get my 5th golden gun, which will be for Reinhardt, the run will not be a simple 2-3 day thing, this is going to take a while...as...losing games is quite evident in this season with the meta. 😬

Season 35 is the peak of terrible meta's, and to be honest the DPS meta is quite a mess at this point, so with competitive team composition. 

• 2 weeks later...

Built an automatic honey and beeswax farm in minecraft.  Now I'll have all the honey, honey blocks, and candles I can use.  I like the honey blocks as a replacement for slime blocks because they can be used in pretty much the same way as slime except they're a lot easier to get.  (I just wish they could be used to make sticky pistons the way slime can.)

Spoiler

2022-07-27_20_10_19.thumb.png.d87c8460ea442bae26ffd767bc7e9eb8.png

Made a new character in Fallout 4.

The build I'm using is a kind of black ops/sniper and melee hybrid. When outdoors and in very open spaces, I usually attempt to pick off enemies at a distance with the best sniper rifle I can find or put together on a workbench. When moving through buildings or being up close and personal with enemies, I'll switch to an assault rifle or shotgun for raiders, and the Righteous Authority laser rifle for super mutants or ghouls. If I'm trying to conserve ammo, I'll use a serrated Chinese officer's sword and the Big Jim pipe wrench for melee (20% chance to cripple the target's leg). Primarily a stealth build, lots of sneaking around and staying low, so no power armor here. If discovered, I can go guns-blazing if I have the ammo. Haven't gotten my Gun Nut perk to the level where I can craft suppressors for my sniper rifles yet. Soon, though. Very soon. 😈

• Like 1

FINALLY found a fortress with a blaze spawner in my brother's minecraft game!  Actually this is the 3rd (or 4th?) fortress we've found in this game but only one of them had a blaze spawner and one of my brother's kids broke the first ones we found.  (He didn't know it's better to save them & make a blaze rod / XP farm out of them.)  The spawner in this fortress actually generated underground so I took advantage of the situation to camp on the spawner and grind a bit for blaze rods while my food/health held out.  Someday when I get the time I'll come back and build a proper farm but for now I just want a decent supply of blaze rods so I can make some potions.  Without a blaze spawner handy we've had to rely on random spawns (and deal with the inevitable wither skeletons that also appear) so potion-using has been a bit limited. 

The only problem is this new fortress is a loooooong way from the main area that we've been developing to date and I don't want to have to keep going back and forth.  I'm even considering building a portal somewhere in the nether near the new fortress and starting a new base in the overworld wherever the portal leads.  It would be ideal if the portal were to lead to a mountain biome or if there's a village nearby that could be developed for trading purposes.

2022-08-01_21_45_21.thumb.png.84d49f9be102d6261858071aec2ccf36.png

• Like 1

Thinking of causing a ruckus in minecraft this weekend.  Last week I spent a lot of time grinding for blaze rods in a fortress and got enough wither skulls as a byproduct to create a wither.  I could use a nether star but withers are the toughest mob in the game.  IMHO anyway.  Then again I still have a ton of iron and a few golems are a big help when it comes to beating a wither.

Or I could be an ass and spawn one in the courtyard of my brother's castle, then log out.   :D  (jk.. I would never do that.)

Decided against the wither thing in minecraft.  Not up for a battle today.  Instead I built a push-button pharmaceuticals lab for brewing potions.

Spoiler

The design is something I found online and uses droppers pushing ingredients into a water stream as the user presses buttons corresponding to the ingredients desired.  The water stream then drops the ingredients into hoppers that feed the brewing stand.  Sorry, I don't remember where I first saw it but I've been using it since the brewing update a while back that added the blaze powder requirement.  (Maybe 1.9?)  I like it because its is reasonably compact, flexible, and easy enough to memorize.

In this build the nether wart farm and water supply is in the background behind the machine.  Potion creation is semi-automatic.  Flipping the lever at the right to the up position loads the stand with water bottles from the chest at the upper right.  The ingredients are selected by pushing the buttons on the wall to the left.  The hoppers will immediately queue the ingredients and dispense them into the stand in the order selected as the brewing process proceeds.  Assuming the stand has been loaded with water bottles by manipulating the lever then (for instance) pressing the buttons for nether wart, magma cream, and redstone - in that order - will brew up a batch of long-duration potions of fire resistance.  Flipping the lever to the down position drops the contents of the brewing stand into the chest beneath.  Repeat the process as desired.  :)

2022-08-07_21_48_31.thumb.png.b634bc46c1668b6c8fdc76b86493061f.png

Edited by efaardvark

Farm Together (Switch)

Not feeling the greatest today so been adding to my farm. Got a tree house built and expanded the lot.

Youtubers Life 2 (Xbox)

This game came in the mail on Saturday and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a bit challenging but still fun.