What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Downloaded Fallout 3 GOTY edition from Steam. I have the hard copy original version (no DLC), but it wasn't compatible with Win10 because of the old games for windows dependencies they utilized at the time they released it. I'm pretty happy to be able to play it again.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:45 PM, efaardvark said:

What do you use tinted glass for that you couldn't use a regular solid block like cobble for?

If I remember tinted glass just doesn’t let light go through and makes you still able to see through it but depending on how you desire to make your farm you may need it or totally not.

• Agree 1

Took a few minutes to clean up my main crafting/work area in mc.  Didn't really have much time but I've been meaning to go all-barrel on the storage (I've had this base since before barrels were a thing) and rearrange some of the hidden delivery apparatus on the next level down, now that I've got the redstone bits working like I want.

2022-10-02_14_53_32.thumb.png.9c17d0eb32978aea4e926cc152c4ef3f.png

Finally Installed OW 2! I had OW 1 since 2017, so it installed right away! Sadly the servers were so BOMBARDED with people - that nobody could get into the game except pro players and beta testers. 

But, hoping that today I can play. 
Anyone else play Overwatch?

• Like 1

I have something of a personal tradition of creating a new single-player hardcore game on every Minecraft update.  I realized yesterday that I hadn’t done that yet for 1.19.2 so I went ahead and rolled up a new game.  The new seed is pretty cool.  The world spawn point put me in the badlands but right next to me was an azalea tree so I know there’s a lush cavern someplace below.  In the hillside above I can see the opening of a mine.  Nearby are jungle, forest, and plains biomes.  In a hillside in the nearby jungle is a big opening leading to a dripstone cave that just cries out to have a base built in it.  On the flat below is a ruined nether portal that conveniently had a couple obsidian and a flint+steel so I’ve already fixed and lit it.  (This last might be my undoing since I don’t yet have any armor whatsoever, never mind diamond or iron.)  

Looks like I’ll have plenty of resources and options from the outset.  Now all I have to do is not die.  :D Might happen one of these days.  Usually I wind up quickly going back to my brother’s Realms game. 

2022-10-08_15_33_22.thumb.png.5a17a94bc89219d23c7a6a6957adc0c8.png2022-10-08_15_33_31.thumb.png.f614a4b9f4196c16ae6a89a19e12fcfe.png2022-10-08_15_33_16.thumb.png.5fd66ab43a177c0ab8050aa2287906d8.png

Edited by efaardvark

I continued where I left off in the story mode in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. The final boss gave me some crap but was able to beat it. Beat Resident Evil Village again on hard mode which wasn’t too hard as I used infinite ammo. I’m looking forward to finishing RE Village in third person once that mode comes out. 

Went a bit further afield in my hardcore minecraft game.  Headed for the dripstone cave & found a panda!  I gave him some bamboo from the jungle to munch on.  :) 

2022-10-09_19_48_10.thumb.png.f0fa69773aa65ae0471b1e6b174dcac4.png

Inside the cave looks like it is actually an aquifer so building a base there might be a little dangerous.  Have to figure a way to deal with Drowned spawns until I can get some underwater lighting going, but it should look awesome once done.  (Especially with shaders.)  I also checked out the mineshaft area.  A lot of it is above ground so I wandered around collecting spider webs for string for a bow.  Bunch of minecarts and rails laying around too but I left most of them there for now.  I even found a spider spawner sitting right there on the surface.  You know that's going to eventually be an xp farm and string generator!  

Spoiler

2022-10-09_19_48_49.thumb.png.c960751b85afadcea2dfcdefc0b3ac92.png2022-10-09_19_48_59.thumb.png.66b36f83b8944175631de4301f8a8efe.png2022-10-09_19_55_42.thumb.png.a4d4311359c433672ca2b0301503db65.png2022-10-09_19_52_56.thumb.png.8db8f552c7facf643ac98addabf55601.png

I've been playing a lot of Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise on PS4 and FF8 Remastered on my Switch. in Lost Paradise I'm on Chapter 6. The bartender minigame is fun and a good way to get some decent money.

In FF8 Remastered I'm on Disc 3 and I'm aiming for a low level game the first time around, then I'll try it at level 100. As a kid I never understood that the enemies get stronger as your characters do, but as an adult it makes more sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a couple KSP2 'tubies while I ingested my morning coffee.  It's all labeled "pre-alpha" at this point but even so the (presumably stock) gfx look better than KSP1 with my usual loadout of gfx mods.  I just hope it doesn't require a new gfx card.  :) Another welcome addition is stock procedural parts in the VAB.  I hope they have at least a few robotic parts too.  Even simple things like hinges and pistons really help to make things fit inside the fairing of the launch vehicle.

Playing some Triple Triad in FF VIII Remastered to get 100 Biggs & Wedge cards, then get 100 of Raijin & Fujin cards for the item refine of X-Potion which really comes in handy, fully restoring HP. Surely to come in hand on Disc 3, especially Disc 4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got on a KSP2 'tubie thread while munching on lunch today.  Real info is pretty scarce and it's all subject to change anyway by the time release day comes so you have to take most of it with a grain of salt.  But I'm a KSP junkie so .. I gotta.  :D

Edited by efaardvark

6 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Played persona 5 royal a bit too much to the point where I now have 12h + on the game

That's a lot of time invested. Hey, if I wanted to play a Persona game would I need to play them all to get the gist of the 5th one?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Otaku Gamer said:

That's a lot of time invested. Hey, if I wanted to play a Persona game would I need to play them all to get the gist of the 5th one?

Not at all. Every game is separate from each other

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

7 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

Not at all. Every game is separate from each other

Awesome!!! I've been wanting to, but was under the impression I'd have to start from the first one to really get it. So, that's good news. ^^ Thanks for the information. :D

• Like 1

Got a few minutes just now to test my new gfx card in minecraft.  I'll (hopefully) have some more time later this weekend to mess with both minecraft and KSP but I just had to get in there and try a couple things that my old card had trouble with, like dealing with water and reflections.  The old card could do a decent job if I was willing to put up with single-digit frame rates.  Unfortunately if I turned the quality down enough to make it playable it looked horrible.  The new card can do a decent job AND still give me a playable frame rate.  Seems about on par with an RTX 3060 from that other company.  :)

Spoiler

2022-11-04_11_10_08.thumb.png.50ef261092bd552fe302f449c5a4ac95.png2022-11-04_10_42_57.thumb.png.8ecf6fe35f05742a792d4ba154e61f66.png2022-10-31_20_56_40.thumb.png.82eeaf8fe5f46ee0210c60b0731c9cf3.png

• Like 1

Did a quick test of my new gfx card in KSP today.  Well, quick for me.  All I was planning to do was a check of FPS and look for things like driver or other issues.  The card seemed to work fine.  3 hours in the VAB later I looked at the clock and remembered that I had other adulting things to do.  Hate it when that happens.  :)  

I've restarted both FFVII and FFVIII Remastered on my Switch. Right now I'm grinding in FF8Remastered, Carding enemies to keep my level low. Trying to not kill the Fastitocalon-F monsters in the process, but saving after every battle so I think I'll be ok. I drew 100 Fires, Thunders, and Cures from Caterchipillars and Bite Bugs. I love this game. lol

Cult of the Lamb (Switch)

Been binge playing this lately. Finally got my following to 10 and hoping to grow that number before followers start dying off. Also still need to defeat the other demons.