What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

11 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Well, KSP2 launched into early access as scheduled.  Gonna be a lot of related content in the next few days.  I hope the actual game turns out to be worth the hype.

I'm sure it will, but try not to get your hopes up too much or you could set yourself up for a lot of disappointment. I'm speaking from a LOT of experience with that, been let down way too many times when my hopes soared. Just some friendly advice, man.

Disney Dreamlight Valley 

Been putting most of my time into DDV lately. Growing pumpkins to make moola and completing quests. Believe I have all areas unlocked for now. I'm still behind though lol. 

I FINALLY beat Vegeta in the Saiyan saga in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. After multiple lashings from Vegeta pounding away at Goku, I've finally learned the pattern of his attacks and dodged accordingly. ZL+Y to use that defensive shockwave move. Now I'm on to the next saga, which is the Frieza saga on Namek. I love this game, it's so challenging!!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

The Sims 4

Livestreamed it for about 3 hours. Have been on a building binge lately. Currently working on a family home with a basement and an upstairs. The yard is pretty much finished as well as the basement (which has the boy's bedroom, gym, bar and a tot spot) and kitchen.

Ark 

Got back into Ark because my fiance has been asking me to play it with him for like months. So I reinstalled and started a new save file. Just hope I don't get bored again.

Sons of the Forest

Just got this game today and didn't play much of it yet. Found Kelvin and a potential spot for my base. 

• Like 1

In DBZ Kakarot, after a looong time of grinding for some EXP using the Training Community to get more exp per fight, I finished the sidequest to help Chi-Chi cheer up. I'd already had the items, so I didn't have to look for them by this point. Not much accomplished today, but I'll be scouring the other locations for more sub-quests before taking off for Namek to face Frieza and the Ginyu Force. Hopefully Ginyu won't be able to use that body changing technique in the fight though... well, only one way to find out! Besides, he's got to still have a pattern that I'll figure out through enough losing. lol Seems to be how it works, but I just wish I took losing better.

Now I'm taking a break with some Jump Force that I got for Christmas... I think it was the last one... or the one before that maybe. lol Whenever I got my Switch. I need to improve my memory somehow. Oh, but my parents got me the Deluxe Edition of Jump Force, and even without the online features (since they stopped providing them apparently) it's still fun to make your own character and fight next to the Shonen Jump characters. :D

Edited by Otaku Gamer

I went ahead and started DBZ Kakarot over because apparently I missed a lot of sub-quests already last time, so now this time I'll be more thorough. Plus I finally get how the gifts work now. Before the restart, I didn't get it. lol Lost in the details, happens all too often. Can't wait to see the androids. ^^ Right now, I'm leveling up Piccolo before confronting Raditz. He hasn't kidnapped Gohan from Kame House yet though, but better to be over-prepared as opposed to under-prepared.

Edited by Android Rebel

So apparently Cities: Skylines II was announced.  I liked the first one but I really have no idea what the second one is about.  The announcement trailer didn't really say anything useful about gameplay.  "Later this year" for the release date.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, efaardvark said:

So apparently Cities: Skylines II was announced.  I liked the first one but I really have no idea what the second one is about.  The announcement trailer didn't really say anything useful about gameplay.  "Later this year" for the release date.

What was the first one like? What was it about? Like, building cities or...?

51 minutes ago, Android Rebel said:

What was the first one like? What was it about? Like, building cities or...?

The first one was basically a SimCity remake.  I did SimCity to death back in the day.  I had the original for the Commodore Amiga, the Loki version for Linux, and even a version for the Palm Pilot PDA.  I had to drop the habit due to Electronic Arts shenanigans but the original Cities: Skylines was there to take up where SC left off.  I’ve been playing the Steam version of C:S (+ various DLC) for a while now.

13 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

The first one was basically a SimCity remake.  I did SimCity to death back in the day.  I had the original for the Commodore Amiga, the Loki version for Linux, and even a version for the Palm Pilot PDA.  I had to drop the habit due to Electronic Arts shenanigans but the original Cities: Skylines was there to take up where SC left off.  I’ve been playing the Steam version of C:S (+ various DLC) for a while now.

Nice. If we had better wifi I'd give it a shot.

I started up the original FFVII on my Switch in preparation for Crisis Core (which I'll also be getting on my upcoming birthday). I don't recall all of the story, so I'm playing it through again. I've basically just started though, but I'll be farming for Potions from enemy MP guards which you can backtrack from the Save point to the walkway where Wedge is on the left, up the stairs and taking the elevator back up. I'm going to get 99 Potions from them, since it seem to be the common drop from those enemies. Their attacks are a lot weaker than the ones by the Save point, so I can sparingly use the Potions while farming for them, overall increasing the number until I collect 99 of them, then I'll fight the Scorpion boss at the reactor bomb's location. I can't wait til my birthday!!

So, I've been a fan of FFX and Vagrant Story ever since I was a kid, so when I read that Astria Ascending for the Switch was made by the very same people behind FFX and Vagrant Story, I had to have it. I gotta say, it does not disappoint. It's very challenging, strategy is needed. True to FFX form, if you go back to Harmonia Town then your MP will be fully recovered, so I take breaks from the Swamp dungeon to do that. HP automatically is refilled to max after every encounter, but MP doesn't regenerate unless you're back in Harmonia tower. It's a great game!! Very challenging. I have to fight a statue of Anon (water element deity) and I'm almost done farming for Lumens (the in-game currency) to purchase items to resurrect KO'd party members and buy some accessories, but the accessories are really expensive. Luckily you get the Lumens from random encounters and treasure chests, so all that's needed is patience, which I've got an abundance of. The combat is turn-based and very much reminds me of FFX in that way. They've included a mini-game called J-Ster which uses tokens of monsters that drop every now and then. It's pretty easy to get the hang of, but it sucks when you lose. lol Still, it's a fu game overall. I've reached level 10 while farming for the Lumens currency, before the first boss fight against Anon, which is a water deity. After beating it, you get to use it as a summon. It's pretty sweet, but there are also other intricacies of the game that would be better learned if experienced. But I definitely recommend Astria Ascending, from the creators of Final Fantasy X and Vagrant Story. :D 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I beat the Anon statue in the Swamps of Vetira. Well, it was Pisces Temple, but it all led to the same place. lol Those Omni-Potions really helped out a lot. Then again, I spent so much time farming for Lumens to buy them at 99 that I was probably over-leveled than was really necessary. Still, I love this game. I've visited the Guild and I've taken 2 Hunts so far, now I just need to find the targets.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Has anyone played Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Versions?

Unfortunately not. I haven't actually played any Pokemon games, but I wish I could.

I've had to restart Final Fantasy VII on my Switch because the save data got messed up from using the cheats too many times. lol So I deleted the save data and started a new game. Right now I'm farming Potions from the MP enemies in the first part of the game. I took the elevator back up to the area before, where the enemies don't pack as much of a punch. So far I've got 42. I'm aiming to get 99.

In FFVII I've acquired all 3 levels of Limit Breaks with Barret and Cloud. Next up is Tifa. I still need the 2nd Limit Breaks for each respective level though for Cloud and Barret.  I just have the 1 Limit Break for Tifa at level 1. They're approximately in their late teen levels right now. So, I need to have Tifa kill a lot of enemies to unlock all levels of her Limit Breaks. I'm at the Sector 5 Mako Reactor to try to blow it up.