What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

In Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution I've found that, after a set number of wins and losses each, you stop getting cards for rewards in the Story duels. Before the cut off point, you get cards and points for booster packs as rewards, ones for winning, and ones for losing, both separately... I think. I don't think they're combined. It'd suck if it was combined, because you only get 1 card when you lose and at least 3 if you win, so maybe I'm just hoping you have to lose a certain number of times and win a certain number of times, separately. I just played out the very first Tutorial in the original series' stories. It took a lot of wins, since it's a tutorial it's literally impossible to lose though, so I can't get cards for losing that one. The cards themselves seem to vary as far as the rewards, but mostly cards that the opponent had in their deck, if I'm not mistaken. You are able to swap the duelists though, so you can play as each of the duelists in the story duel. The dialog remains the same though, but it's a neat feature to try to get different cards for each, separate cut off points for each character's rewards though. So that's awesome. I still don't have absolutely all of the Harpie Lady cards, since there's something called a Challenge where you have to duel a real expert Mai with a badass deck, and I just don't have the cards to do that just yet. Maybe soon, but not yet.

Oh sure.  Find, capture, and return an asteroid to Kerbin.  No problem. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7d15e07a7f04b67e214d237886461bcc.png

I'm barely even halfway through the tech tree too.  What do they expect me to capture it with?  A net?  No fancy nuclear engines or mining/refining tech either.  I need another few million $$ just to upgrade my R&D lab before I can even start researching that stuff.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8dee3f97b0743628c05bf691ff122444.png

image.png.88973a1ae71980746855a2c4cc9b796d.png

After deleting my save data in Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution, I've collected the Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode. Next is the Winged Dragon of Ra and Immortal Phoenix (another power-up for Ra). I can't even remember why I started over, but I can say I'm not doing that again. lol

Disney Dreamlight Valley 

Binge playing this again. Missed out on most of last updates stuff but gonna try focusing on this one. Also been decorating the map more as well. 

Final Fantasy XV

On my 2nd playthrough to prepare for Final Fantasy XVI. I remember when this game seemed to be really long and now that it's been out for awhile it seems short compared to today's games. 

Took some more tourists to the Mün in KSP1.  I had a bit of trouble when I went to land however.  Somebody put a crater in exactly the wrong place and I had to use too much fuel to divert to a flatter landing zone.  Landed ok in spite of that but on the ascent ran out of fuel before reaching orbit.  Suborbital trajectories are "bad".  They tend to intersect with the ground at high velocities.  Not good for tourism.

All I had left was some RCS (reaction control system) thrusters.  RCS is only meant for precision control on the approach when docking with another spacecraft but you work with what you got.  So I turned the lander around (RCS is in the front/top of the vehicle) and fired the RCS thrusters until they ran dry.  Just barely managed to miss the ground on the way down but now everyone is stranded in orbit with no fuel and no way to even dock with another spacecraft to refuel.  Not that there's anything anywhere close by to dock with.  Gonna have to mount some sort of rescue operation.

Spoiler

KSP_screenshot_2023-06-03_19_20_13.thumb.png.758d2e7d70081de6c0b180f06507cd38.png

That zombie villager I cured turned out to be a weaponsmith.  After giving him a grindstone and leveling him up he's offering Efficiency II / Silk Touch diamond axes and Unbreaking II diamond swords for 1 emerald apiece.  Nice.

Spoiler

2023-06-04_00_13_14.thumb.png.1fa82287b69fc3ba1e549f9f8e422a08.png2023-06-04_00_13_25.thumb.png.a370592354e570d7b4a5e4b4f41c1cb5.png

Built a new Tourist Lander in KSP1 to rescue the previous batch stranded in Mün orbit.  This one has a significant increase in dV so not so likely to wind up in the same situation even if it encounters awkwardly-placed craters..  It also has a build option for an extra stage that's mostly fuel tank if that's not enough.  With the extra stage it has a dV of over 5000m/s.  Even without it the vehicle has a dV of over 3300m/s, compared to the stranded ship that only had around 2700.  (This time out the new one isn't going to land but it has the fuel tank so it can dock with and refuel the one that ran out.   It adds considerably to the cost however so for normal, non-rescue tourist missions the extra stage will be left off.) 

screenshot0.thumb.png.bc57e99e23c62a35c2f7e224434ef1c2.png

Edited by efaardvark

I've been playing a lot of Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage on PS3. I've unlocked Musou Tensei for Kenshiro and Raoh, now I just need to grind for Skill Points to unlock everything in their Meridian Charts. Now I'm focused on Jagi's Dream Mode, trying to max out his Meridian Chart before completing it to unlock Raoh's Dream Mode. I've barely been scraping by with Skill Points using Jagi though... I might have to amp it up to Hard on the difficulties just so I can get more after a Mission.

Diablo 4

Been binge playing as a necromancer since early release on Thursday. Honestly, had no interest in the game earlier so I didn't get it until last minute. Now I'm obsessed with it. I can see why people were hyped about it. I'm currently level 17 and have been playing mostly the side missions as well as upgrading my armor and weapons as well as exploring. 

The stranded tourists have been rescued.  The new lander not only has plenty of fuel but due to tech upgrades since I built the first one it is a lot easier to pilot as well.  That means more precise maneuvers and less wasted fuel.  Only thing I don't like is that it is heavier so it tends to use more RCS fuel than the old one.  That's a minor issue however.  Overall it worked well.  Sent it to the Mun to dock with the out-of-fuel ship and transfer over enough fuel to get it (and the tourists) back to low Kerbin orbit.  Tourists are now back safely in orbit on the tourist station that I set up as a staging/refueling base for these sorts of contracts.  All that remains is to send up the shuttle to bring them back down. 

Spoiler

KSP_screenshot_2023-06-04_15_30_24.thumb.png.56cd32e7f4d43074fb39aaebffe25da0.png

In other news I somehow misplaced my dV map for KSP & had to go find a replacement.  The dV (delta-velocity) map is a required planning tool for pretty much any mission in KSP.   Never did understand why one isn't included in the base game docs.

Spoiler

spacer.png 

Edited by efaardvark

In Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution I've made a Yami Bakura inspured deck with fiends as the main theme. The 3 Dark Necrofear cards really come in handy when the other duelist has a stronger monster card, allowing me to take control of it in my End Phase. Dark Ruler Ha Des has the effect of negating all effect monsters' effects that are destroyed by Fiend cards, which I've got a 20 Fiend deck to play with those. My Spells/Traps really pull through for me most of the time, too. So, I think I've found a working Fiend deck to use with Yami Bakura set as the avatar that appears in my corner whenever I use that deck. It's pretty fun to use.

Minecraft's "Trails and Tales"  1.20 update is here.  This one might be the most interesting update since the Nether update.  Gonna have to find some time to play with it.

Spoiler

Screenshotfrom2023-06-0717-01-26.thumb.png.a9fc63c921e30c136cab55e2dd56263f.png

Edited by efaardvark

In Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution I've collected most of the cards in the Kaiba booster pack. I've already collected most in the Mai and Joey booster packs, but Kaiba's cards, Yugi's cards, and Solomon Muto's (who Yugi always refers to as Grandpa) booster packs have still eluded me. I've collected a lot of DP (which I think is Duel Points) and is used for the booster packs, each series. There's Yu-Gi-Oh!, GX, 5d's, Zexal, Arc-5, and Vrains. The game covers the entire stories of those series. It's pretty fun. I only appreciated it later, after I bought it. At first I didn't like it much, but omg it's really a lot of fun once you get into it.

Found another iron ore vein while caving in minecraft.  I never even fully mined out the first one I found, and I must have pulled out enough iron ore from that one for dozens of stacks of iron blocks!  Who needs an iron farm?  :)  (I do have a Fortune pickaxe tho, which helps as well.)

Spoiler

2023-06-10_17_10_33.thumb.png.cfe5eb2a756fb578cfa34082881ed4f2.png

Found a deep dark biome in my brother’s Minecraft server.  No city yet though, just some skulk so far.

Gotta say those shriekers are pretty intimidating, especially after the second one goes off.  :)   I just grabbed a couple of each skulk block type for experimentation purposes and left.

2023-06-11_20_47_15.thumb.jpeg.b6acbc3fe26aea6998a0a359a93b94bb.jpeg

Edited by efaardvark
That typoo you never see until you send

I finally made a Red-Eyes deck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Links Evolution. It's pretty fun to win with. I just beat Bandit Keith when he was controlled by Marik relatively easily. lol Awesomeness.

Found out something new in minecraft.  I did not know zombies could climb vines!  I'm going to have to rethink some of my decorations.

Spoiler

2023-06-16_22_45_34.thumb.png.832a68622cd8867451c315584111ee67.png

Ok, so, after all that time wasted on trying to get Cloud's 4th Limit Break (Omnislash) only to realize I'd need a far tougher party than what I had and wasn't willing to repeat that long time at the Gold Saucer again, I've decided to start up Final Fantasy VII from the beginning again. Here we go! And Crisis Core right after it, followed by Advent Children (which is the CGI motion picture depicting events post-FFVII). And starting over without cheats. lol I used the built-in god mode cheats to keep raising the Limit Break bar to max after every use, which led to a fast acquisition of the Limit Breaks. Well, not this time. This time I'll have the patience to wait to unlock them the old fashioned way.

Well, wish me luck! ^^

Pushed my luck a bit too far while exploring a deep dark biome for an ancient city.  Accidentally set off a skulk sensor hidden behind a wall and summoned a warden.  Fortunately I had an escape route planned and got out of range before it finished spawning.  He seemed upset that he could not find me.  :) 

Spoiler

2023-06-17_14_11_08.thumb.png.003f8ac8427a2f6a23432fe0b0a62b79.png

So first the good news.. I found an ancient city!

Now the bad news.. there's a zombie generator somewhere inside it.  😱

Word to the wise: you DO NOT want baby zombies coming after you while you're sneaking around in an ancient city!

Spoiler

2023-06-18_14_23_40.thumb.png.52313f4a41bbf62947389b99786e0895.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Word to the wise: you DO NOT want baby zombies coming after you while you're sneaking around in an ancient city!

You pretty much don’t want them anytime

I played a bit of blue protocol and went to level 7. Just to understand the game story, I have 5 windows open with different translators.