What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

On 7/28/2018 at 1:37 PM, Ryuji said:

That is an annoying zone. What part can't you get past?

I played the original so I had a pretty good idea of how to complete that zone. Of course some things were changed. 

I'm currently on Zone 5. So much fun!

Those dang moving blocks. Either the purple water drowns me because I can't get up there fast enough or the blocks squash me. I'm still stuck on it. Have been for a over a week now. 😢

5 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Those dang moving blocks. Either the purple water drowns me because I can't get up there fast enough or the blocks squash me. I'm still stuck on it. Have been for a over a week now. 😢

You just have to time your jumps just right. Like when you're as high as that block goes, you're going to want to jump up as soon as it starts to move so you can get above the next blocks without them squishing you.

Anyways, I've made it to Zone 10.

• Like 1

I've completed the normal ending of Sonic Mania Plus. Gotta collect all the chaos emeralds now for true final boss.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization 

Got this game as a late bday present from my best friend and just started it today. I'm not too far into the game. I just got to the exploring the first city with Asuna.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I played a couple levels of the main story and did some of the mini games as well in the afternoon.

Sims 4 (PC)

Played a couple hours of this. My main Sim's youngest child turned into a toddler and her husband's brother discovered his gf is having a baby, lol. 

I have this game for the PS4 but with the lack of expansions I don't play much of it on the console. Plus the PC version is easier to play on.

I'm playin FIFA 16 career as a player. This player is Quebo Asamoah, he's black and he's from France and plays in York City. He was top scorer in last season. After that career I will start career as young Japan player who plays in Japan league and loves anime like I do 😂

Bloodborne [PS4]

Made it to Gherman final boss fight, finishing up all side quests before killing him; going to try to get the Moon presence in my next play-through. 

Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)

Doing a second playthrough of this game and honestly I don't understand entirely why it got all the hate that it has. I hear so many complaints on its graphics and animations but if you think about it that's one of the things BioWare is known for (check out Dragon Age: Inquisition for example). Also I thought the Storyline was great. The only thing I'm severely upset and disappointed by is the fact that BioWare is giving up ME. So all in all we will never find out what happens after Andromeda. 

Played a bit of R6: Siege earlier on my PC, I'll probably play some more of it later today since that's pretty much what I play most of the time. Maybe some Yakuza 0 potentially as well.

So we recently found our old cartridge for Bravely Default, which we remember being quite good, but for some reason we never got round to finishing it. So we could play it together properly, we grabbed a ROM and fired it up in an emulator. The gameplay is really cool with this mechanic that allows you to store up turns or use them in advance to do really big hits. The Jobs (class) system was pretty well made too, allowing you to switch whenever you want, and mix up your abilities between different jobs, allowing a ton of customisation.

We have once again dropped it without even getting halfway through. The writing was absolutely awful, and the voice acting was diabolical too. We actually got fed up of the English voices at one point, so switched to Japanese, AND THEY WERE WORSE! The four protagonists do not seem like good people trying to save the world, they seem like ignorant people foisting their ideals on others. The villains basically seem to be evil for the sake of being evil. Most of them don't gain anything by doing what they're doing, as far as we can see yet at least. Every single line is delivered in such an overplayed, fake way, and the accents are ridiculously stereotypical. There's this monk that you fight early on who's kind of dumb, and he has "the dumb voice". You know the one, kind of deep and slurred, but really forced out of his mouth.

So yeah, if you ever want to play Bravely Default, ask yourself: Do you care about the gameplay, the plot, or a mixture of both? If it's either of the latter two, don't bother, play something else.

I was going to make an individual thread about this, but I think I'll just post it here, because I feel like talking about it what we should be doing in gaming today: https://www.dualshockers.com/shooting-madden-nfl-19-tournament-jacksonville/

There is no official number on how many people were shot or killed, but current estimates that are being brought up around the news are saying 4 dead and 9 to 11 people injured, at least two of them appear to be serious condition, mean the fatality number could increase.  Police have said that the shooter who has not been identified yet committed suicide after they were done. The shooting happened at a Madden 19 tournament at Jacksonville Florida, which has now had two in the last two days, the first of which, happened on Friday night after a football game was ending and 1 was killed and two were injured there, which you can read about here: http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180824/1-dead-2-injured-in-shooting-after-raines-football-game

The shooter of the first crime was not caught, so some have to wonder of course if the shooter in both of these cases was the same person but that does not appear to be the case, as the shooter at the Madden Tournament was confirmed to be a white male and the shooter at the football game was confirmed to be a black male.

• Geano pinned this topic
  • Geano unpinned this topic